Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
  • Leipzig want the transfer to be completed by the time they begin their season with the Super Cup match against Bayern Munich.
  • Leipzig can only bring in Geertruida (price: €40m) to replace Gvardiol once they sell the latter player.

Kellyiom

If Hudson-Odoi has the chance to work under Steve Cooper again then he should be speeding up the M1 as we speak.

Cooper's stewardship is fairy dust for young English players.
I see on the BBC website Hudson-Odoi is potentially off to Fulham for £4mm. I don't know how accurate that is but it seems pretty low. Has he had any injury problems or not delivered in some aspect of his game? I was just surprised I guess at it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1): Mike Verweij
With Leeds United being relegated from the Premier League last season, Club Brugge now think they have a chance of striking a deal with the Englishmen.
Brugge still aren't aware of the fee that's required to acquire Struijk.

Tender Teacher

I see on the BBC website Hudson-Odoi is potentially off to Fulham for £4mm. I don't know how accurate that is but it seems pretty low. Has he had any injury problems or not delivered in some aspect of his game? I was just surprised I guess at it.
I think it's just a case of there being a very minimal market for him.

Most European leagues have the three non-EU players max rule, interest from the Bundesliga has dampened thanks to his poor loan to Bayer Leverkusen last season and Premier League clubs generally don't like taking any risk at all when signing players.

Kellyiom

I think it's just a case of there being a very minimal market for him.

Most European leagues have the three non-EU players max rule, interest from the Bundesliga has dampened thanks to his poor loan to Bayer Leverkusen last season and Premier League clubs generally don't like taking any risk at all when signing players.
ah, right. That EU rule I'd forgotten, still living in the past...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
The Bayern-Levy meeting was also postponed because the Tottenham boss has various things to work on after the Singapore trip and is also jetlagged. Both sides agreed that there was no need to rush things at the moment. By mutual agreement, a new date was chosen...

Bayern remains very optimistic about Kane. They have the player's word. PSG is still not an issue for him. A settlement with Tel/loan of the talent is currently not an issue for both Bayern and Tel himself.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Appears our ownership are dead serious about loading Strasbourg up with talent and hoping Vieira can mould them into gems that we then take to Chelsea. But this is a lot of fecking money to spend on someone who will go straight out on loan. :houllier::houllier::houllier:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Such a weird transfer, even Rennes fans are puzzled.
Someone told me he’s Lavia 12 months before Lavia turned into a £50M player. I know nothing about him though.

Ace of Spades

Someone told me he’s Lavia 12 months before Lavia turned into a £50M player. I know nothing about him though.
He is considered a talent, but you have plenty of those. At some point you also need some experience and players who will be for the now.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
He's a real talent, physically he's a beast, but he's still very raw and €30M is a lot of money to gamble on a kid like him. He could very well become a top DM but he's not there yet and he'll need time and to play regularly (which might not happen at Chelsea since it's rumoured he might stay and not be loaned).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Our resident Football expert @Adnan mentioned him as one to keep an eye on when Camavinga was on the move .
He is considered a talent, but you have plenty of those. At some point you also need some experience and players who will be for the now.
He's a real talent, physically he's a beast, but he's still very raw and €30M is a lot of money to gamble on a kid like him. He could very well become a top DM but he's not there yet and he'll need time and to play regularly (which might not happen at Chelsea since it's rumoured he might stay and not be loaned).
He has about 60 pro games to his name, that’s very raw indeed, but he’s about 30-40 games for Villa or West Ham away from being valued at £70-80M. Lavia has 34 career games to his name but it’s been in the PL so his valuation gets to be double.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
He has about 60 pro games to his name, that’s very raw indeed, but he’s about 30-40 games for Villa or West Ham away from being valued at £70-80M. Lavia has 34 career games to his name but it’s been in the PL so his valuation gets to be double.
60 pro games dont mean much when more than half of them were late game subs, he probably has the same amount of minutes as Lavia but hasnt proved himself a starter. I dont know much about Lavia since I dont watch a lot of Southampton so I can't compare the 2 players but even Rennes fans are happy to take the money and run. But Montpellier fans are pissed since you're offering the same amount of money for an unproven DM as you did for their starting 9 :D