Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThanksBoss26

After a couple of loan moves that didn’t work looks like he’s found somewhere to kick on now.
Extending the contract at least gave us chance to put the sell on clause in, though on a 2 year deal you wouldn’t be surprised to see him go next summer or run it down and move on a free if he does well.

UnitedFire

For €15m, a striker ETH is already familiar with who could be an option for this season and then a backup the following season. I don't mind it. He did well at Ajax and pretty much everyone at Leipzig was performing terribly in 1st half of the season tbf to him. Nkunku was pretty much carrying them single-handedly before they replaced Marsch with Tedesco. He's still only 20 also, so would be a long-term option.

Wouldn't be one of my first choices to be clear, but there don't seem to be many realistic alternatives atm so...
Really any better than Garnacho, Shoretire, Elanga, Hugill and McNeil?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And I'm assuming you're aware that Leipzig, Barca and Feyenoord are "clubs outside of Ajax"?
Are you for Damn serious here ? FDJ who has played at Ajax and now with Barca, Malacia- a player who he wanted to sign for Ajax, Martinez- his key player last year and Eriksen - who is an ex- Ajax player.

However way you look at it, there is an Ajax or Dutch connection. So yes, there are players outside Ajax .

AussieDevil

I don’t understand this whole “played for Ajax” issue. We’ve just changed our football structure, it will take time for the manager and scouting team plus director of football to develop a strategy of bringing in players from around the globe to fit ETH’s system.

But for now he has come into a broken dressing room, with barely three weeks of training before he has to tour through Asia, so he needs players he can trust and that can be his voice on the field. And it’s hardly like we are going for poor players. We’re being linked with De Jong and De Ligt who are two of the most coveted players in their positions. We’re linked with Eriksen who has proven to be a very impactful player in the PL and played for Ajax about 8 years ago and signed Malacia who is probably the most talented left back we could’ve signed for so cheap. And Martinez just won player of the season and linked to multiple PL clubs.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I don’t understand this whole “played for Ajax” issue. We’ve just changed our football structure, it will take time for the manager and scouting team plus director of football to develop a strategy of bringing in players from around the globe to fit ETH’s system.

But for now he has come into a broken dressing room, with barely three weeks of training before he has to tour through Asia, so he needs players he can trust and that can be his voice on the field. And it’s hardly like we are going for poor players. We’re being linked with De Jong and De Ligt who are two of the most coveted players in their positions. We’re linked with Eriksen who has proven to be a very impactful player in the PL and played for Ajax about 8 years ago and signed Malacia who is probably the most talented left back we could’ve signed for so cheap. And Martinez just won player of the season and linked to multiple PL clubs.
Not exactly rocket science is it? He's making it his locker room by bringing in players he trusts, who trust him. Also by the way, they can play football at the standard required.

big_jeffstar

But for now he has come into a broken dressing room, with barely three weeks of training before he has to tour through Asia, so he needs players he can trust and that can be his voice on the field. And it’s hardly like we are going for poor players. We’re being linked with De Jong and De Ligt who are two of the most coveted players in their positions. We’re linked with Eriksen who has proven to be a very impactful player in the PL and played for Ajax about 8 years ago and signed Malacia who is probably the most talented left back we could’ve

This.
before Ten Hag arrived there was an understanding across the fan base and multiple discussions on this forum that he'd most likely bring in some players he believes can implement his style quicker and get some bodies in the dressing room he can trust, now it's actually happening and some people are losing their minds about it.... if he arrived and was forced to sign players the scouting department liked, people would moan that we're forcing players on the manager, and our scouting is crap anyway.. if he brings in his own players, he's narrow minded.. the club can't win,
Maybe it's worth looking at if next year he's only looking at the Eredivesie.. i think it's far too premature to draw conclusions about it right now.

2E_MUFC

Ajax have signed Bergwign. Could be Antony’s replacement. And i would be very underwhelmed if we replaced Ronaldo with Brobbey.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Of course he is, he's played first team football and physically is miles ahead of them all.

I'd say a couple of those lads ceilings are higher though.

sparx99

I like that we seem to be active on several fronts, but would really prefer some CF links over Antony or another CB
Yeah, still seems slow though. I can't believe we've been training for 2 weeks and now flying out on tour with only one new signing and in a position that was 5-6th on the priority list.

The season kicks off in 30 days!

TheReligion

Abusive
I like that we seem to be active on several fronts, but would really prefer some CF links over Antony or another CB
I think the club weren’t expecting issues with Ronaldo and caught off guard by it. Especially if you look at the kit release video being placed on hold.

I’m sure we are looking at how to respond but could take a bit of time before and links develop

Dazzmondo

Well at this point you would definitely have to say yes. The Eredevisie is a far higher standard than any of those players besides Elanga has played at, and Brobbey performed quite well. Also, only Hugill and McNeill are really comparable to him, considering the others aren't really strikers. Hugill I don't see being anything special personally. I'd be quite shocked if he made it at Utd. McNeill I had more hopes for about a year ago, but it's quite telling that he never got called up to even train with the senior squad as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't give up on him yet, but don't think you could realistically say he's at Brobbey's level right now. Garnacho is the one of those that I think will be better than Brobbey, since he looks a special talent to me, but he's a winger really, so not an option to replace Ronaldo.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This.
before Ten Hag arrived there was an understanding across the fan base and multiple discussions on this forum that he'd most likely bring in some players he believes can implement his style quicker and get some bodies in the dressing room he can trust, now it's actually happening and some people are losing their minds about it.... if he arrived and was forced to sign players the scouting department liked, people would moan that we're forcing players on the manager, and our scouting is crap anyway.. if he brings in his own players, he's narrow minded.. the club can't win,
Maybe it's worth looking at if next year he's only looking at the Eredivesie.. i think it's far too premature to draw conclusions about it right now.
A point people are missing to add;

last year our dressing room was toxic and he is sure to have been made aware. So he’s not only bringing in players who can hit the training knowing what’s required but also players he trusts to have good character and can create a positive atmosphere around the club

JB7

I see it took Ten Hag less than two weeks to realise Dalot is useless then.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We really need to sell some defenders if we intend to bring in a new LB, CB and RB
I think it’s been evident all summer that we’re open to selling all of Telles, Williams, Axel, Jones, Bailly and AWB.

Our strategy seems pretty clear so I’ve never understood the constant moaning:
Malacia, De Jong, Martinez and Eriksen for the 120m budget that was rumoured then the sales of Pereira, Chong, Axel, Jones, Bailly, Williams and Telles to raise the funds for Antony when Ajax inevitably see sense. If we get a good offer for AWB then we’ll sign a RB. If one of Martial/Ronaldo leaves we’ll sign a striker.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think it’s been evident all summer that we’re open to selling all of Telles, Williams, Axel, Jones, Bailly and AWB.

Our strategy seems pretty clear so I’ve never understood the constant moaning:
Malacia, De Jong, Martinez and Eriksen for the 120m budget that was rumoured then the sales of Pereira, Chong, Axel, Jones, Bailly, Williams and Telles to raise the funds for Antony when Ajax inevitably see sense. If we get a good offer for AWB then we’ll sign a RB. If one of Martial/Ronaldo leaves we’ll sign a striker.
I agree with all of that, it just doesn't seem like there's much interest from anyone in those guys. Selling Pereira to Fulham was of course a solid first step

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I agree with all of that, it just doesn't seem like there's much interest from anyone in those guys. Selling Pereira to Fulham was of course a solid first step
Unfortunately I think a lot of the outs will be later in the window - it will rely on other players moving from clubs etc. Antony is injured though for another few weeks so there’s no mad rush.

JB7

Unfortunately I think a lot of the outs will be later in the window - it will rely on other players moving from clubs etc. Antony is injured though for another few weeks so there’s no mad rush.
I agree, with both this and your initial post. The strategy appears crystal clear and the players we've made available are by and large the sort of players that clubs in the lower part of the table to be interested in and traditionally those are the clubs that are more active late in the window, particularly if they've lost two or three of their first few games.

led_scholes

To be fair it would have pretty dickish of us to ask for a high fee Dundee couldn’t pay - we’ve literally only extended his contract to sell and this is a great move for him.
I think it would be better to ask for no fee and ask for 50%. Even a buyback.

Status
Not open for further replies.