Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It feels like more but post SAF we've only signed 4 back-up goalies.
Valdes (14/15) , Romero (15/16) , Grant (18/19) and Heaton (21/22).

Brophs

The One and Only
150+ matches in serie A and you have never heard of him ?
Make it 1,500 and my answer would still be the same. I have young kids. If I get to watch football that isn’t a United match it’s likely PL. And on the rare occasion I watch another league it’ll be stuff like Barca v Madrid, Bayern v Dortmund, Juve v Milan or something. Stage of life and all that. Or at least it is for me.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
All the talk the last few years of keepers who could play in midfield has clearly had an impact on the club.

lysglimt

Scout
Make it 1,500 and my answer would still be the same. I have young kids. If I get to watch football that isn’t a United match it’s likely PL. And on the rare occasion I watch another league it’ll be stuff like Barca v Madrid, Bayern v Dortmund, Juve v Milan or something. Stage of life and all that. Or at least it is for me.
Well I have seen him a few times - and he is actually a very good goalkeeper. Surprising if he wants to join us as back-up to De Gea. He is good enough to play regularly for half the teams in the P.L

lsd

The Oracle
Well I have seen him a few times - and he is actually a very good goalkeeper. Surprising if he wants to join us as back-up to De Gea. He is good enough to play regularly for half the teams in the P.L

That surprises me too as I would have thought he is too good for that. I suspect he has been told he will get games and a chance to be number one.

No coming back for Henderson now

NewYorkRed

Why did we sign Heaton? I don’t understand that signing tbh.
Have you ever played a sport? Heaton and Grant before him are there A)incase of a serious injury crises and B)because they’re great dressing room guys. Every team needs a few guys that are just great to be in the room with.

sparx99

Why did we sign Heaton? I don’t understand that signing tbh.
Because he is happy being 3rd choice. It's not like having an injury crisis is unheard of. Most clubs have 3 goalkeepers in their first-team squad and loan out the younger ones for experience.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Do people realise that Lee Grant isn't at the club any more?

We actually only have DDG and Heaton as first team keepers.

This guy is actually a very good GK and will play in European and cup games, so plenty of game time hopefully.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Great if true but still doesn't answer my question. Why has it taken so long? We've had no-one to barter with?
He's been away!!

Difficult to have a medical and sit down to talk contracts when he's away on a break!

Dim7

Summer budget . 120m
In: Malacia15m
  1. Sell: Jones, Bailly, Bissaka, Telles, Williams, Martial, Pereira. = +100m
  2. Bring in Martinez = -50m
  3. Now exchange Maguire ( Xavi wants him) with De Jong plus 50m.
Budget now 105m
Get rid of Ronaldo and get Free Dybala

Last bring Antony and a RB with remaining budget.

Ain't nuclear science, John and Richard..
And still after all that we can also generate another signing... like a proper CDM if you add one all the released big contract players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you ever played a sport? Heaton and Grant before him are there A)incase of a serious injury crises and B)because they’re great dressing room guys. Every team needs a few guys that are just great to be in the room with.
You know this is high stakes pro football don't you?
We've not just signed a couple of good lads for the banter.

Jev

Remember when Moyes wanted Jagielka and Fellaini and we all saw it as evidence that he was a mid-table manager who didn't understand what it takes to play for United? This is starting to feel similar. So many Eredivisie players historically have failed to take the step up, and our manager seems interested in nothing but that league, even shopping from the second or third shelf. This guy? Really?

Last edited:

GreatDane

Man, I should have played football then. Happy to sit on the bench while being Mr Nice Guy and getting paid stupid money for it.

'How was your day honey?'
'Great! Had a work out and got paid doing it.'

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
You also need several keepers for training. And while training with the first team, a youth goalie couldn't play for the reserve/youth teams

roseguy64

Someone will be on to explain why a 3rd choice keeper is such a critical position to fill next.
When most of us would think some youth teamer could easily cover it.
It's clearly obvious we want our youth team keepers to be playing first team games on loan rather than wasting their time as a backup. Any youth teamer who's not good enough to be out on loan yet is not good enough to be 3rd choice.

Top clubs do it for a reason. Man City re-signed Scott Carson not to block a youth team keeper from being there but to better their development.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasn’t Grant supposedly a dressing room leak?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He will come in handy for our Home Grown quota?
Because he is happy being 3rd choice. It's not like having an injury crisis is unheard of. Most clubs have 3 goalkeepers in their first-team squad and loan out the younger ones for experience.
All of these reasons can be done by having any of the reserve / youth keepers already at the club as the 3rd in case of emergency to be honest.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do people realise that Lee Grant isn't at the club any more?

We actually only have DDG and Heaton as first team keepers.

This guy is actually a very good GK and will play in European and cup games, so plenty of game time hopefully.
Yep.

On the Caf though it’s just something else to get excitable about and begin moaning.

It’s a free transfer you muppets and will have no baring on what else we do in the window.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
150+ matches in serie A and you have never heard of him ?
What a terrible metric. I'm sure there's plenty of players in the premier League with 150+ matches that people in italy have never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.