g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
To call myself a commerce novice is very generous. Still, even with my limited knowledge of the subject Barcelona's "business plan" seems asinine and short-sighted if I am being kind.
I was thinking the exact same thing, the tweeter even making it sound like a fact that selling 25% of their TV rights is a good thing! :lol:

One of the negatives of having an elected president who wants nothing more than to be reelected - long term strategy goes out the window for short term votes.

Barca may have a few year left competing at the top before players start to wonder why they're playing for peanuts when they could play for other clubs chasing honours for a lot more.

The city of Barcelona ain't that special.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Summer budget . 120m
In: Malacia15m
  1. Sell: Jones, Bailly, Bissaka, Telles, Williams, Martial, Pereira. = +100m
  2. Bring in Martinez = -50m
  3. Now exchange Maguire ( Xavi wants him) with De Jong plus 50m.
Budget now 105m
Get rid of Ronaldo and get Free Dybala

Last bring Antony and a RB with remaining budget.

Ain't nuclear science, John and Richard..
And still after all that we can also generate another signing... like a proper CDM if you add one all the released big contract players.
Damn, should have given you the job.
Got buyers lined up for Jones, Bailly, Wan Bissaka, Telles, Williams, and Martial have you? Pereira has been sold for £10m, so you know, just another 90m to go.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
funnily, he’s on their show
Yeah hes such a dickhead. I listened to him out of lack of options on YouTube a few times when I do idle chores around the house. He is a proper idiot, actually toxic to the fan base.

On that Talksport bit, Goldbridge said how he wants to see bigger players like Pau Torres, not Martinez. The fecking idiot was acting like its not Ten Hags decision to go for one over the other and started shitting on the club.

There are 101 legitimate issues but idiotic conspiracy theories help no one.

roseguy64

Steve Mcmahon effectively renders him redundant. There's no use for him.
So having multiple sources of knowledge of how football in England works is a bad thing? EtH should have as much info as possible. McClaren was out of England for a few years and then was involved in lower league work the last couple years.

Phelan has been involved in planning and analysing how to combat PL teams for the last few years. His knowledge is more recent. It can't hurt.

Not like Erik has to follow his advice to the tee. Just has to take all he knows onboard and adapt what he gets from it.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Yeah hes such a dickhead. I listened to him out of lack of options on YouTube a few times when I do idle chores around the house. He is a proper idiot, actually toxic to the fan base.

On that Talksport bit, Goldbridge said how he wants to see bigger players like Pau Torres, not Martinez. The fecking idiot was acting like its not Ten Hags decision to go for one over the other and started shitting on the club.

I really can't stand (no pun intended) that guy. Every time I get bored and put it on, I instantly regret it.
There was a guy on his show, goes my the name Flex, who's now left to start his own thing called the United View. Still same idea, making money off the club and fans but the difference is, Flex is actually level headed with his takes and is far less toxic. Also doesn’t use the ridiculous clickbaity headlines Goldbridge uses, claim to be an ITK, get transfers wrong (see Sancho season beforelast) then blame the club everytime his shittye transfer claims turns out false.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He's part of the AFTV model and probably endemic of general media these days. Moaning and rants get way more interactions, ergo more money. He looks for things to say to get more interactions, I don't think he really believes half of it. The fact he uses a pseudonym is telling in itself.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Goldbridge is a character, like literally a fictional character. Partridge style. He'll have read all this as he's a user on here.

Robertd0803

Not being funny but I'm not sure how that experience really translates to being useful anymore. We have a new manager and coaching staff who are drastically different to everything that Phelan is used to. Mclaren is already there for the English/PL link and as a face Ten Hag trusts
Its not just about coaching experience, Im pretty sure Phelan has a wealth of knowledge and stories and would make a fine ambassador for the club.

Theres more to it than just coaching. Plenty of other roles there.

Robertd0803

I considered putting this in the England & Scotland Tweets thread, but I feel like it has a strong relation with our pursuit of de Jong. Thanks to both @Rolaholic and @Berbaclass in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

• Selling 10% of the TV rights (for ~€200m) made the Kessié and Christensen registrations possible.
  • Nico wants to stay at Barcelona but is open to loan move if he can't get regular minutes.
    • Marseille is a possible loan destination.
  • If Barcelona earn 70-80 million Euros guaranteed from de Jong's sale, then Barcelona will pursue Bernardo Silva.
    • Bernardo Silva's already informed City about his Barcelona desire.
  • Manchester City want close to €100m for Bernardo Silva.
    • Unaffordable for Barcelonca as part of the de Jong money would be used to fund Lewandowski's transfer
    • Selling the remaining 15% of the TV rights (to earn ~€200m+ more) will help Barcelona.
  • Mendes and Laporta agreed on the following:
    • Barcelona will pay the €100m over 2-3 seasons (after selling both de Jong and the remainder of the TV rights)
    • Bernardo Silva's potential salary will be in line with the squad's salary restrictions (don't expect him to be overpaid).
    • Mendes will not meet up with City's representatives until de Jong is sold.
Shortened English summary:

They seem to forget all these plans are dependent on City actually agreeing to sell Silva in the first place.

hobbers

Spend the same on Neves and Tielemans together maybe.

£65m on Neves no thank you. :lol:

UTD_Since_1978

...claim to be an ITK, get transfers wrong (see Sancho last season) then blame the club everytime his shittye transfer claims turns out false.
UTD did actually sign Sancho last season, it was the season before that that we were linked but failed to get him.

Woziak

You do realise he’s played CL football and has bossed both Haaland and Nunes already? There’s analysis videos in this very thread if you bother to look.
On the Ground yes, CL football is not Teams slinging in crosses all the time, I think he’s a great player but I can’t see a 5’7 CB doing great in PL, take this forum back 5 years and people said the sane about Lindelof the iceman. I think he’ll be an asset but can see him playing in a variety of positions.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Why are we still smelling Barcas butt for De Jong? It's not like he is prime Xavi and will transform our team single-handedly. Enough is enough. Show some self respect and quickly get the numbers in into midfield.

AdNani

Why are we still smelling Barcas butt for De Jong? It's not like he is prime Xavi and will transform our team single-handedly. Enough is enough. Show some self respect and quickly get the numbers in into midfield.
He literally would transform our team :lol:

show some self respect and get a lesser quality player in? makes sense

Blood Mage

He literally would transform our team :lol:

show some self respect and get a lesser quality player in? makes sense
He'll improve our team but he won't transform it. Tchouameni would have been more of a transformative signing but I concede that we never had a shot at getting him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His professional pride alone should stop him from accepting a pay cut.

BaguetteBoy

You need to be an idiot to not realize that how much we pay for said player actually affects our budget and our ability to strengthen in other positions. And besides that overspending on players is one of the biggest problems we have which contributes to our failed post SAF culture and management. We have a 50m pounds midfielder in Fred who can’t pass and is worth jack shit, 50m DVB who we sent on loan and than you have advocates for a 50m deal for a CB who is pretty much unproven in the biggest leagues and on top of that he is a midget coming in the most physical league in the world. Yeah not rocket science Einstein.
We used to buy players that will fit the marketing side of the club rather than the manager style of play. Now that a manager wants a player that will fit his system and that he knows you among others are upset about the prize. Sorry the club is spending your hard earn money on that :annoyed:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Berbaclass and @DWelbz19 in the Frenkie de Jong thread:
The battle begins: Barça vs Frenkie de Jong
  • De Jong will return to training on Monday.
  • Frenkie & his agent, Ali Dursun, will inevitably meet Barcelona.
    • Anger over the following leaks:
      • Barcelona & United negotiating his transfer
      • De Jong's contract
    • They feel like there's a smear campaign against the player himself.
  • Ultimatum: either Frenkie reduces his salary, or he's sold
    • Barcelona cannot afford massive contracts like de Jong's.
    • Barcelona's negotiations with United are already advanced
  • Reminder: de Jong prefers to stay at Barcelona
    • They bought a new house, and Frenkie's wife is happy.
      • Note: Pogba's family was also happy in Manchester before Pogba became a free agent.
Key points translated (don't pay too much attention to the word choice):

Status
Not open for further replies.