Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demaw

This - everyone knew we were offloading Pereira and there weren't many takers so we can't really expect to get more than £10 million for him
Yes, we wait too long and then they are worth very little, as said, found out. I know this is a bit out there but maybe should consider Elanga, Garnacho, Branden, Hendo was the big one (blew it, now on wage only loan :nono: ) Dalot (earlier) etc.

Fox outside the box

So now we are signing players to unlock Maguire instead of Pogba.
Yeah that's what transfers generally aim to do. Having a clear system with players having roles within that system will mean that you'll always be looking at who, what and where can protect or resolve weaknesses in your team and you kind of hope they raise the overall level of team, which wouldn't just be one player and their individual stats.

Striker struggling with lack of chances? You buy a creative midfielder

Creative player not registering many assists? May be that you buy a striker with the skill set take advantage of their main method of creating.

This wasn't unique to Pogba and its not strange that Maguire may benefit from a certain system and playing with players that protect his weaknesses. Teams do this all the time. Getting the best out of your players is bread and butter stuff.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah that's what transfers generally aim to do. Having a clear system with players having roles within that system will mean that you'll always be looking at who, what and where can protect or resolve weaknesses in your team and you kind of hope they raise the overall level of team, which wouldn't just be one player and their individual stats.

Striker struggling with lack of chances? You buy a creative midfielder

Creative player not registering many assists? May be that you buy a striker with the skill set take advantage of their main method of creating.

This wasn't unique to Pogba and its not strange that Maguire may benefit from a certain system and playing with players that protect his weaknesses. Teams do this all the time. Getting the best out of your players is bread and butter stuff.
What about Maguire being completely useless during 1v1 defending?

Woodzy

They just want Barca to cough up that money owed I think. There’s no way we would put this much work into a transfer without an indication from the player that he will join.

lysglimt

Scout
I just dont think that FDJ and his agent are so naive - that they will go against the manager and the board, and stick to their guns which will create a huge problem for Barcelona (although they are in their right to do so) - and still expect to be picked by the manager

LARulz

I just dont think that FDJ and his agent are so naive - that they will go against the manager and the board, and stick to their guns which will create a huge problem for Barcelona (although they are in their right to do so) - and still expect to be picked by the manager
Xavi still picked Dembele despite all the drama

OT_United

If Ronaldo goes shouldn't we be looking at Depay or Aubameyang on loan? No way Barca can afford to keep all those attacking players.

Trex

Xavi still picked Dembele despite all the drama
We know Xavi doesn't fancy De Jong as much, plus in Dembele scenario he had to take the matter to the board to play him.
The fact is De Jong can't have his dream scenario so its best he knows which other reality he wants to settle for.

acrebo

I'm glad to see that Richard Arnold flying to Barcelona to give this a shove, despite saying he wouldn't get involved in transfers, has had the desired effect...

This has clearly become all about the money FdJ's owed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This really is a bizarre saga. We're so long into negotiation an the player has no intention to leave? Makes no sense.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
They just want Barca to cough up that money owed I think. There’s no way we would put this much work into a transfer without an indication from the player that he will join.
People keep saying that but why is that certain? Haven't we proved, countless of times, our incompetence in the last decade?

Isn't it more likely that we just hope Barca force him out so he doesn't have much choice? That's hardly an indication from a player that he'll join, it's just gambling on the circumstances. Reports so far indicate he doesn't want out and really prefers not to come here.

He may be ETH "dream" signing but we'd be looking like right mugs when he middle fingers us and Barca and just stays.

M4YON

I'm tired of saying this but there is NO WAY that we have negotiated for so long and even sent Murtough and Arnold to Barcelona if we hadn't received assurances that Frenkie will make the move. It is possible he's changed his mind and If that's the case we will walk away but if not this is just posturing to get him his rightly owed deferred wages.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This really is a bizarre saga. We're so long into negotiation an the player has no intention to leave? Makes no sense.
You'd have to think he's shown some indication he'd be willing to join, unless he's just using us, but I don't see what de Jong stands to gain from that. His time at Barca is very clearly over, the only one who doesn't seem to realise this is Frenkie.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You'd have to think he's shown some indication he'd be willing to join, unless he's just using us, but I don't see what de Jong stands to gain from that. His time at Barca is very clearly over, the only one who doesn't seem to realise this is Frenkie.
Hopefully it's all narrative building and a negotiation tactic but I can't quite understand why he's so obsessed with Barcelona. You'd think Barcelona are selling Iniesta by all this drama. I mean this time the "no intention to leave" has actually from a good source (Malacia Lyon aside).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why are tweets taken as gospel? Why do opinions sway to and fro off the back of whatever the latest tweet states?

Lynty

De Jong wants his money and I don't blame him. Call their bluff, he holds all the power - they need him off the books, they can't afford to continue on his current wage, he isn't going to drop his wage (I doubt he'll accept anymore deffered wages).

We'll probably pay Barca's debt in wages if they drop thier asking price. So just let Barca sweat now, even if it's until the final week of the window. Eriksen will give us something in midfield, Tielemans and Neves are lined up ready - so i'm quite chill about the saga.

Kostov

Feck them, go and buy a player who is willing to come to United running and raring to go. This guy fancies staying, we don't need that shit.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If this brief is literally true, United will know that and will walk away.

But this brief has been consistent all summer and we still seem to be willing to negotiate so either our people are stupid, or its bollocks.

Why are we always roped into these dramatic sagas :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think we would have ever pushed for De Jong if we weren't given the indication he would be willing to join

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Richard Arnold doesn’t leave his pub to fly to Barca because DeJong wants to stay. He’s there to get this wrapped up. This noise is just his agents exerting pressure so that he gets money owed. Don’t sweat your pants boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.