Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
No more options after Pereira. Obligation to buy only, unless they want to pay £10m+ loan fee.

Gurtej

10m loan fees (they cover wages 100% on top) + 25m option to buy....He is definitely worth 35m if he end up having a good season

justsomebloke

But we've also lost Mata, Lingard and Pogba who all play in the center of midfield. We can't rely on Fred, MCT, DVB and Bruno. Who are literally the only recognised central of the park players we have on the books right now. So let's say 3 of those are first team, that still only leaves 2 back ups. We need squad players. It's a free and relatively inexpensive signing that I have no issue with at all.
Mata and Lingard played in the forward line, not the midfield. So, normally, does Eriksen, in the no 10 position. Where as you point out we already have two players, one of whom is the best player on the team. In the central midfield pairing we currently have two players - Fred and McTominay. Both of them are most suited to the more forward-going role of the two, as is FdJ, whom we are trying to acquire. Eriksen, if moved to a deeper role, would make for a fourth. Meanwhile, we have zero for the more defensive role. We also have no credible starting RB, and four players to cover the two flanking positions + striker - unless we're going to keep Martial, but even then that's just five for three slots. In terms of team needs, this is the DvdB signing all over again.

C3Pique

Disagree 110%
  • None of those clubs have changed manager at the end of the window.
None of those clubs had disastrous seasons either, nor squads needing 'open heart surgery', nor massively underperformed against their expectations or wage bill. Yet they have already strengthened with well thought out acquisitions.

If the club was well run it would already have primary and secondary targets lined up, fees and wages agreed. Instead yet again we're scrabbling about, chasing ghosts, releasing press bites.

It has been clear for months that signings are needed and in what areas.

OleGunnar20

Not hysteria at all. Window after window we watch areas of the squad be neglected which every fan and pundit to boot acknowledges needs to be strengthened. We buy players for positions without a clear plan as to how to utilise them and youth players without a clear plan of how to develop them. We are a shit show.

On the flip side, other teams work year round to ensure that preseason is used appropriately to bed in new players while we push the deadlines trying to get deals.

Diaz and Jota and Minamino and Nunez were prep for Salah and Mane leaving; It ain’t rocket science. The Haaland deal was only simple because they did the ground work. We seem to treat every deal like peace talks...bluffing our arses of and being left with desperation signings...Fellani, Amad, VDB as a cheap alternative to Grealish possibly. We are just odd and anyone that sits there and supports this obvious ineptitude is barmy! It’s not hysteria...it’ssaying what we see...year after year...
Yeah, I agree. This isn't black and white: Hysterical/CucumberCool, but then I suppose nuance doesn't always translate to the Internet.

We've been an absolute shambles of a club for years, with transfers being the most egregiously fecked up (look at the fortune we've wasted on this lacklustre squad).

We've seen before how slowly we move while affordable, realistic targets move elsewhere left and right. Look at Bissouma now, Kulusevski & Bentancur in January, etc etc.

Now we've lost a good number of players on a free, with many left behind proven time and time again to be not good enough / perennially injured. This summer more than any we need to be fast, decisive, give our new incredibly details orientated manager a squad to work with early on in pre-season, not throw three players through on deadline day to plug the gaps.

So speaking for myself here, I'm not hysterical at all, but worried that this window could be following a well trodden path for our club.

Hopefully we get things going soon as of course there's a new administration in place pulling the strings, thank the lord. I'm very hopeful that Murtough et al will improve things in this regard eventually at least.

But I think it's fair to be concerned until we see some a real change in behaviour from the club.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
That option is stupid though isn’t it? If he has a good season, with the fact that he’s young and also Enlgish, he would be worth a heck of a lot more than £20m. This brain dead club, honestly.
Braindead? The club haven't accepted that offer yet you know....

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I remember when they were reporting that we were signing at least 6 players.... I guess they are Garner, Martial, Pereira, VDB, Eriksen and De Jong?

M4YON

If I just read the Record and A Bola reports, then I wouldn't even take it seriously. The O Jogo report, however, is real interesting. They state that Jorge Mendes actually met up with both Manchester United and Barcelona last week. However, even they don't state that Vitinha was necessarily discussed in that meeting.

Honestly, there's barely anything to go off of besides that one Jorge Mendes meeting. If this was planted in by someone from either Porto or Vitinha's camp, then why aren't the other Portuguese outlets reporting this (Jornal de Notícias, Correia da Manhã)?

Not paying the release clause, sounds like us :lol:

Dazzmondo

Ffs, Garner going on loan to Forest next season was one of the things I was most interested to follow. Now he can't because Henderson is being sent there without even an obligation to buy. If we are including an option to buy why not just sell him or at the least send him to Newcastle if nobody is willing to buy him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ffs, Garner going on loan to Forest next season was one of the things I was most interested to follow. Now he can't because Henderson is being sent there without even an obligation to buy. If we are including an option to buy why not just sell him or at the least send him to Newcastle if nobody is willing to buy him.
There will be other PL clubs interested in taking him on loan. I imagine the likes of Brighton, Southampton and Leicester will be in for him.

Nick7

Because Forest don’t want to buy him this summer. Clearly if Forest are going ahead with getting Henderson in they want him more than Garner. We can’t just “send” players to other clubs if they don’t want them.

ShinjiNinja26

ETH may want to keep Garner in the squad for next season. We’re currently lacking depth in that area with Matic and Pogba leaving and who knows if we’ll sign more than one midfielder yet, even though we need more.

Dazzmondo

Because Forest don’t want to buy him this summer. Clearly if Forest are going ahead with getting Henderson in they want him more than Garner. We can’t just “send” players to other clubs if they don’t want them.
There were plenty of reports of Newcastle wanting Henderson. Why not send him there since we wouldn't be loaning any of our players to Newcastle anyway? At first I thought maybe they were insisting on a buy option and we didn't want to sell but if we're prepared to include a buy option with Forest anyway it doesn't make any sense.

Nick7

There were plenty of reports of Newcastle wanting Henderson. Why not send him there since we wouldn't be loaning any of our players to Newcastle anyway? At first I thought maybe they were insisting on a buy option and we didn't want to sell but if we're prepared to include a buy option with Forest anyway it doesn't make any sense.
Newcastle squashed those rumours. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...on-dominic-calvert-lewin-nathan-ake-transfer/

They don't want him. Again, we can't just send players to other clubs if they don't want said player.

dinostar77

That option is stupid though isn’t it? If he has a good season, with the fact that he’s young and also Enlgish, he would be worth a heck of a lot more than £20m. This brain dead club, honestly.
Would be good move for him. He'd be kept in his toes and constantly involved as he was at Sheff Utd. That will just drive his price up if he decides not to stay at forest past this season.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
We have Chelsea to thank for this, they abused the loan system for years forcing the PL to take action.
This rule has been in place the whole time that Chelsea have had their loan army. It's not a new rule.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
None of those clubs had disastrous seasons either, nor squads needing 'open heart surgery', nor massively underperformed against their expectations or wage bill. Yet they have already strengthened with well thought out acquisitions.

If the club was well run it would already have primary and secondary targets lined up, fees and wages agreed. Instead yet again we're scrabbling about, chasing ghosts, releasing press bites.

It has been clear for months that signings are needed and in what areas.
Why on earth would you agree personal terms with a secondary target only to bin them off if your primary target agrees to join.

That’s the most disrespectful thing a club can do and would tarnish your name across the industry. No one would want to join for fear of being binned off at the last minute

M4YON

This rule has been in place the whole time that Chelsea have had their loan army. It's not a new rule.
Loan army, I like it.

I was going off the date from the link, Jan 1st 2022 mentions 21/22 season somewhere too, assumed it was a new rule.

Nick7

Loan army, I like it.

I was going off the date from the link, Jan 1st 2022 mentions 21/22 season somewhere too, assumed it was a new rule.
There were loan rules changed that impact Chelsea's loan army. Though those changes were fifa or uefa wide. Those rules I linked are just for Premier League teams. You could, before this upcoming season, loan in or out as many players as you'd like as long as the other club wasn't in England.

C3Pique

Why on earth would you agree personal terms with a secondary target only to bin them off if your primary target agrees to join.

That’s the most disrespectful thing a club can do and would tarnish your name across the industry. No one would want to join for fear of being binned off at the last minute
Bollocks. Clubs agree personal terms with players without buying them all the time, why the feck else would you bid for a player if you haven't already got an idea of what wages they expect ffs.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Bollocks. Clubs agree personal terms with players without buying them all the time, why the feck else would you bid for a player if you haven't already got an idea of what wages they expect ffs.
I'm sorry but that's bollocks too.

Superden

the professional football world is a massive nest of vipers. they would all happily shit on each other if the cheque is big enough, and they all know it, clubs, players and agents.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Not paying the release clause, sounds like us :lol:
According to one of the more reliable Portuguese newspapers, we've yet to make a bid for Vitinha despite being the furthest ahead in the race for his signature. They reiterate that the release clause needs to be triggered for Vitinha to leave Porto; there's also a chance that he'll sign a new contract.

Source: Jornal de Notícias (their e-newspaper is behind a paywall and can't be screen-captured)

Swedish_Plumber

We really need to be selling Henderson. We need the money to get the players in that we need. 120m plus sales is actually just 120m if you never fecking sell anyone.
Forest aren’t gonna be paying 20 mil plus his wages either. So he’ll be back here and us trying to sell him again this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.