Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Source:

More from the aggregator:
This was the same stuff said a while ago, by the same people. Nothing ever happened. No other journos picked it up, then papers in Spain ran with the de Jong definitely doesn't want Chelsea.

Its a joke same stuff, over and over

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This was the same stuff said a while ago, by the same people. Nothing ever happened. No other journos picked it up, then papers in Spain ran with the de Jong definitely doesn't want Chelsea.

Its a joke same stuff, over and over
The difference here is that there's actually a report of Chelsea making a move for de Jong rather than Barcelona bringing Chelsea into the race. We'll see if the English journalists say something about this because they can't keep quiet on this.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The difference here is that there's actually a report of Chelsea making a move for de Jong rather than Barcelona bringing Chelsea into the race. We'll see if the English journalists say something about this because they can't keep quiet on this.
Ummm we were told a couple of weeks ago that Chelsea were solidly interested and a bid was incoming "in the next hours" and de Jong preferred Chelsea. A few days later, nothing happened, de Jong absolutely didn't want Chelsea then.

It's a joke.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ummm we were told a couple of weeks ago that Chelsea were solidly interested and a bid was incoming "in the next hours" and de Jong preferred Chelsea. A few days later, nothing happened, de Jong absolutely didn't want Chelsea then.

It's a joke.
No one reliable was reporting on an incoming bid from Chelsea. Both Juanmartí and Steinberg reported that Chelsea were interested in de Jong but only monitoring his situation. Fernando Polo then reported that both de Jong and his camp were unaware of Chelsea's interest on their end. This is the first time there's a report on Chelsea preparing a formal offer, though to be fair, this is coming from Barcelona's end. I'm interested in seeing what Jacob Steinberg reports on this given that he's the only Chelsea journalist talking about de Jong.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
No one reliable was reporting on an incoming bid from Chelsea. Both Juanmartí and Steinberg reported that Chelsea were interested in de Jong but only monitoring his situation. Fernando Polo then reported that both de Jong and his camp were unaware of Chelsea's interest on their end. This is the first time there's a report on Chelsea preparing a formal offer, though to be fair, this is coming from Barcelona's end. I'm interested in seeing what Jacob Steinberg reports on this given that he's the only Chelsea journalist talking about de Jong.
Aah OK, I'm sure I read that in the coming hours a bid would be made. Maybe I'm mistaken

croadyman

Telling that UK sources don't seem to mention about his desire to stay at Barca

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Slow day today it seems.

Must mean tomorrow is a big day, right?..:nervous:

RC89

Why did we buy him & Amad, could understand it for squad depth IF we didn't have at least 5 holes in first XI but we do
It literally felt like we missed out on Sancho and the board panicked and splurged some cash to appease fans. Really odd especially when Amad cost near £20mil, both play in the same position and both same age and for the future.

Blood Mage

Why did we buy him & Amad, could understand it for squad depth IF we didn't have at least 5 holes in first XI but we do
The Glazers got anxiety about Covid impacting our revenues and didn't want to spend big money that summer. Bargain bin signings to make it look like they were doing something for the fans.

croadyman

The Glazers got anxiety about Covid impacting our revenues and didn't want to spend big money that summer. Bargain bin signings to make it look like they were doing something for the fans.
Yeah you are bang on the money

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It literally felt like we missed out on Sancho and the board panicked and splurged some cash to appease fans. Really odd especially when Amad cost near £20mil, both play in the same position and both same age and for the future.
Panicked propaganda basically.
Yeah you are bang on the money
Whinge whinge whinge

Lets say for arguments sake they went to city and then3 years down the line become regulars on the first team and are really good. You’d then cuss out the club for being inept at finding talent.

Amad/Pellistri have talent, it’s clear to see. But we need patience, but that seems to be non existent on the CAF.

RC89

Whinge whinge whinge

Lets say for arguments sake they went to city and then3 years down the line become regulars on the first team and are really good. You’d then cuss out the club for being inept at finding talent.

Amad/Pellistri have talent, it’s clear to see. But we need patience, but that seems to be non existent on the CAF.
Whinge? Where? It isn't odd that we spent £20m on an 18 year old RW and bought another 18 year old RW in the same window? I'm not against signing either in principle, but it's a bit strange to have bought them both at the same time.

the_cliff

Whinge whinge whinge

If City had holes in their first 11 they wouldn't be spending money on 2 18 year olds with potential that may make it in 3 years. Top teams don't buy young kids without much experience at a high level unless they have no real need to fill many holes in their squads. Obviously players that are that age and are already at a high level are different (Camavinga, Bellingham) etc... But we basically signed 2 no name 18 year olds when we had no cf. no midfield, problems at cb, rb and you wonder why people are whinging, it's terrible squad planning !

Time will tell if they are bad signings, I think people were more annoyed at the fact that we had obvious problems in our first 11 and squad in general to be luxury signing high potential 18 year olds.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Cypriot in the Frenkie de Jong thread:
  • Barça have NOT yet ruled out selling Frenkie De Jong. The club is confident that Frenkie de Jong will change his mind...Although, for the moment, he remains stubborn and maintains that he wants to stay.
  • Bernardo Silva: the great desire. They are not throwing in the towel. Now counted
Translation:

croadyman

If City had holes in their first 11 they wouldn't be spending money on 2 18 year olds with potential that may make it in 3 years. Top teams don't buy young kids without much experience at a high level unless they have no real need to fill many holes in their squads. Obviously players that are that age and are already at a high level are different (Camavinga, Bellingham) etc... But we basically signed 2 no name 18 year olds when we had no cf. no midfield, problems at cb, rb and you wonder why people are whinging, it's terrible squad planning !

Time will tell if they are bad signings, I think people were more annoyed at the fact that we had obvious problems in our first 11 and squad in general to be luxury signing high potential 18 year olds.
Nailed it perfectly with that last paragraph

hobbers

Whinge whinge whinge

They dont have enough talent. Like most players who pass through the club at that age, whether signed as prospects or from the academy.

The only difference is we paid about 4x more for Amad than any sane club would have. Which was for propaganda reasons after failing to sign Sancho despite 3 months of wrangling.

In terms of how much of a punt their signings were, Amad and Pellistri are no different at all from the signings of Tosic, Bebe, Obertan, Enrique etc. In fact Amad is a bigger punt than most of them with the sum total of 4 substitute appearances at senior level.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Whinge? Where? It isn't odd that we spent £20m on an 18 year old RW and bought another 18 year old RW in the same window? I'm not against signing either in principle, but it's a bit strange to have bought them both at the same time.
Not really to be honest. They were never bought to come directly into the first team. It likely didn't even effect our budget, because we still went and bought Sancho the next year.

They're players for the future and it's up to them to make the step up to play for our first team regularly. We didn't have anyone in the youth ranks with similar profiles, so it actually was a glaring hole in our depth throughout the club on the RW.

ti vu

Not really to be honest. They were never bought to come directly into the first team. It likely didn't even effect our budget, because we still went and bought Sancho the next year.

They're players for the future and it's up to them to make the step up to play for our first team regularly. We didn't have anyone in the youth ranks with similar profiles, so it actually was a glaring hole in our depth throughout the club on the RW.
Greenwood and the continued pursuit of Sancho would mean that RW would be locked down.

RC89

Two 18 year olds when we knew we had Greenwood in that position who's also similar age? Still sounds a bit strange to me.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Two 18 year olds when we knew we had Greenwood in that position who's also similar age? Still sounds a bit strange to me.
Greenwood was miles ahead in development to them though, he was an established premier League player. You can see the effect Greenwood's sudden removal from the team had on our right side.

M4YON

This story has gained a lot of interest, so I thought I'd set the
record straight with my current
understanding of what is a slightly complex situation.

Chelsea have been interested in Frenkie de Jong for weeks, but they know that Man United have an agreement with Barcelona, and also that Frenkie as of today has
no plans to leave Spain.

So far, De Jong remains on the
same idea - so Chelsea will not
submit offers until they know that Frenkie has different ideas.

In any case, the club's priority now is to continue to strengthen in defence, at least one new centre- back, with Presnel Kimpembe and Jules Kounde on the agenda.

As well as that, N'Golo Kante will soon have talks with the club board to discuss his contract. He has been waiting since May 2021, after winning the Champions League, to receive a proposal for an extension.

Bernardo Silva is a priority target for Barcelona but it hinges on Frenkie de Jong's future - a deal is only possible if the former Ajax man leaves.

To date, it is not even a
negotiation with Man City, just a Barca idea linked to Frenkie's
future. And it won't be easy
because Pep Guardiola would like to keep Bernardo in Manchester.

Personally, I rate the Portuguese playmaker very highly and would be surprised if City made it easy for him to leave. At the same time, I'm sure Pep won't want to keep an unhappy player. It's a slightly unpredictable situation, and as I said, it hinges a lot on De Jong, so we'll see what happens.

Despite what ypu may have read Manchester United have not have not submitted any proposals for Ivan Toney so far.
Newcastle have had contacts in recent weeks but there is still no advanced negotiation. Brentford want at least £40-45m to sell Toney and the situation may evolve in the coming weeks.

More on Chelsea and Barcelona now as we look set for an intriguing battle between these two clubs for one of the best defenders in Europe - Jules Kounde.

The battle looks like Raphinha's, because both clubs are in the race.

Barcelona had many contacts with the player but have not yet
submitted an official offer to
Sevilla, while Chelsea are
preparing a new proposal and
remain confident: Sevilla want €65 million.

Unlike Raphinha, who only
wanted to join Barca, Kounde is in negotiations with both clubs and not just one.

I believe that he is an underrated player: Kounde is a top centre- back and deserves a club like Barca or Chelsea, there are not many centre-backs on the market that are fast and strong defensively like he is. I'm convinced he'd be an asset for these clubs.

So far, I have no confirmation on a West Ham proposal for Luis Suarez but with free agents things can change in a few hours.

For now, the club is busy with the Armando Broja deal, but are
waiting for a response from
Chelsea. They also haven't ruled out a move for Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca.
Suarez still has many proposals from South America, including Nacional, but he continues to give priority to Europe. He left Atletico Madrid on a free this summer, but I think he still has something to offer at this level.

cyberman

This story has gained a lot of interest, so I thought I'd set the
record straight with my current
understanding of what is a slightly complex situation.

Chelsea have been interested in Frenkie de Jong for weeks, but they know that Man United have an agreement with Barcelona, and also that Frenkie as of today has
no plans to leave Spain.

So far, De Jong remains on the
same idea - so Chelsea will not
submit offers until they know that Frenkie has different ideas.

In any case, the club's priority now is to continue to strengthen in defence, at least one new centre- back, with Presnel Kimpembe and Jules Kounde on the agenda.

As well as that, N'Golo Kante will soon have talks with the club board to discuss his contract. He has been waiting since May 2021, after winning the Champions League, to receive a proposal for an extension.

Bernardo Silva is a priority target for Barcelona but it hinges on Frenkie de Jong's future - a deal is only possible if the former Ajax man leaves.

To date, it is not even a
negotiation with Man City, just a Barca idea linked to Frenkie's
future. And it won't be easy
because Pep Guardiola would like to keep Bernardo in Manchester.

Personally, I rate the Portuguese playmaker very highly and would be surprised if City made it easy for him to leave. At the same time, I'm sure Pep won't want to keep an unhappy player. It's a slightly unpredictable situation, and as I said, it hinges a lot on De Jong, so we'll see what happens.

Despite what ypu may have read Manchester United have not have not submitted any proposals for Ivan Toney so far.
Newcastle have had contacts in recent weeks but there is still no advanced negotiation. Brentford want at least £40-45m to sell Toney and the situation may evolve in the coming weeks.

More on Chelsea and Barcelona now as we look set for an intriguing battle between these two clubs for one of the best defenders in Europe - Jules Kounde.

The battle looks like Raphinha's, because both clubs are in the race.

Barcelona had many contacts with the player but have not yet
submitted an official offer to
Sevilla, while Chelsea are
preparing a new proposal and
remain confident: Sevilla want €65 million.

Unlike Raphinha, who only
wanted to join Barca, Kounde is in negotiations with both clubs and not just one.

I believe that he is an underrated player: Kounde is a top centre- back and deserves a club like Barca or Chelsea, there are not many centre-backs on the market that are fast and strong defensively like he is. I'm convinced he'd be an asset for these clubs.

So far, I have no confirmation on a West Ham proposal for Luis Suarez but with free agents things can change in a few hours.

For now, the club is busy with the Armando Broja deal, but are
waiting for a response from
Chelsea. They also haven't ruled out a move for Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca.
Suarez still has many proposals from South America, including Nacional, but he continues to give priority to Europe. He left Atletico Madrid on a free this summer, but I think he still has something to offer at this level.
Nonsense. Why would Chelsea wait until he decides to join us to make a move? That’s literally all the options on the table for him. There’s no reason to give us such a head start

M4YON

Nonsense. Why would Chelsea wait until he decides to join us to make a move? That’s literally all the options on the table for him. There’s no reason to give us such a head start
I think what he's saying is until Frenkie or his agent says they are open to leaving Barcelona Chelsea aren't getting involved.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It is in the article linked in the tweet that the Chelsea interest that was reported yesterday is based on the report several weeks ago that Chelsea inquired about FDJ. It is just rehashing old tid bits that were represented as more than what they were weeks ago.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
They can offer CL football and probably match wages.

Matt851

Reports recently have suggested Tielemans prefers Arsenal.
Meh not exactly hard to imagine us being able to convince him to join us given arsenal aren't in the cl either and we would likely offer a higher wage

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Meh not exactly hard to imagine us being able to convince him to join us given arsenal aren't in the cl either and we would likely offer a higher wage
I think we'll get him as soon as we manage to shift Torreira/AMN/Leno and Bellerin to free up some cash. Unless something weird happens with DeJong there is no rush to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.