Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why? He wasn’t going to play for us this season and wouldn’t get a regular start in any Premier League team. This seems like a good option to me.
Whats disappointing about a young lad going on loan?
He's a gem. I had huge hopes that he'd come on leaps and bounds training under ETH. I think those links really speak for themselves. Bruce and Wilder who manage the better teams of those four aren't playing anything close to the football we wish to establish under ETH. Eustace is more of an unknown quantity. And Millwall.

At worst I would be hoping he'd get a Prem loan or a decent European club. This is a player we bought for 10m and then wasted him in the U23s for too long and we've yet to define a position for him.

Have we not got a loan manager?

ThanksBoss26

He's a gem. I had huge hopes that he'd come on leaps and bounds training under ETH. I think those links really speak for themselves. Bruce and Wilder who manage the better teams of those four aren't playing anything close to the football we wish to establish under ETH. Eustace is more of an unknown quantity. And Millwall.

At worst I would be hoping he'd get a Prem loan or a decent European club. This is a player we bought for 10m and then wasted him in the U23s for too long and we've yet to define a position for him.

Have we not got a loan manager?
European clubs are interested too it seems. Braga plus two Spanish clubs

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Full quotes:
We've tracked Alvaro Fernadnez for some time and he was here with his family today watching us play - hopefully we've been good enough and he's been impressed enough for him to say yeah, he's like to join us. Until that we can't say much about it, he wanted to come and see it, hopefully we can have some news over the next few days.

When you come to the stadium, I was speaking to him on the pitch, and you show him the facilities - who wouldn't want to play here? We've got to make sure it's right for him and us and if it's right then we'll do it.

He wanted to come and see us and how we play and how we go about our business. Hopefully we can get something sorted. I'm not sure about other interest, it's just about what we do. Ultimately it's a case of hopefully he like (sp) us and we like him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
European clubs are interested too it seems. Braga plus two Spanish clubs
That's a fecking relief. See on the club website that Les Parry is tasked with handling our loans. Been doing that since 2019. Hope he has a good brain on him.

roseguy64

That's a fecking relief. See on the club website that Les Parry is tasked with handling our loans. Been doing that since 2019. Hope he has a good brain on him.
The loan manager doesn't necessary solely decide where loan players go. He most likely is just the liaison officer. Would be the manager along with the football director and youth team managers who would decide.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The loan manager doesn't necessary solely decide where loan players go. He most likely is just the liaison officer. Would be the manager along with the football director and youth team managers who would decide.
I thought he would be tasked with sorting out which clubs are pertinent in terms of playing style and position, likely game time, the general character of the loan club's team and their manager. In short, everything. It hardly merits "loan manager" if you are just a liaison officer.

That being said, seems Alvaro Fernandez is doing his own due diligence by scoping out Preston.

Matt851

Griezeman Ronaldo swap could work although it would be swapping one egotistical bell end for another

Uniquim

Read a longer article about Parry and a few other loan managers a while back, he seems to be perfect for the role. Basically he spent a more and more of his time following up on players that were on loan, since 2016-17 or possibly earlier (he joined the club in 2013). He's also recorded a christmas single.

Some interesting tidbits about the loan process: (article is from 2019)
Parry said: “If somebody is interested in a player, we encourage the player to go and watch the team in question. When Rochdale wanted Ethan Hamilton last season, we asked him to watch some of the games. Then we do prep work on things like cooking for themselves.”

Which seems to be what's happening with Fernández watching Preston. The cooking stuff is part of a bunch of skills they need to learn that they might need to know beforehand when moving to a smaller club, including media training. Also mentioned how psychologists are heavily involved with loan moves.

"At United, they have intensified the preparation work that now goes into loan moves. With every good intention, loan moves go wrong,” Parry says. “It is a guesstimate when you match up. We do a lot of preparation. Our psychologists are heavily involved. We have a lad in Norway (Aidan Barlow, on loan at Tromso) and that’s a massive change for him. But before a decision was made, we sat down with the psychologist to assess how he will cope."

Also, found this part interesting:
"Both Manchester United and Wolves now only approve deals where the loan club allow the parent club to regularly observe training sessions and to frequently call their head coach."

and this, regarding Parry following up on the players that move out on loan:
Parry says: “We sit down with their coaches before they go and pick three performance-based objectives. For George Tanner, on loan at Morecambe, it might be quality in the last third, improving his one v ones and improving his heading from long clearances. Our analyst will pull out those objectives from George’s games and we put that together as a package. They can then measure their progress against those particular objectives.

sparx99

I'd be surprised if he's off before we known whether FDJ is actually coming. If it happens I guess ETH does not rate him.
He’s 18 with Eriksen, Van De Beek and Bruno ahead of him. It’s not about not being rated. It’s about him needing games to develop him.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He is indeed, very close.

Maybe Mendes can tell Castles how Atletico are going to transfer a player that’s on loan to them
He's on loan but they have an obligation to buy him for €40m within the next year - Castles does include that in the article.

Trex

Source:

Apparently, Griezmann's been offered to PSG already. However, they aren't interested.
Would be just as difficult for Athletico Madrid to find a buyer for Griezmann as it has been for Mendes to find a buyer for Ronaldo.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
In all seriousness, I would like to see Mejbri at wall, but I can't seeing to being a good fit. Rowett is a good manager mind, maybe he could make it work.

the_cliff

If our hopes of Ronaldo leaving rest on Atletico finding a buyer for Griezmann then we're fecked.

roseguy64

I thought he would be tasked with sorting out which clubs are pertinent in terms of playing style and position, likely game time, the general character of the loan club's team and their manager. In short, everything. It hardly merits "loan manager" if you are just a liaison officer.

That being said, seems Alvaro Fernandez is doing his own due diligence by scoping out Preston.
He definitely could have some part in that. I don't work for the club to confirm that. But his role during the season would be to check in on the players.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Read a longer article about Parry and a few other loan managers a while back, he seems to be perfect for the role. Basically he spent a more and more of his time following up on players that were on loan, since 2016-17 or possibly earlier (he joined the club in 2013). He's also recorded a christmas single.

Some interesting tidbits about the loan process: (article is from 2019)
Parry said: “If somebody is interested in a player, we encourage the player to go and watch the team in question. When Rochdale wanted Ethan Hamilton last season, we asked him to watch some of the games. Then we do prep work on things like cooking for themselves.”

Which seems to be what's happening with Fernández watching Preston. The cooking stuff is part of a bunch of skills they need to learn that they might need to know beforehand when moving to a smaller club, including media training. Also mentioned how psychologists are heavily involved with loan moves.

"At United, they have intensified the preparation work that now goes into loan moves. With every good intention, loan moves go wrong,” Parry says. “It is a guesstimate when you match up. We do a lot of preparation. Our psychologists are heavily involved. We have a lad in Norway (Aidan Barlow, on loan at Tromso) and that’s a massive change for him. But before a decision was made, we sat down with the psychologist to assess how he will cope."

Also, found this part interesting:
"Both Manchester United and Wolves now only approve deals where the loan club allow the parent club to regularly observe training sessions and to frequently call their head coach."

and this, regarding Parry following up on the players that move out on loan:
Parry says: “We sit down with their coaches before they go and pick three performance-based objectives. For George Tanner, on loan at Morecambe, it might be quality in the last third, improving his one v ones and improving his heading from long clearances. Our analyst will pull out those objectives from George’s games and we put that together as a package. They can then measure their progress against those particular objectives.
Thanks for posting - very informative. And pretty strange that a club would need to negotiate having access to the player and the loaning club manager (not least when they're lower league and not a direct rival in any form). Seems very positive that they support them with psychologists to assess things more holistically and also get the players to do their own due diligence. Last season there were quite a few that didn't seem that well thought out though, and sure, you can say it is all guess work, but still, it is so precarious the development of players, especially foreign talent. I think Pellistri's loan to Alaves last season, Amad's loan to Rangers, and Laird going to Bournemouth midseason when he was a stellar performer at Swansea already, were all pretty poor outcomes.

Especially now that we have a proper trainer at the helm, you'd at least hope they don't go to some anti-football establishment just so they play matches. With Hannibal he's been wasted at U23s. But in terms of his development, you could say playing Championship football for a non-progressive side is better than playing U23s at United, granted. But those shouldn't be the only options.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Rolaholic in the Frenkie de Jong thread:
DEPARTURES as I reported 4 days ago on El Partidazo de COPE & Tiempo de Juego
  • Frenkie de Jong: Barça is confident that he will eventually leave (Chelsea also wants him). The obsession is Bernardo Silva. They are not throwing in the towel.
  • Memphis was told he has NO place but he wants the release letter....
The key parts:

The 3rd Tweet isn't exactly what Helena Condis reported, but it's close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.