Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
We gave them £55m for Martinez and if Antony moves likely another £60m - this idea they’re doing us some massive favour by “letting” us buy their players for huge amounts of money is bonkers.
For a big club - it's possible to replace quality players like Antony and Martinez - for a club like Ajax its very difficult. And if we go to Ajax and they agree to sell us Antony - fine. But when they have stated they cant afford to let more players go - the only way we can sign him is if he forces the exit - like Martinez more or less did. If that happens with 2 of their players to the same club in the same transfer window - chances are Ajax will REALLY play hardball the next time we want one of their players. Most managers often promise their old club not to immediately cherry-pick players from that club when they leave to a new club - if ETH does the opposite, it will backfire down the line

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
For a big club - it's possible to replace quality players like Antony and Martinez - for a club like Ajax its very difficult. And if we go to Ajax and they agree to sell us Antony - fine. But when they have stated they cant afford to let more players go - the only way we can sign him is if he forces the exit - like Martinez more or less did. If that happens with 2 of their players to the same club in the same transfer window - chances are Ajax will REALLY play hardball the next time we want one of their players. Most managers often promise their old club not to immediately cherry-pick players from that club when they leave to a new club - if ETH does the opposite, it will backfire down the line
It could, but I am not sure it works like that in this case.

The way I understand this case, Ajax have even named a price for Antony. A price they have stuck to since april. If we pay the price, they will probably be confident they have made a good deal.

Man Utd trying to turn the players head, then offering a low offer would be very different.

Reactions: lysglimt

Uniquim

He'll already now be on a lower salary at United due to clauses at the club when they failed to qualify for Champions League.
If it's lower than the current pay here, then we should tell him to take the wage cut he's willing to take at other clubs if he ends up staying after this shitshow.

Blood Mage

Bailly shouldn't be leaving before Lindelof or Tuanzebe. Jones fair enough as nobody would pay money for him so we're stuck with him.

allesreiniger

Supports
ajax
It could, but I am not sure it works like that in this case.

The way I understand this case, Ajax have even named a price for Antony. A price they have stuck to since april. If we pay the price, they will probably be confident they have made a good deal.

Man Utd trying to turn the players head, then offering a low offer would be very different.
That was before Gravenberg, Martinez and I guesss also Haller left. You don’t want change the whole squad of starting players would you?!

ti vu

He needs to go but I’d rather him than Lindelof as our 3rd/4th/5th choice CB.
Perhaps, it's his wish to push for the move and get more gametime than being 4th/5th choice?

Expect a better fee though. If he's this cheap, we may have got nothing for the like of Tuanzebe (also injury prone, and even less established at top level).

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Alvaro at Preston would be nice. Midtable finish last year, hopefully they are looking to push in to the playoffs this season.

I'd be up for selling any of our centre backs, Lindelof will obviously be 4th choice so Jones, Tuanzabe and Bailly are all obviously expendable. After getting a decent fee for Pereira maybe we can boost the kitty a bit more by offloading Bailly and Telles as a minimum.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
All this Millwall hate seems misplaced and if you disagree, I'll fight you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.