Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Is that actually Salzburg’s English account? The fact it isn’t verified means it could easily be a troll.

TsuWave

Dusty clubs spend way too much time on Twitter trying to get viral tweets off these days. Bozos

Chairman Steve

Just let little 15 year old Heinrich have his moment of glory after getting his zinger in there. I’m sure his dad who controls the account, will give him a slap on the wrist and learn to lock screen when he leaves his laptop unattended. It’s a bitch to keep the kids in check on school holidays :p

Smores

Any club we go to for an alternative will surely up the price at this point. We'll have put ourselves in a situation of desperation and they'll need to get a late signing themselves.

Erik the Red

Salzburg want 1bn + Bruno + Fred the Red for Sesko. I think Murtough should counter-offer 2bn + Phil Jones + AWB + McTominay + Ronaldo. I guess its lucky we got rid of Pogba and Lingard for free otherwise that would have cost us another 1bn to break their contracts.

Matt851

Any club we go to for an alternative will surely up the price at this point. We'll have put ourselves in a situation of desperation and they'll need to get a late signing themselves.
It is all feeling like we might end up with the midfield version of ighalo on loam on deadline day

Superden

I've come to this conclusion as well. Pessimism is actually super easy, much easier than optimism which can involve you 'losing' or your feelings being hurt etc.

People also love to complain and love to be agreed with, so it's easy to that echo chamber when you just whinge about things. We do it with all sorts, weather, work, football.

It's also a hallmark of ignorance. How many people who have zero skill jobs and zero experience in the subject matter will sit at their minimum wage job and claim they can do the PMs job better, the CEO of Manchester United's job better etc. The lack of self awareness is hilarious and a bit concerning.
The next pm is set to be liz truss. Case closed.

MUFC OK

Nothing of note for nearly 2 weeks now. Considering what we needed this summer. Adding one guaranteed starter is frankly pathetic.

Can't wait for the window to shut.

Phil

Nothing of note for nearly 2 weeks now. Considering what we needed this summer. Adding one guaranteed starter is frankly pathetic.

Yup. A lot of positivity all round which is fair, but this is an uncomfortable truth.

MUFC OK

Yup. A lot of positivity all round which is fair, but this is an uncomfortable truth.
The positivity and decent preseason has only enabled the Glazers, they always do the bare minimum to prevent fans going into uproar.

AndySmith1990

The positivity and decent preseason has only enabled the Glazers, they always do the bare minimum to prevent fans going into uproar.
How's it their fault? If FDJ wanted to join us and if Ajax were willing to sell Antony for a reasonable fee we'd have spent more than £150m by now

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Agreed, it's been an appalling window so far. Going into the window I'd have said our priorities should have been 2 CMs, a forward and a RB. We've managed to get none of that. What we've actually signed is an AM, CB and LB. Our transfer strategy is worryingly still all over the show to be honest.

Dazzmondo

For all the positivity, who genuinely thinks we're going to finish in the top 4 this season? A lot of the PL predictions vids from various youtubers have started to drop and there will be more in the next week and something that is very striking is that literally all of them have Utd 6th or lower, and it's the same pretty much all over Twitter and other social media platforms. Can't say I disagree with them either. Maybe 5th, ahead of Arsenal at a push. Considering most of us agree we have a better manager than we had last season, should we not be expecting to finish higher than we did in our worst PL season ever?

MUFC OK

How's it their fault? If FDJ wanted to join us and if Ajax were willing to sell Antony for a reasonable fee we'd have spent more than £150m by now
Wow. A striker, a right winger, a RB, a second CM for depth. All are other positions we could have been working on.

I expect we will ‘chase’ the FDJ deal until the last day, 90% certain we won’t get him though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.