Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

It's an endless well of self-perpetuating 'news'.

Just a goldmine. It's brilliant, really. Not so much for the consumer (fan) hanging on every tidbit of 'information' passed on.

You can even chain your nonsense and make news off of nothing and then ride that crest of a wave before moving onto the next thing, :lol:.
Perfect description about the media!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It must be boring to moan at everything United does, isn't it?
Certainly boring to read.
I have a theory that it's a psychological defence mechanism where the person tries to create a kind of win/ win situation.

If they are wrong then they get the payout of United being successful (which is what they want) However, if they're right then they can at least feel clever that they saw it coming a mile off and they told you so.

What led me to this theory? I used to be like it myself and I realised that's what was behind it for me.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I have a theory that it's a psychological defence mechanism where the person tries to create a kind of win/ win situation.

If they are wrong then they get the payout of United being successful (which is what they want) However, if they're right then they can at least feel clever that they saw it coming a mile off and they told you so.

What led me to this theory? I used to be like it myself and I realised that's what was behind it for me.
If you want to go in psychology; society in general doesn't accept minority with different views. For example, most of people are extroverts. So introverts (people who tend to be surrounded with only couple of persons or even alone) are viewed as "wierd ones". "Why dont't you want to go out and have fun with people? You are so weird"

Same is with this. If you are realist and saying stuff how they are, you are a pessimist, moaner etc...
But if you are saying what people want to hear then you are an optimist, positive and a nice guy. If for something to happen you have 10% chance and you are saying it will happen then you are "awesome and positive". Someone who always look at bright side of life. And for those people every situation is win-win, not the opposite like you were saying.

Daengophile

If you want to go in psychology; society in general doesn't accept minority with different views. For example, most of people are extroverts. So introverts (people who tend to be surrounded with only couple of persons or even alone) are viewed as "wierd ones". "Why dont't you want to go out and have fun with people? You are so weird"

Same is with this. If you are realist and saying stuff how they are, you are a pessimist, moaner etc...
But if you are saying what people want to hear then you are an optimist, positive and a nice guy. If for something to happen you have 10% chance and you are saying it will happen then you are "awesome and positive". Someone who always look at bright side of life. And for those people every situation is win-win, not the opposite like you were saying.
Good Lord!

Have I wandered into the wrong site?

James35

This.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

This is nonsense. You could literally flip it and would read the same. You're proving your own theory to yourself.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

Yes optimism and pessimism are both psychological coping systems. One of them though is more related to better mental health outcomes... I wonder if you can guess which one it is?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes optimism and pessimism are both psychological coping systems. One of them though is more related to better mental health outcomes... I wonder if you can guess which one it is?
100% is better to be optimist, no question about it.

Dazzmondo

Starting to think our only other signing will be Sesko with Ronaldo, Bailly, Telles, AWB, Williams sold and Amad, Pellistri, Zidane and Savage out on loan.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Just checked that thread and there's no news that we're trying to sign him. Just a load of people saying we should sign him

Also first page of that whole thread

Dont know the reliability of the journo
Translates as : Benjamin sesko agent met with man united sporting Director john murtough it probably doesnt mean anything but still information

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I watched Sesko few times. I don't know why all the fuss about him. People say new Haaland but he looked to me as new Sorloth

Baneofthegame

Saying what people want to hear doesn’t make you an optimist.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2 notifications of transfer tweets, both utter bollocks

Superden

if i was at utd, id remember these tweets..then pay off some agents to unsettle some of the star names. feckers.

Fox outside the box

I've come to this conclusion as well. Pessimism is actually super easy, much easier than optimism which can involve you 'losing' or your feelings being hurt etc.

People also love to complain and love to be agreed with, so it's easy to that echo chamber when you just whinge about things. We do it with all sorts, weather, work, football.

It's also a hallmark of ignorance. How many people who have zero skill jobs and zero experience in the subject matter will sit at their minimum wage job and claim they can do the PMs job better, the CEO of Manchester United's job better etc. The lack of self awareness is hilarious and a bit concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.