Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramer

Not sure if these reports of Jorge Mendes’ offer have any truth to them.

Because it sounds absolutely absurd.

If he can find a buyer, United should probably accept. If not and he’s kicking up a fuss, Ten Hag should make him train with the U-18 squad.

captaincantona

I guess what they’re saying is Ronaldo will play in the CL this year and should United qualify for the CL next year, then he will play for United next year too.

I don’t know what to make of this deal though. But full marks for coming up with innovative offer.
Ronaldo has and will only ever do what is right for him…we were stupid enough the first time to give him a bag of cash…anyone who thinks Ronaldo leading us out in the champions league in another years time is a lunatic. There is a reason no top side wants him.

skc_18

There is a reason no top side wants him.
Agree with most except for above. Clubs are hesitant only because of his salary. Most clubs don’t want to spend 25 million on salary of a player. They would rather use that as investment to buy another player. If Ronaldo cuts the salary , there will be plenty of clubs showing interest.

AndySmith1990

Agree with most except for above. Clubs are hesitant only because of his salary. Most clubs don’t want to spend 25 million on salary of a player. They would rather use that as investment to buy another player. If Ronaldo cuts the salary , there will be plenty of clubs showing interest.
It's been reported he's willing to take a significant pay cut to join another club, but there still aren't any bites.

ForeverRed1

We are not paying him the money he is going to be at Barcelona in the next 4 years. Why would he leave? Either he get payed his money by Barcelona or he wont leave. We wont be paying him 88m euros in 4 years.
what possessed them to him that contract. Insanity and totally unsustainable.

Woziak

In return? Jesus, where is our gain in this?
If he falls massively in form, the club are committed to £25m per year in wages for a 39 year old after he abandoned us during this most difficult season. We should simply tell him to stay until Xmas 2022 then he can go on loan to CL team after the world cup or leave on a permanent deal.

Giggsyking

what possessed them to him that contract. Insanity and totally unsustainable.
He had a high wage from the begining. But to add to the problem they differed 2 years wages to the last 4 years. So he is going to get payed much more under the next 4 years compared to his original yearly wages. I cant see him accepting to let go that ammount of money and he will be another Gareth Bale problem where they want to shift him but nobody wants to pay these wages.

Woziak

Not just salary he represents a short term fix and can be detrimental to players coming through. Juventus bought him at 32 when he was still at his peak of his powers to win the CL. It didn’t happen CR7 just fell out with the coaches for 4 years, yes he’s still going to score 20/30 goals per season but at what cost. I say we let him go on loan for 1 year but the loan team pays his wages and a loan fee of £5m, we then extend his contract on the understanding, we sell him next year for £25M to the Saudi Club who have expressed an interest.
That way we win and he thinks he wins but we also make him be available for the first 3 or 4 games in PL before the window closes from the bench.

Woziak

Not sure if these reports of Jorge Mendes’ offer have any truth to them.

Because it sounds absolutely absurd.

If he can find a buyer, United should probably accept. If not and he’s kicking up a fuss, Ten Hag should make him train with the U-18 squad.
I like this but I like my idea more, we extend on the understanding that he will be sold in 23/24 to the Saudi side for £25m and he can go on loan to CL team this season providing they pay a £5m loan fee and all of his wages. A short term fix to a short term problem. And we gain £30M towards ETH rebuild.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Considering we need bodies in Midfield, i don't think it'll be the "odd apperance"
We have enough bodies for the more advanced roles.
Savage plays deeper and we're obviously short there, so I'm a bit confused as to why they're lumped in together. Maybe ETH wants to try Iqbal there?

Loony BoB

On the Ross Harwood dude whose tweets have been doing the rounds, he only started tweeting on 31st Jan according to his twitter and he has no obvious articles anywhere. When looking up the oldest replies to his tweets, I get a couple of people talking about how he's just deleting his older tweets and renaming his account and apparently has done so more than once.

Previous names apparently include ITK PL guy and some Simon name.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
On the Ross Harwood dude whose tweets have been doing the rounds, he only started tweeting on 31st Jan according to his twitter and he has no obvious articles anywhere. When looking up the oldest replies to his tweets, I get a couple of people talking about how he's just deleting his older tweets and renaming his account and apparently has done so more than once.

how is this a legit tweet for this thread?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

they also shouldnt be on this thread

Loony BoB

Oh, the link was just to show credentials for what I was saying about Ross Harwood as his tweets have been put into this thread. People were asking who he was, so I thought I'd help out with a bit of research. Apologies for any confusion or if that's against the rules.

EDIT: Removed the tweet. Again, apologies. Also it seems I may have been confused about which thread the tweets were in. Seems they were in the de Jong and Ronaldo threads. My bad. Feel free to delete this and any posts replying ot it on this thread if you can, mods (I don't see a delete option for my own posts).

Last edited:

Loony BoB

Nothing ground-breaking, just a lot of MUFC talk, his tweets were just thrown around other threads and people were asking who he was. I just had multiple threads open and replied in here instead of the other ones out of my own error.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ah yes, that guy that all the Arsenal fans were raving about but now he's joined United, they're suddenly questioning his height attributes. Yes, that guy that those deluded Arsenal fans believe only came to United because of ten Hag and who otherwise would have chosen them.

Loony BoB

Honestly I think 99% of them don't repeat what agents tell them so much as repeat whatever news other journalists are running because they don't want to be left out of all the clickbait value.

EDIT: Fortitude beat me to it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Honestly I think 99% of them don't repeat what agents tell them so much as repeat whatever news other journalists are running because they don't want to be left out of all the clickbait value.

EDIT: Fortitude beat me to it.
It's an endless well of self-perpetuating 'news'.

Just a goldmine. It's brilliant, really. Not so much for the consumer (fan) hanging on every tidbit of 'information' passed on.

You can even chain your nonsense and make news off of nothing and then ride that crest of a wave before moving onto the next thing, :lol:.

Lastwolf

I'm almost certain the whole Altletico play is Mendes trying to trick Real into picking him up, a la "we can't let our club legend go them!" the same trick worked on us, just a year ago. Just Real don't look to be falling for it at all.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: De Telegraaf (Marcel van der Kraan)

We now have a Dutch journalist reporting the same thing as the reliable English ones on de Jong's situation i.e. he's waiting for his wage issue to be resolved before moving on. One particular bit from van der Kraan:
But we are not there yet. Barcelona wants to force Frenkie to cooperate ‘voluntarily’ with pressure. His agent Ali Dursun, who has frankly said that a new club is ready for his player, has already said that Laporta must first fulfil all obligations.

Ted Lasso

Source: De Telegraaf (Marcel van der Kraan)

We now have a Dutch journalist reporting the same thing as the reliable English ones on de Jong's situation i.e. he's waiting for his wage issue to be resolved before moving on. One particular bit from van der Kraan:
This has been the most reasonable assessment of the situation...unless you're the kind of pessimistic troll that likes to piss in Muppet cereal.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Matteo Moretto refutes Javi Gómez's report about Mendes asking for a contract renewal:

I really, really. really hope that no-one comes in for him. Not that I want him to stay...that ship has sailed now. A self-inflicted state of limbo would be absolutely glorious.

Just imagine Ronnie, what would have been more 'humiliating'? A season in the Europa League and potentially winning the fecking thing? Or a season on the bench, knowing that no big club wanted you?

lysglimt

Scout
I really, really. really hope that no-one comes in for him. Not that I want him to stay...that ship has sailed now. A self-inflicted state of limbo would be absolutely glorious.

Just imagine Ronnie, what would have been more 'humiliating'? A season in the Europa League and potentially winning the fecking thing? Or a season on the bench, knowing that no big club wanted you?
Not really - I want him to stay - but considering his efforts last season, compared to the rest of the team - I sort of understand him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
he doesnt want us, we dont want him.....let him rot in reserves whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.