Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

I love the wording on the Barca mouthpiece tweets..
De Jong doesnt have to do anything.. He can refuse a salary reduction and refuse to leave.. there is nothing Barca can do about it..

A part of me really hopes he does just that.. just to see the reaction.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More affirmation:
Barça has met with Frenkie de Jong and has demanded a salary reduction to continue wearing the blaugrana [shirt]. Otherwise, he will have to be transferred.
Translation:

Giggsyking

We are not paying him the money he is going to be at Barcelona in the next 4 years. Why would he leave? Either he get payed his money by Barcelona or he wont leave. We wont be paying him 88m euros in 4 years.

joedirt87

"the offer that has gained the most strength is Man Utd" you know the one that has been going on for two months now and that Barcelona agreed to a transfer fee with. that offer.

Dannn411

Would people be OK if we pushed the boat out one more time this summer and went all out and dropped 70 on Antony, 75 on FDJ and maybe 60 on Neves or another CM?

prateik

What a stupid idea... he will be 39 midway into next season.. why the feck would we commit to paying him those wages for 23-24 season and send him on loan this year..
He wants to leave.. get a club to make an offer and feck off.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Would people be OK if we pushed the boat out one more time this summer and went all out and dropped 70 on Antony, 75 on FDJ and maybe 60 on Neves or another CM?
Good call. Spend the money we don't have and then ask our current players on long term contracts to start taking paycuts to balance it out. Now where have I heard that before?

BlueHaze

Not only the tedious Frenkie stories but also every single day about this Ronaldo rubbish. Been one of the most annoying windows ever. How can we not have signed a CM at this point?

croadyman

Last one definitely don't happen we aren't City

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Translation:
Never mind chasing hard to get players who are reluctant to come, if the club were to renew his deal in order to loan him while we chase a CL qualification that would make it satisfactory for him to return when he's 39 would be the the hight of embarrassment.

We need to tell him to feck off.

Varun1

Not only the tedious Frenkie stories but also every single day about this Ronaldo rubbish. Been one of the most annoying windows ever. How can we not have signed a CM at this point?
The fecking economic situation at Barca, Ron leaving or not, and FDJ taking a pay cut... seems to be every other tweet. Not blaming the Redcaf posters, but certainly very tedious.

Mick1

Remember back in the day when players used interest from us to get better contracts at their clubs?
Now clubs scare players into taking pay cuts by threatening to send them here.
Oh how the tables have tabled

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Romano's source:

This is coming from the latest SportBILD issue, which isn't necessarily available online at this time. We might have to wait until tomorrow for Sport Witness to capture the interview.

OmarUnited4ever

Translation:
I know CR7 and his agent are greedy cnuts and all.

But this can't be true, no way the club will accept renewing his contract just to loan him out (meaning the club will be paying his salary while he plays for a CL Team to make sure his adds to his goals tally).

It is truly shocking if they asked for this and it would be worse if the club even entertains this request.

Good news is Ten Hag won't stand for that, Ten Hag will be clear and tell CR7 that he is either with us or he is not and leaves, and if he leaves the buying club should pay a transfer fee (15-20).

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This supposed connection Ronaldo has to United has been overtly romanticised. He is a player whose loyalties lie only to himself. I'm not disparaging that but recent transfer events around Ronaldo's future should be seen in that light.

Last season, many of us were saying that it must be quite an embarrassment for a player of Ronaldo's stature to play in such a weak willed and disjointed team. While we have a new manager at the helm, things won't change overnight and Ronaldo isn't getting any younger.

iKnowNothing

Translation:
I guess what they’re saying is Ronaldo will play in the CL this year and should United qualify for the CL next year, then he will play for United next year too.

I don’t know what to make of this deal though. But full marks for coming up with innovative offer.

Dannn411

If I was the club i'd tell Ronaldo to shove the offer where the sun doesn't shine. He wants us to fund his personal ego trip because he knows nobody in their right mind will pay his wages. Give him only two options. Either he leaves permanently or he returns to training.

Daengophile

Enough of this b@llocks already

If Ronaldo wants to leave, he can find a buyer

Or pay his own way out of his contract

Josep Dowling

I guess what they’re saying is Ronaldo will play in the CL this year and should United qualify for the CL next year, then he will play for United next year too.

I don’t know what to make of this deal though. But full marks for coming up with innovative offer.
Why would United accept this? The only reason I want him to stay this summer is because we don’t have the budget for a striker on top of every other hole in the squad. A new striker should be a our number one target next summer and hopefully Ronaldo is forgotten about. This saga has ruined any legacy he had created with the fans.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
So, Ron made a complete ass of himself for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.