Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil in me

Garner isn't good enough to be a regular player for us. We can't keep him just because McT and Fred are crap. If we can get 15M for him it will be good business.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We’ve given plenty of opportunities to our academy guys but at the moment, they’re really not making us look good. Rashford looks totally disinterested, Lingard was disruptive, Henderson is disruptive, Pogba didn’t give a feck, McTominay looks very limited and the less said about Greenwood, the better. These are the players who should technically be playing their bollocks off for us and not going behind our back being disruptive.

We don’t produce gold every year. Forget the early 90s breakthrough of half a dozen players from our academy. That’s a one off. That’s like winning the Euromillions jackpot. A lot of these boys disappear off the face of the earth after they leave their teenage years behind.

Its a huge risk to give Garner a new multi year contract based on him doing well in the Championship. His stock is reasonably high. He looks comfortable in the Championship and he was a key part of a team that got promoted, so there’s an uncertainty whether he’s good enough at Premier League level… The key part is there’s a huge difference between being a promoted PL team who could easily go back down and an established elite tier PL team. If we play him a small handful of times, you might get away with it in terms of harming his worth. If he looks out of depth after a full season with us, then the value goes down and if hes tied up in a nice juicy contract, then we’ve shot ourselves in the foot. We’re basically hoping he gets better because the teams that are more of his level cannot afford those wages, and the fashionable thing now is to run down your contract so he could leave for free and we’d have missed out on £20m that could have gone to buying someone.

We have to get better at this area. Look at Liverpool and how they handled Brewster.
Yup. I understand the United way of giving chances but if the club feel that he is not good enough then obviously makes sense to cash in

Dr. StrangeHate

Garner is an excellent choice for "sell him but put in a buy-back clause".
This is what we should be doing for all the players that are good enough to play in the PL but not good enough yet to be United players. If they do well we buy back, if not we have made a profit.

Ted Lasso

Great message from the club. Shows that you can go out on loan, perform great and it still doesn't matter, you won't get any chance in the team, even when the starters have been absolutely atrocious. The idea that the club would need to raise funds after £50m net spend when they hadn't even bothered spending a penny last January is ludicrous.
It's nauseating to see how many posters are okay with this too.

So much for club values.

Giggsy13

It's nauseating to see how many posters are okay with this too.

So much for club values.
We’re selling a youth player who did well on loan and not given a chance in the first team to purchase Rabiot. Club values have long been gone.

Dr. StrangeHate

We’re selling a youth player who did well on loan and not given a chance in the first team to purchase Rabiot. Club values have long been gone.
Because Rabiot can likely help us straight away. Garner has done well in the Championship, we don't know how this will translate to the PL. If we insert a buy back clause, this is best for all parties involved.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Garner isn't good enough to be a regular player for us. We can't keep him just because McT and Fred are crap. If we can get 15M for him it will be good business.
What are you basing this on? You haven't seen him play for us yet.

I think because Mctominay is an academy player everyone just throws them all into the same group now. It's ridiculous.

I bet he goes to Forrest and performs better than our entire midfield.

Ted Lasso

One of the best loans that I can recall in some time as well. I want to say I don't understand it but I do ...we need the owners out. That's the only way to get the clubs soul back.

Lee565

Until replacements are in place, that's a non-starter.
It also means we would be helping strengthen someone else's midfield even more than our already shower of rubbish and also make ours even worse with 1 less better option than fred and mctominay.

Mctominay is definitely sellable at under 10 million and Fred can fetch around 15-20 million.

Gordon S

Wrong message? As in if you’re not good enough we’ll sell you? City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc etc etc do the same thing repeatedly, so what message should our younger players be getting?
If his fee is used to buy someone better, then it’s good.
They do, but the difference is they almost always have better options already in the first teams. We don’t. And we are desperately short of options as it is. One or two injured mids in a period when we have 2 games a week every week and we will be up shit creek

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's because those two are so bad. If they were good, James could get plenty of minutes because a competent midfield we wouldn't be in such a mess.

Alemar

We’re selling a youth player who did well on loan and not given a chance in the first team to purchase Rabiot.
Rabiot played for PSG, for Juventus and for France - not a surprise that he will be above Garner in the pecking order

Red_toad

They do, but the difference is they almost always have better options already in the first teams. We don’t. And we are desperately short of options as it is. One or two injured mids in a period when we have 2 games a week every week and we will be up shit creek
Ten Hag may well prefer Savage and Iqbal as his back ups. Or maybe he’s demanded to be play, who knows. But I’m not against his sale if it brings in a upgrade for midfield.

Dazzmondo

Ten Hag may well prefer Savage and Iqbal as his back ups. Or maybe he’s demanded to be play, who knows. But I’m not against his sale if it brings in a upgrade for midfield.
Considering neither were even on the bench against Brentford I seriously doubt it

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Donny was meant to be miles better than Mcfred too. Remember that?
I have no idea what this point is in support of. Garner isn’t McFred. And Rabiot isn’t Donny. Garner is currently behind Fred, Mctominay, Eriksen and DVB in the pecking order. He’s 5th choice in a midfield we want to add two players too. Get some funds, get him PL football and stick a buy back in.

cyberman

Miles better but 3 managers now not picking him including his former boss?
Yes. Even then McFred have only started 1 game under Ten Hag and that seems it be it for them.
We should have sold one of McFred for VDB then we’d only now have two deadwood players than 3

Chairman Steve

Panic stations. Agains smacks of no plan. If we had a plan we would have taken 15 million from forest months ago.
If he was sold months ago then the club and ETH would get blasted for not even giving him a look in training. You can say that he was looked at in pre-season and ETH has decided he wasn’t good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.