Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ya no idea how reliable it is. Generally La Repubblica is a pretty well respected paper though which is why I sent it. Don't know the track record of the specific journalist though. It does seem weird to me that an Italian paper would get it first unless an Italian team is actively seeking to sign him maybe?
La Repubblica may be a well-respected newspaper that's been around for a long time, but they're terrible about reporting transfer news just as all Italian newspapers are.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At least shows the ship is not leaky and they’re quietly going about their business
To be honest, I had a lot of faith that was the case with Murtogh, it's natural we're all a bit impatient though when most of us checked out of the season early.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

From the live blog, Whitwell states that there's no guarantee of either an option or obligation being included in the loan deal.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
But apparently our inept board can’t do 3 signings at once. Amiright lads?!

Dazzmondo

Not saying it's wrong but would Vitinha make sense alongside FDJ? From what I've seen of him he's a good passer and progresser of the ball but wouldn't call him a dm or anything. Not particularly great at winning the ball back either and neither is FDJ.

Becks00

We don't need him and FdJ. Too many forward-thinking players and still no DM
We do, should anyone of them get injured during the season standard in possession remains the same and we don't have to fall back to McTominay and Fred. One of them might play but at least they would be playing with either one Vitinha/De Jong that isn't injured.

sukhy

This is embarrassing. Wow. A player who doesn't want to be at United.
A player who wasn't good enough for Wolves.
And a player who got relegated to league 1.

What an amazing club

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well this would certainly line up with our rumoured budget of 120m

FDJ - 80m
Vitinha - 40m
Ebiowei - Free
Apart from they're all priced in Euros and our budget would be in Pounds - well Ebiowei was in pounds.

Widow

What is the worlds obsession lately with a DM?
You're kidding, right? I'm not too arsed about what the world thinks but we have had a massive issue for years with the lack of a true DM that will, above other things, shield the CB's.

We do, should anyone of them get injured during the season standard in possession remains the same and we don't have to fall back to McTominay and Fred. One of them might play but at least they would be playing with either one Vitinha/De Jong that isn't injured.
Fred, Scotty, VDB, Garner, Bruno FdJ and a few from the youth would be enough cover. I'm not moaning about the possibility of signing both as long as we get a DM. I have a feeling Vitinha is a plan B option for FdJ. Both play very similar roles.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
From this article:
A large summary of what the deal means for Barcelona and how this will affect their transfers:
  • Barcelona have decided to sell 49.9% of Barça Licensing and Merchandising (BLM) + 10% - 25% of their La Liga broadcasting rights.
  • Total proceeds: 400-800 million Euros
    • BLM sale: 200-300 million Euros
    • Broadcasting rights: €200m per 10% of the rights (or up to €500m in total)
      • For the current fiscal year (ending on June 30), they will sell only 10% of the rights
Transfer plans:
  • Defence
    • Barcelona hope to buy both [Irrelevant point] and Cesar Azpilicueta for low prices.
      • Azpilicueta has a promise from Granovskaia to be allowed to leave even after the 1-year extension.
    • Chelsea are interested in Barcelona's Alejandro Balde.
    • Koundé prefers Barcelona and is waiting for their proposal despite Chelsea's advanced interest.
      • Barcelona will hope to offer cash + players to Sevilla.
  • Midfield
    • Xavi prefers Real Sociedad's Martín Zubimendi to take over from Busquest.
    • Xavi wants Bernardo Silva for one of the more advanced midfield roles.
      • Bernardo wants to play for Barcelona.
      • Conditional on Frenkie De Jong leaving
        • Sale no longer necessary for financial reasons, but Xavi doesn't like Frenkie's profile (Bernardo's is more appealing to him)
    • Barcelona hope to finally be able to seal Gavi's contract renewal.
  • Attack
    • Barcelona sees Ousmane Dembélé as being more likely to leave the club than stay.
    • Already an agreement in principle with Raphinha, but Leeds are asking for €50m, which is expensive for Barcelona.
    • Barcelona can finally offer Bayern Munich a tempting offer for Lewandowski.

For those wondering why Xavi isn't keen on Frenkie to take over Busquets:

Basically, we can't low-ball Barcelona any more. If we have to buy him, we'll have to get close to what Barcelona want. The only thing that can help us now is if we wait until next summer and see what happens to Frenkie's place in the team next season.

Becks00

You're kidding, right? I'm not too arsed about what the world thinks but we have had a massive issue for years with the lack of a true DM that will, above other things, shield the CB's.

Fred, Scotty, VDB, Garner, Bruno FdJ and a few from the youth would be enough cover. I'm not moaning about the possibility of signing both as long as we get a DM. I have a feeling Vitinha is a plan B option for FdJ. Both play very similar roles.
Only FdJ helps build and retain possession amongst those options. I've not really watched Garner well so don't know what kind of midfielder he is, but if he is a similar profile to FdJ/Vitinha then both might not be needed.
From this article:

For those wondering why Xavi isn't keen on Frenkie to take over Busquets:

Basically, we can't low-ball Barcelona any more. If we have to buy him, we'll have to get close to what Barcelona want. The only thing that can help us now is if we wait until next summer and see what happens to Frenkie's place in the team next season.
Think that's what Barca would want us to believe but I believe they would very much like to get rid of FdJ's wages regardless of whether they sign Silva or not, that's our leverage I think.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
After Pedro Sepulveda Tweeted that PSG are meeting to decide on whether to pay for Vitinha's release clause:

cyberman

He's the player that assists the player that assists the scorer if you understand me. He certainly isn't a DM as he progresses the ball up the field often.
I don’t think Ten Hag even plays with a dm since he pushes everyone up to press high. That just may be enough if he can get the team actually pressing the opposition

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Think that's what Barca would want us to believe but I think they would very much like to get rid of FdJ's wages regardless of whether they sign Silva or not, that's our leverage I think.
Yeah, we can basically use the fact that Frenkie isn't really valued by Barcelona to potentially pay less for him. We still need to up our offer to seal the deal, but we should be able to secure him for basically what Barcelona paid for him (as long as the talks don't break down).

Status
Not open for further replies.