Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

Very relaxed about united this summer. Usually there are loads of leaks and links and crap. It's all pretty quiet apart from 3 or 4 players. Seems like we will get de Jong and Antony and go from there.

Dazzmondo

I know it's bull, but at some point could be superb news.

He could leave now, for fresh players to come. His wages alone could cover lot of expenses.
Losing 18 PL goals and having 0 strikers? Ya no, I'd rather he stays

GwilDor

Ya no idea how reliable it is. Generally La Repubblica is a pretty well respected paper though which is why I sent it. Don't know the track record of the specific journalist though. It does seem weird to me that an Italian paper would get it first unless an Italian team is actively seeking to sign him maybe?
Yeah, wasn't having a dig at Repubblica in general, just found it weird considering neither we, Ronaldo, or Mendes is Italian. Maybe Mendes is in Italy for some other meetings though, who knows. Still find this likely to be bullshit.

ShinjiNinja26

Very relaxed about united this summer. Usually there are loads of leaks and links and crap. It's all pretty quiet apart from 3 or 4 players. Seems like we will get de Jong and Antony and go from there.
Yep. I think deals will come together rather quickly after the de Jong transfer is resolved one way or another.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don’t think we can afford to let Ronaldo leave at this point, we wouldn’t even have a striker at the club if he left and we already need 1.

Telsim

100% bullshit for no other reason than Mendes will have to travel through the multiverse to find another club willing to pay anything even remotely close to what we are paying Ronaldo.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It would be fine if we didn't already need shit loads of players, him leaving leaves us with 0 actual strikers. And there's such a lack of striker options in the window as it is.
Sure, there's that and there's also belief in new manager he can find pure talent, even when scouting department sitting on their collective arse, giving us grandpa Cavani & Ighalo.

I have respect to Ronnie, if he stays, that's gold and we'll also have stellar captain with experience few in football have, but someday we'll have to cope with what we'll raise in our own midst.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Losing 18 PL goals and having 0 strikers? Ya no, I'd rather he stays
Putting all faith in 38 years old legend in intensive league like PL could be ETH's curse in disguise, it's also what slowly finished Ole off with Ighalo & Cavani.

We'll simply need to be more brave on the market and trust new manager can help with finding offensive players.

Frank Grimes

I know it's bull, but at some point could be superb news.

He could leave now, for fresh players to come. His wages alone could cover lot of expenses.
I'm not convinced it's bull. Ronaldo treasures his CL goal scoring record, he might not want to risk Messi overtaking him. No guarantee United get top 4 next season either so maybe a move makes sense for him?

Teja

100% bullshit for no other reason than Mendes will have to travel through the multiverse to find another club willing to pay anything even remotely close to what we are paying Ronaldo.
This basically. No chance we're getting his wages of the book.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm not convinced it's bull. Ronaldo treasures his CL goal scoring record, he might not want to risk Messi overtaking him. No guarantee United get top 4 next season either so maybe a move makes sense for him?
Splendid. That would mean even more reasons to let him go and finally do some rigorous scouting for players who actually want to score goals for United.

Frank Grimes

Splendid. That would mean even more reasons to let him go and finally do some rigorous scouting for players who actually want to score goals for United.
Problem now is Nunez is gone. I would have been all for getting Ronaldo out the gap this window had we signed Nunez. Now there is a scarcity of strikers available and do we really trust our board to get in a decent replacement that isn't another rinky dink loan?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
And if it is a bull?
We'll have a great captain, experienced legend but his batteries will be depleted near December to keep us higher places in the table, not to mention keeping us to compete for Europa or FA Cup. Ten Hag will demand a lot fo work from everyone and not everyone will be happy, even though it's a group of supposed professionals.

Putting all faith on Ronnie is a bit similar to putting all responsibilities on Cavani or Ighalo. We'll need an impact sub in mood of Solskjaer / Chicharito at least to keep him fresh.

Alternative could be signing goalscoring RW... think both striker and winger are needed since Martial is passionless vessel for football.

Dante

Average bang
Ronaldo is in Ten Hag's plans:
EtH on May 23rd said:
Erik ten Hag asked if Cristiano Ronaldo will have a role in his plans for new Manchester United "Of course!".

"Cristiano can bring goals. But I talk first with Cristiano before I talk with you...", ten Hag added.
Ten Hag is in Ronaldo's plans:
Ronaldo on June 3rd said:
"I know he did a fantastic job for Ajax and that he's an experienced coach but we need to give him time and things need to change – the way he wants."
In any case, both of them are on fecking holiday. There's zero chance Cristiano could feel uninvolved in EtH's project right now. The project hasn't even started.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Problem now is Nunez is gone. I would have been all for getting Ronaldo out the gap this window had we signed Nunez. Now there is a scarcity of strikers available and do we really trust our board to get in a decent replacement that isn't another rinky dink loan?
We had Rangnick who knew Bundesliga like his own pocket and now we have Ten Hag who dominated Eredivisie for past years.

If we can't use their connections and knowledge to access large numbers of talents who soon to be playing in top clubs, we might also stop competing and join sunday league.

I can't believe the club of that size is unable or plain refusing to use it's own global range to bring needed players. Sometimes it really feels like the club being hijacked and sabotaged in every department.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They may be quoting something he said on TV or radio. I'm not sure, take it with a punch of salt. The guy is meant to be a reliable source though, if he has said it.
Fernando Polo never appears on either TV or radio. His info always comes from Mundo Deportivo (online and/or the newspaper). I've found the article, and the aggregators that you previously posted omitted key information in the passage that they shared, which made it seem more likely for Frenkie De Jong to leave than to stay.

I'll post the Tweet and summary in the Europe thread once I go through the whole article (it's very long).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ronaldo is in Ten Hag's plans:

Ten Hag is in Ronaldo's plans:

In any case, both of them are on fecking holiday. There's zero chance Cristiano could feel uninvolved in EtH's project right now. The project hasn't even started.
Maybe he wants to join ETH on holiday

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I looked up both of the sources, and they're both nothing stories. The former comes from a summary that Ed Aarons wrote and Tweeted about with no new info anywhere (the "Spurs tipped" part is just speculation on his end). The latter reads like something from The Sun or the Daily Express; the article uses weak logic to justify Ronaldo "wanting to leave" as well as linking him to clubs in Serie A. Interestingly, given that this is a Roman newspaper, they conveniently linked him to Roma. No wonder Shrager decided to Tweet a rebuttal to the Ronaldo rumour despite not being active in the past month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.