Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

How can we not get at least £30m for Henderson? Seen worse players sell for more at other clubs. Had the option to sell him for a good price in January and didn’t. Had the option to sell him for a good price after a very good loan spell at Sheffield United and didn’t. Have never given him a real opportunity to make number 1. The club is horrendously bad with any form of player management.
City are selling Bazunu, Irelands sub keeper who's never played above league 1, for 12m rising to 15. We're looking for 20 for Henderson, who has PL experience and a hugely praised championship season under his belt.

roseguy64

City are selling Bazunu, Irelands sub keeper who's never played above league 1, for 12m rising to 15. We're looking for 20 for Henderson, who has PL experience and a hugely praised championship season under his belt.
Bazunu probably earned 10% of what Henderson currently does.

SER19

Bazunu probably earned 10% of what Henderson currently does.
Yes, all relevant as we're the club who gave a sub keeper 120k a week. Anyway I just saw reminder of thread rules above and should probably move this to Henderson thread if needed

Chicharo

Are we sure that we have "only" 120 million pounds to spend? I mean, is there anyone from the club who confirmed this? even if there is, it means nothing.
We spent a shitload of money in the last couple of years, now we supposedly finally have a chance to start rebuilding a team with a proper manager and he gets less money to spend than some of his predecessors with so many gaps to fill?

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Are we sure that we have "only" 120 million pounds to spend? I mean, is there anyone from the club who confirmed this? even if there is, it means nothing.
We spent a shitload of money in the last couple of years, now we supposedly finally have a chance to start rebuilding a team with a proper manager and he gets less money to spent than some of his predecessors with so many gaps to fill?
There is no such thing as a fixed amount to spend - that only exists in football games. There are so many things that should be taken into consideration.

If we release 5 more players on a free transfers - that shouldn't add to our transfer kitty right ? After all we gave them away for free - but that could save us £500.000 a week in wages - of course that will make it easier to spend more money on transfers.

If 3 superstars become available at £60 million each - and these players tick all the boxes, of course we would find £180 million to save them.

And most players aren't paid upfront - so it's possible to distribute the costs over several seasons. But of course that means less money to spend next season or the season after that.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Im sure there is some sort of budget, which obviously will get bigger if players leave. £120m was rumoured to be our budget for months if we failed on CL. They always threw in the '+sales' caveat, but we're all watching and realising that we'll probably make nothing in sales anyway. This will never be confirmed by a club source but most summers the press seem to know our budget as though its been leaked. You get the odd article that claims we'll spend £300m or something daft but they're rightly ignored.

Chicharo

There is no such thing as a fixed amount to spend - that only exists in football games. There are so many things that should be taken into consideration.

If we release 5 more players on a free transfers - that shouldn't add to our transfer kitty right ? After all we gave them away for free - but that could save us £500.000 a week in wages - of course that will make it easier to spend more money on transfers.

If 3 superstars become available at £60 million each - and these players tick all the boxes, of course we would find £180 million to save them.

And most players aren't paid upfront - so it's possible to distribute the costs over several seasons. But of course that means less money to spend next season or the season after that.
Exactly what I meant. If the opportunity presents itself we'll spend let's say 200. Of course everyone wants to spend less, but in this case it's no excuse to back off if someone asks more. That is if ETH is really in charge of transfers and believe in in FDY. The club have the money, no one can persuade me, we don't
And I really don't remember the time when needed more new players than now. The club stated we want CF, 2 MF, RW and RB, plus maybe CB.

OpenIntrovert

Any media associated with Barcelona are going to make Barcelona seem "Strong" rather than saying that Barca needs to sell. They dont want Barca to appear as a selling or a weak club. Just be patient lads.

Withnail

Seems to work in Spanish media, 40k followers. Everybody is posting these type of tweets so I thought I may aswell.
I thought those type of ones were banned in this thread. I can't even find the original story in mundodeportivo or that guy's twitter. Not that it's not there but I just don't see it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So many posters turning on each other, it's anarchy!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Exactly what I meant. If the opportunity presents itself we'll spend let's say 200. Of course everyone wants to spend less, but in this case it's no excuse to back off if someone asks more. That is if ETH is really in charge of transfers and believe in in FDY. The club have the money, no one can persuade me, we don't
And I really don't remember the time when needed more new players than now. The club stated we want CF, 2 MF, RW and RB, plus maybe CB.
I'm sorry but - :lol: :lol:

There is no way this club spends £200m in one summer, unless you mean after selling Rashford, Varane, Ronaldo, and AWB, adding those sales on top of the £100m we usually spend spend? Then sure.

The club in fact, doesn't have that much money, we're not a state funded club, we're ran as a business, the finances of this club simply cannot allow for a £200m outlay in one window.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

There is no way this club spends £200m in one summer, unless you mean after selling Rashford, Varane, Ronaldo, and AWB, adding those sales on top of the £100m we usually spend spend? Then sure.

The club in fact, doesn't have that much money, we're not a state funded club, we're ran as a business, the finances of this club simply cannot allow for a £200m outlay in one window.
It absolutely could in a summer where over 50m as been wiped off the annual wage bill. The club won’t do it though.

Chicharo

We'll see. The only reason why we wouldn't is because of the Glazers, not because we are on the verge of bankruptcy. We have the money. If ETH is the man, he'll spend it, otherwise wait for another 10 years before we are threat to Citeh
The Glazers dissing us doesn't mean we don't have the money.

Just one more thing, do any single member of this forum think Barca will go to bankruptcy? They are backed up by the whole Catalonia and have a formidable youth system at the very least

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I thought those type of ones were banned in this thread. I can't even find the original story in mundodeportivo or that guy's twitter. Not that it's not there but I just don't see it.
They may be quoting something he said on TV or radio. I'm not sure, take it with a punch of salt. The guy is meant to be a reliable source though, if he has said it.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We'll see. The only reason why we wouldn't is because of the Glazers, not because because we are on the verge of bankruptcy. We have the money. If ETH is the man, he'll spend it, otherwise wait for another 10 years before we are threat to Citeh
The Glazers dissing us doesn't mean we don't have the money.
I'm not saying we're on the verge of bankruptcy, but we're ran as a business, and no business can sustain that sort of spending without soon going bankrupt - if we didn't have the debt saddled on us by the Glazers, and were allowed to spend our own money, there may have been without paying out dividends then we probably could (doesn't mean we would).

@Cassidy We've lost 4 "assets" for absolutely nothing, the wage savings are great, but there is no way this club could spend £200m (I was assuming net) in one window.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Outside of the obvious transfer target (FDJ) this is probably the quietest introduction to a transfer window I've seen from United and certainly the press interms of rumours (and bs) spread I've seen in a while.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Our biggest transfer stories this week:
  • The club used to like Ings but are no longer interested
  • We are exploring signing Watford's reserve keeper to sit on our bench

Withnail

They may be quoting something he said on TV or radio. I'm not sure, take it with a punch of salt. The guy is meant to be a reliable source though, if he has said it.
I saw that reddit rate him Tier2. Yeah I'm taking it with a pinch of salt for the moment. I also don't want it to be true.

Acquire Me

Our biggest transfer stories this week:
  • The club used to like Ings but are no longer interested
  • We are exploring signing Watford's reserve keeper to sit on our bench
Perfect. We are keeping our business for ourselves. It should be like that and not a damn clown house.

DickDastardly

Outside of the obvious transfer target (FDJ) this is probably the quietest introduction to a transfer window I've seen from United and certainly the press interms of rumours (and bs) spread I've seen in a while.
Yeah, we've either closed shop on the rumour department or we're fecking broke and there really isn't anything to spread...

ETH probably wants things to go really close to the chest and he's keeping it under the radar.

Hope the club continues with this practice for some time and gives him the time to build something to tell about.

Our recent club PR stunts were very cringeworthy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm not saying we're on the verge of bankruptcy, but we're ran as a business, and no business can sustain that sort of spending without soon going bankrupt - if we didn't have the debt saddled on us by the Glazers, and were allowed to spend our own money, there may have been without paying out dividends then we probably could (doesn't mean we would).

@Cassidy We've lost 4 "assets" for absolutely nothing, the wage savings are great, but there is no way this club could spend £200m (I was assuming net) in one window.
Spending on signings includes wages and the cost of the transfer is amortised along with wages annually. 50m in annual wages goes a long way to extending the transfer budget if we wanted it to.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah, we've either closed shop on the rumour department or we're fecking broke and there really isn't anything to spread...

ETH probably wants things to go really close to the chest and he's keeping it under the radar.

Hope the club continues with this practice for some time and gives him the time to build something to tell about.

Our recent club PR stunts were very cringeworthy.
Personally I feel, and this will likely annoy the majority on here, ETH will give these players a second chance. A chance to redeem themselves.

DickDastardly

Personally I feel, and this will likely annoy the majority on here, ETH will give these players a second chance. A chance to redeem themselves.
I have no beef with him giving away second chances....who knows, he might even make a player out of some of them.

But, i'm quite certain he will bring in one of his former players, a familiar face to incorporate the style of football he cherishes.

A current or a former Ajax player of his is a sure thing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I have no beef with him giving away second chances....who knows, he might even make a player out of some of them.

But, i'm quite certain he will bring in one of his former players, a familiar face to incorporate the style of football he cherishes.

A current or a former Ajax player of his is a sure thing.
All our eggs in the FDJ basket, I think.

And, plus, if ETH is as good as people say he is then why shouldn't he feel confident in getting a solid tune out of the players currently in the squad ?
This is the first proper manager we've had at the club in a long time and one that will, hopefully, bring a more structured style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.