Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I knew it was going to be a frustrating window as soon as we let go of Ragnick.

Wezzaldo

Two tweets in the last three pages. Got excited when I saw all the extra pages too.

SmallCaine

must not be a big market for him if the best we can do is a loan with a potential fee to a team that could easily be relegated. Don't you think the club would take a 25 or 30 million pound deal to another club if they were being offered. or do you think this club has become so pathetic that they are afraid to sell to another PL team that could be rising.
Isn't that what negotiators are for, henderson isn't a pack of chips on display at a super market where someone will buy it without much input from the guy in the shop? This is where having connections at different clubs comes in handy. This is exactly why i felt getting an experienced hand to help murtough was neccessary, so we won't blunder our way through another transfer window hamstringing another manager like we seem to be. City and Liverpool manage to ship absolute dross for good fees, but best we can do for a in his prime good gk is 20mn that too only as an option.

Its really amazing how the new team incharge of transfers seems exactly like the old team. No one wants to come, for the ones who do we convince to come the geniuses act like we can negotiate fees, only to drag it to a point where we pay what we would have paid early on.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Simon Stone confirms that Henderson's in talks with Nottingham Forest. James Garner, however, will remain with the club for pre-season at least.

Also:

SATA

It’s fine loaning him out but we are having to still pay a portion of his wages for a Premier league side? Christ :lol:

sleepehead

Makes more sense then if there's no option. No part of that initial deal was a win for us, didn't even have a buyback option. They could have literally bought him for 20 and immediately sold him for double that

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
If he were a jones type player sure, but henderson easily starts for most top half teams, the fact that we can't get likes of newcastle to sign him is a failure on our part.
He’s had a good season in the PL with SHU and a good half season with us in the PL but other than that it’s all potential with him. (Not saying he isn’t a good keeper).

The killer for us is Woody/Judge giving him a contract that is worth £110k pw. That’s why we’re struggling to get any good deals for him.

Dazzmondo

He’s had a good season in the PL with SHU and a good half season with us in the PL but other than that it’s all potential with him. (Not saying he isn’t a good keeper).

The killer for us is Woody/Judge giving him a contract that is worth £110k pw. That’s why we’re struggling to get any good deals for him.
Generous to say he had a good half season with us. His time with Sheff Utd is the only time where he showed he's good enough really. When he was given the chance at Utd he failed badly imo, and I believed in him a lot coming off his time with Sheff.

RonaldoVII

I'd rather we just sold him as I think he's shite but getting some wages paid for him is better than him sitting on the bench again for a season.

bazza3727

Isn't that what negotiators are for, henderson isn't a pack of chips on display at a super market where someone will buy it without much input from the guy in the shop? This is where having connections at different clubs comes in handy. This is exactly why i felt getting an experienced hand to help murtough was neccessary, so we won't blunder our way through another transfer window hamstringing another manager like we seem to be. City and Liverpool manage to ship absolute dross for good fees, but best we can do for a in his prime good gk is 20mn that too only as an option.

Its really amazing how the new team incharge of transfers seems exactly like the old team. No one wants to come, for the ones who do we convince to come the geniuses act like we can negotiate fees, only to drag it to a point where we pay what we would have paid early on.
I quite like the idea that Pool and City have "dross" on their books. Were these guys dross when they were signed? Or did City and Pool manage to turn them into dross? Or is it only United who manage this?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Who cares what forest can afford. Letting him go for 20mn is absolutely criminal. Last i checked newcastle still havent signed a top keeper.
As opposed to letting him sit on the bench, paying his full wage and losing him on a free when his contract ends? It’s an open market and there’s probably a lack of interest.

diarm

As opposed to letting him sit on the bench, paying his full wage and losing him on a free when his contract ends? It’s an open market and there’s probably a lack of interest.
How much wage will we save?

We'll be paying half of it anyway while he's on loan at Forest, and we'll have to pay whoever we get in to replace him as backup.

We might save £20k a week say. If De Gea goes down for 6 months early on, will we look at that £20k a week as money well saved?

I'd prefer to either sell him for £10-20m right now, loan him to Forest with an obligation to buy for £20m or loan him out with no option to buy included at all.

Every one of those options has more benefits to us than the idea of sending him on subsidised loan with an option.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
How much wage will we save?

We'll be paying half of it anyway while he's on loan at Forest, and we'll have to pay whoever we get in to replace him as backup.

We might save £20k a week say. If De Gea goes down for 6 months early on, will we look at that £20k a week as money well saved?

I'd prefer to either sell him for £10-20m right now, loan him to Forest with an obligation to buy for £20m or loan him out with no option to buy included at all.

Every one of those options has more benefits to us than the idea of sending him on subsidised loan with an option.
Not really sure why you’re quoting me bud? I initially quoted your post and agreed with every single word of it. This loan with “option” (not obligation) to buy and subsidising his wages is a shit deal for us.

Though I’d think there are a couple of factors in loaning him out - he needs or wants game time and we’re trying to drum up interest in him after a good loan spell (rumors are we don’t want the option included in the loan) and we’re saving half his wages (around £50k pw). Whether it turns out a good or bad decision, versus sitting on the bench for a season, I guess we won’t know the answer.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Lance

Flamengo manager Dorival Junior on Pereira's future:
It’s just an opinion. I hope he stays. Players of this level, players with this potential, are few in Brazil. I have no doubt that this boy can still grow a lot, he can evolve a lot. How will it happen? I don’t know, but it would be really nice if we could hold onto this kid because he has a lot of qualities. He is a player that draws attention in any way. He has growth potential, players of that level are scarce at the moment within this country.

diarm

Not really sure why you’re quoting me bud? I initially quoted your post and agreed with every single word of it. This loan with “option” (not obligation) to buy and subsidising his wages is a shit deal for us.

Though I’d think there are a couple of factors in loaning him out - he needs or wants game time and we’re trying to drum up interest in him after a good loan spell (rumors are we don’t want the option included in the loan) and we’re saving half his wages (around £50k pw). Whether it turns out a good or bad decision, versus sitting on the bench for a season, I guess we won’t know the answer.
Sorry I read your post and linked it to an earlier one that wasn't yours, getting the wrong impression totally!

My bad!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Sorry I read your post and linked it to an earlier one that wasn't yours, getting the wrong impression totally!

My bad!
Nah, I can’t blame you. There’s a ton of activity on here and a lot of it negative! Maybe time for me to enjoy off season a little and take a break as well :lol: - at least until we’ve made a couple of signings and everyone calms down a little.

diarm

Nah, I can’t blame you. There’s a ton of activity on here and a lot of it negative! Maybe time for me to enjoy off season a little and take a break as well :lol: - at least until we’ve made a couple of signings and everyone calms down a little.
I think I might do the same. The sun is shining and when I looked out the window earlier, the world wasn't even on fire.

Prodigy24

I honestly don't think that this board is able to focus on multiple targets at the same time. It's just one player at a time, and they waste so much time in bidding and negotiating that they forget to focus on others as well. It was the same thing last season, and the season before.

singhters

Arsenal reportedly made 3 signings already, wth is going on at utd, i knew this would happen.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I knew it was going to be a frustrating window as soon as we let go of Rangnick.
Rangnick had literally 0 say or power over our transfer business when he was going to be a consultant. Literally 0. Nothing. Nada. No power.

Barthez

Never known such incompetence as our club. You just know they’ll just be one or two uninspiring additions.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This is on Woody and Judge for handing him a 100k p/w contract when he has done feck all in the game.
On a side note, was it the fault of Woodward to double a players salary when said player had 4 years left on his contract? (Talking about Bruno).

The new guys ain't averse to making silly decisions, at some point the mistakes they make won't be able to be pinned on Woodward.

Either way you frame this transfer is bad, we're paying some of Hendersons wages to play for a Premier League club, and supposedly giving them a £20m option to buy, it's literally a lose lose for us, if he plays crap, we're stuck with a player we can't sell as they won't take the option and if he plays well, they're getting a future England International for a snip.

SER19

I only consider a signing 'late' if its beyond pre season starting. We'd want to get business done in next 10 days though, we've huge work to do implementing a style and that happens on training ground with consistency.

I think there is so little goodwill after the last 8 years that it takes very little now for bad feelings to take hold around the club and not getting essential business done efficiently is a certain way to burst the new manager optimism

Status
Not open for further replies.