Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Attack Plan R

Fecking panic buying. There is no plan.
It looks like we are going for anyone if this is indeed true.

ETH must have sanctioned the signing of the 5ft 9 inches defender, I think he did this for a joke with the dressing room and was shocked the board actually signed him which made increase the practical jokes with all these rumours, must be pissing himself with Van Gaal.
That 5’9” defender arguably is our best player.

Godfather

Fecking panic buying. There is no plan.
It looks like we are going for anyone if this is indeed true.

ETH must have sanctioned the signing of the 5ft 9 inches defender, I think he did this for a joke with the dressing room and was shocked the board actually signed him which made increase the practical jokes with all these rumours, must be pissing himself with Van Gaal.
It's panic bidding at this point. We aren't buying as even our panic options reject us. No wonder if these consist of Casemiro and Joao Felix mind.

Lee565

Only thing missing from this joke of a transfer window from us is fake lawyers

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
We are like a millionaire who lost everything and is now wandering the streets begging for anything they can get

Josep Dowling

This is more about fan appeasement than realistic target. Neither him or Felix will join us. The players won’t want to join, their transfer and salaries are too much. It’s a non-starter. I’m guessing we won’t be getting anyone else this summer. Amazing that they have managed to have a worse summer than the Moyes one. Incredible incompetence. Anyone involved should be sacked.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
This is more about fan appeasement than realistic target. Neither him or Felix will join us. The players won’t want to join, their transfer and salaries are too much. It’s a non-starter. I’m guessing we won’t be getting anyone else this summer. Amazing that they have managed to have a worse summer than the Moyes one. Incredible incompetence. Anyone involved should be sacked.
Fan appeasment? Most fans seem furious! They are just stupid!

RatPack

So far our best move this summer will be not buying Rabiot (unless somebody pushes the panic button on him).

All really wanted was a CDM this summer (none in the team). Anything else would have been about replacing weak points and I hoped ETH help us get some done.

I have no idea how this has now gone so wrong that the the biggest pessimist (me) actually seems to have been too positive in the expectations to this transfer window.

I also complaint that I expected us to do a panic buy in the end of the window. Right now I am hoping for one.

Guess the best thing now is to just sit back and enjoy the circus. Who will the next linked player be. Can they beat Casemiro & Felix link.

There must be some over 35 year old players out there we can buy.

sparx99

These kind of signings are possible (Robinho to City when they were crap) but typically requires paying huge wages. Say Casemiro is on £150k a week then we are able to offer £250k I could see it would be tempting for a 30yr old whose won it all.

The problem is that’s the exact type of thinking we all want us to move away from.

Bestietom

Nunes, a fantastic midfielder gone to Wolves for 42million. Whoever is in charge of our transfers would need to wake up. We need another 4 top players in the next 2 weeks or forget about a top 4 finish and trophies this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How do you appease fans by targeting players you'll never be able to get?

SER19

Nunes, a fantastic midfielder gone to Wolves for 42million. Whoever is in charge of our transfers would need to wake up. We need another 4 top players in the next 2 weeks or forget about a top 4 finish and trophies this season.
This is the frustration. When the transfer window is over, we will be able to make a list of all the players moved around Europe this summer and in the style of fantasy football, pick 5 or 6 within budget, that would have improved us. It's absolutely maddening. Chasing Casemiro and Felix 2 weeks before the window shuts.

Bestietom

This is the frustration. When the transfer window is over, we will be able to make a list of all the players moved around Europe this summer and in the style of fantasy football, pick 5 or 6 within budget, that would have improved us. It's absolutely maddening. Chasing Casemiro and Felix 2 weeks before the window shuts.
Chasing a dead horse the whole summer. We lost out on other players because of this.

LARulz

It's doing the complete opposite, not a single fan on this planet with even a tenth of a braincell thinks this is a possibility. It just shows how out of their depth the guys running the club are

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Expect the Casemiro deal to be in negotiation until deadline day, with an obvious rejection at the end from the player. The club are running out of imaginary targets to keep fanbase quiet.

Crimson King

How do you appease fans by targeting players you'll never be able to get?
It appeases the social media fans. It'll generate clicks and interest. There's probably a whole swathe of 'Welcome to Manchester' YouTube videos for Casemiro out there now.

The people leading the club don't care about us 'legacy' fans and what we think.

Last edited:

Lynty

It appeases the social media fans. It'll generate clicks and interest. There's probably a whole swathe of 'Welcome to Manchester' YouTube videos out there now.

The people leading the club don't care about us 'legacy' fans and what we think.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It appeases the social media fans. It'll generate clicks and interest. There's probably a whole swathe of 'Welcome to Manchester' YouTube videos for Casemiro out there now.

Yeah, I don't buy that. The club gains nothing from that and then subsequently would get loads of negative interactions when they sign no one.

I agree they care less about "legacy" fans, but I don't think this is an actual strategy.

nmm85

Can we go for more realistic signings? Why do we keep trying to get players that we clearly have little/no chance on getting. It's almost like the people making these decisions are 12 year olds playing fifa, who only know players of the top few teams. Why is our scouting so bad? We really should be investing on talent and attitude. Accept we are currently a second tier club.

MUFC OK

I'm getting serious "looking busy" vibes from the way we are approaching this window. Surely we know the likes of Felix/Casmero aren't available/don't want to come?

The Rabiot thing is bizarre as well. Just pay the £50m for Caicedo - will be a world class player I am sure.

Herman Toothrot

Next time Richard Arnold goes for a pint, let's hope they send Bef

I don't see how this would be helpful for them. There's no final click on a fan-made YouTube video that generates revenue for the club. Trending as a poorly run footnote on social media platforms doesn't help them reach any of their KPI's, other than perhaps the newspapers, social platforms and even message boards profiting from the rage.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm getting serious "looking busy" vibes from the way we are approaching this window. Surely we know the likes of Felix/Casmero aren't available/don't want to come?

The Rabiot thing is bizarre as well. Just pay the £50m for Caicedo - will be a world class player I am sure.
There are the actions of a executives who are well out of their depth and just desperately trying to do whatever to salvage the mess. I wouldn't count on our dream team to get things right in these last two weeks. Fingers crossed we don't waste money of absolute duds we will want to get rid of soon.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We are going to end up paying way over the odds for somebody like Oshimen. I can see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.