Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Bored of the money talk now. Hopefully the improved offer gets accepted and this is done next week. Can't wait to see a genuinely exciting RW in the team again, it's been far too long
Very true but can't help feeling total frustration at paying more than we should due to not getting in done earlier. Will not be happy to pass on a CM or RB due to extra money on this deal.

croadyman

Insane fee for Anthony, meaning we've given Ajax 150 for Martinez and Anthony when we still don't have a RB and a functioning Midfield.

Oh and we need a 9.

Lots of issues and clock is ticking ...
Will say this again we only move for a 9 if Ronaldo leaves, in terms of a RB it hinges on AWB leaving but do have serious worries about the complete lack of playmaker midfielder signing

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Insane fee for Anthony, meaning we've given Ajax 150 for Martinez and Anthony when we still don't have a RB and a functioning Midfield.

Oh and we need a 9.

Lots of issues and clock is ticking ...
3 in the middle of Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen are a huge upgrade over what we had. I think Fred will look much better with Casemiro taking more of the defensive responsibility. Should we sign Antony, a good goalkeeper and a RB, we would have a really balanced team.

Suv666

After Antony is sorted. We should go for one more at least (excluding the backup gk) either one of RB/CM is fine with me.
Only if Ronaldo leaves we need #9.

Cantonagotmehere

If he thinks the reaction to the first 2 games and what will happen tomorrow is pressure, I hope Ten Hag is ready for the extra pressure that will be heaped on him, both from the Glazers and the fans, after giving him all this money to spend on players he wants. That window of time that would normally be accorded other new managers is essentially gone now. Tangible improvement will be expected immediately.
I do not care who we buy. ETH needs time and patience to turn around this battleship of tripe. I for sure will give the man loads of time.

sparx99

I don’t really care what the fee is for Antony unless it was somehow the reason we didn’t get FDJ which doesn’t look likely.

When you compare the fee to those of Mahrez, Nicolas Pepe, Vinicius Jr, Ousmane Dembele, Coutinho etc etc it’s very hard to say whether it’ll pan out well.

What I do think is that he’s young and still carving out a career. He’s got motivation to succeed, knows the coach and is at the right age to improve still.

We all need to recalibrate and understand that players 18-24 with big upside cost big money. Tchouameni cost €100m after only a couple of seasons and ligue un football, Nunez had one good season before going for big money. We just need to hope we gamble on the right ones.

lysglimt

Scout
Not many at Ajax can be happy about the sales but the CFO must be laughing

Loony BoB

I don’t really care what the fee is for Antony unless it was somehow the reason we didn’t get FDJ which doesn’t look likely.
Personally I'd probably prefer we take a 15-30m punt on some relative unknown and put 70m into SMS, but who knows if that's possible, I guess.

Name Changed

weso26
Does Gakpo not have better starts when it comes to goals and assists than Antony? Plus he's big & strong, which would be good for us to have. And less than half the price?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Does Gakpo not have better starts when it comes to goals and assists than Antony? Plus he's big & strong, which would be good for us to have. And less than half the price?
Big part why he's looking good in Holland is because he's big and strong, though. He wouldn't have such a physical advantage in the PL

Marwood

Different position though.

That's the crucial bit.

Not which of the two is better. But what position do we want to fill. If it's RW then Gakpo is a non starter.

JB7

Becks wasn’t exciting, couldn’t beat his man and had no great tricks. But his crossing and dead ball ability were exceptional.
Ronaldo & Nani were our last really exciting right wingers.
Jesus christ :houllier:

AndySmith1990

Becks wasn’t exciting, couldn’t beat his man and had no great tricks. But his crossing and dead ball ability were exceptional.
Ronaldo & Nani were our last really exciting right wingers.
Beckhams work rate was exceptional too. Incredible player and great to watch

dubplate warrior

From what I'm reading he has been outperforming Raphina for Brazil recently, can anyone confirm?

If this is the case, at 22 I say we go and get him?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Burt been playing the contrarian with the Antony deal. Keeps talking up the Gakpo deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.