Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBBQ

We could do with signing two even if Ronaldo stays. Otherwise we’re pinning a lot of our hopes on the player we sent out on loan last season. Could probably loan out a couple of the younger lads too, maybe even sell one. The question is whether Antony & Gakpo are the answer. I’d personally prefer one of the buys to be PL proven.

roseguy64

If both are coming in with Rashford and Ronaldo staying we'd then have to loan out Elanga and Amad. Keep Garnacho and Pellistri as 5/6 choices until January.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Are you sure? We're quite light on attacking options compared the previous seasons.
Two would be one too many I think like the first half of last season. Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Elanga, Garnacho, + 2? One going would make sense. Hopefully Ronaldo first.

2E_MUFC

ETH has seen how shite Elanga is. We need 2 wingers though IMO. Martial/Ronaldo strikers. Rashford and Sancho need competition. Would’ve liked to see Garnacho get some game time though.

Withnail

Two would be one too many I think like the first half of last season. Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Elanga, Garnacho, + 2? One going would make sense. Hopefully Ronaldo first.
I don't think we really want to be relying on Elanga and Garnacho is completely unproven at this level so with a couple of injuries we'll be in trouble.

Looking at it pessimistically Rashford's form has been poor, Martial is an injury concern and Ronaldo can't play every game at his age. Along with that this season is again condensed because of the WC so I'd be happy to get two in.

Traub

Four players from the Eredivsie in one window? it would be a massive risk.
Huge risk. We’d have to hope 2/4 turn out to be long term first teamers - that’s probably a decent return when you consider the massive failures we’ve had with Pogba, AdM and Lukaku.

Woziak

We are seeing the 5 sub rule have a significant impact on the season already, A club with the size and stature of United should have two players for every position for obvious reasons, competition, loss of form, injury plus 9 named subs now in the PL. So I can see 6 players for 3 attacking options with someone like Ganaucho being a wildcard 7th option. ETH does not fancy Elanga, he will go on loan with Amad. I think Ronaldo stays to December. I’f you assume that His first choice will be Rashford, Martial, and Antony don’t be surprised if Sancho or Ronaldo plays as a 10 in some games or C Ericssen, I see Bruno spending a long time on the bench after the Brentford game.
Right now our squad is thread bare and we would should have by end of the window ;

D De Geal/ New GK / T Heaton (3)

New RB/D Dalot. H Maguire/R Varane, L Martinez/V Lindelof , Axel T L Shaw/ T Malacia, (9)

Cassemeiro/ J Garner, Fred, S Mctominay, Zidane, C Ericsen/Bruno (7)

Antony/Sancho. Ronaldo/Martial Rashford/Gakpo / Garnaucho (7)

We will need a squad of 25/26 when Europa starts personally I would have sold Axel and kept E Bailey
Ronaldo will go in the winter window so we have 4 signings, I can see another 4 coming in because ETH has seen what Ralph said the club needs 10 players!

AndySmith1990

Elanga is shit, should be sold. Ronaldo will probably leave. Bringing in two attackers makes sense

Woodzy

If we sign both then Robaldo will go and Rashford will be a number 9. ETH already hinted at playing him there

manuchamp88

I don't think we really want to be relying on Elanga and Garnacho is completely unproven at this level so with a couple of injuries we'll be in trouble.

Looking at it pessimistically Rashford's form has been poor, Martial is an injury concern and Ronaldo can't play every game at his age. Along with that this season is again condensed because of the WC so I'd be happy to get two in.
Potentially:
- Rashford goes to PSG
- Elanga goes out on loan
- Left with: Antony, Gakpo, Sancho, CR7, Martial, Garnacho

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We are seeing the 5 sub rule have a significant impact on the season already, A club with the size and stature of United should have two players for every position for obvious reasons, competition, loss of form, injury plus 9 named subs now in the PL. So I can see 6 players for 3 attacking options with someone like Ganaucho being a wildcard 7th option. ETH does not fancy Elanga, he will go on loan with Amad. I think Ronaldo stays to December. I’f you assume that His first choice will be Rashford, Martial, and Antony don’t be surprised if Sancho or Ronaldo plays as a 10 in some games or C Ericssen, I see Bruno spending a long time on the bench after the Brentford game.
Right now our squad is thread bare and we would should have by end of the window ;

D De Geal/ New GK / T Heaton (3)

New RB/D Dalot. H Maguire/R Varane, L Martinez/V Lindelof , Axel T L Shaw/ T Malacia, (9)

Cassemeiro/ J Garner, Fred, S Mctominay, Zidane, C Ericsen/Bruno (7)

Antony/Sancho. Ronaldo/Martial Rashford/Gakpo / Garnaucho (7)

We will need a squad of 25/26 when Europa starts personally I would have sold Axel and kept E Bailey
Ronaldo will go in the winter window so we have 4 signings, I can see another 4 coming in because ETH has seen what Ralph said the club needs 10 players!
Ronaldo will demand to start at least every PL game still (otherwise kicking up a huge fuss) which will leave us with 4 on the bench and an unhappy squad like last season. I hope he's going anyway.

Oranges038

Becks wasn’t exciting, couldn’t beat his man and had no great tricks. But his crossing and dead ball ability were exceptional.
Ronaldo & Nani were our last really exciting right wingers.
What a load of bollocks. First minute alone disproves this nonsense. Did you actually ever see him play?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ten Hag will look a bit foolish then after saying Cristiano doesn't want to leave.
He has only said "that's not what he's telling us".
I just think he's managing the press. If we sign those players, He will show Ronaldo the door imo.

Oranges038

I’d forgotten just how good he was :drool:
Seems to me that a lot of people have.

I hate to see people try and reduce him to crosses and set pieces. He was so much more than that, an exceptionally gifted footballer and he worked harder than anyone else on the pitch.

Dannn411

What a load of bollocks. First minute alone disproves this nonsense. Did you actually ever see him play?

Becks was so special man. So much more than just a crosser and this video shows it. From 99 to 03 he was near unplayable. The first player shirt I ever bought and still a personal hero of mine. Just a shame how it ended with Fergie. Another of those situations where Fergie could have exercised a little more awareness and restraint.

manuchamp88

He has only said "that's not what he's telling us".
I just think he's managing the press. If we sign those players, He will show Ronaldo the door imo.
...In response to Gary saying Cristiano wants to leave, so the implication is clear. If it were true, he could have just said he doesn't wish to comment on transfer rumours, etc. Besides, no-one else will take him and he guarantees goals. I think any rumours were just agent leaks in the hope the squad is strengthened. I bet we hear a different story in this "reveal-all" interview coming once a few more players arrive.

Woziak

Absolute rubbish.
Becks had no tricks clearly never saw him
Play live I remember one virtuoso goal against Real Madrid when we won 4-3, Beckham was one of the most underrated players ever, simply world class in more than just his dead ball delivery now he could play as a deep lying playmaker or as CM that could control the tempo of the game.

Woziak

Exactly and this season is a 5 sub rule where we have no bench to sub currently !

AFC NimbleThumb

If he thinks the reaction to the first 2 games and what will happen tomorrow is pressure, I hope Ten Hag is ready for the extra pressure that will be heaped on him, both from the Glazers and the fans, after giving him all this money to spend on players he wants. That window of time that would normally be accorded other new managers is essentially gone now. Tangible improvement will be expected immediately.
Huh?

The disrespect often dished put to our former players by posters on here is one of the things I hate most about this forum, & there’s a few.

We have had the fortune of watching [though as you pointed out that poster likely hasn’t actually seen us play] some of the best players in recent memory yet thread after thread you’ll find some idiot trying to minimise achievements/talents of our own damn players! Nonsense like that post should result in a ban.

Maureen-yo

I’m assuming you never actually watched United in Beckham’s era then, he would often beat his man with skill before playing sublime defence splitting passes, which he made look easy.
Becks wasn’t exciting, couldn’t beat his man and had no great tricks. But his crossing and dead ball ability were exceptional.

Woziak

Ronaldo will demand to start at least every PL game still (otherwise kicking up a huge fuss) which will leave us with 4 on the bench and an unhappy squad like last season. I hope he's going anyway.
Agree it’s best for all parties if he goes but we need 6 options for 3 striking options with Garnaucho being a 7th wildcard option gently introduced.

Woziak

Becks was so special man. So much more than just a crosser and this video shows it. From 99 to 03 he was near unplayable. The first player shirt I ever bought and still a personal hero of mine. Just a shame how it ended with Fergie. Another of those situations where Fergie could have exercised a little more awareness and restraint.
Totally agree people forget in 1999 he was voted 2nd best player in the world to Rivaldo and was just a great player who had an amazing engine.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I'd love to know where this myth began. Becks was skillful, and more importantly a bloody grafter.

You could argue he wasn't a speed merchant like Kanchelskis before him, but Becks delivery was top 5 in the world.

I swear people have a weird misconception of the pre Ronaldo era

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Totally agree people forget in 1999 he was voted 2nd best player in the world to Rivaldo and was just a great player who had an amazing engine.
Not only that. Between 1999 and 2003 he was voted in the top 8 in the best player in the world category 5 seasons (!!) in a row, including 2nd in 99 and 2001. I wonder how many players in the history of football can say this, can’t be that many. He was a brilliant footballer.

kirk buttercup

Not buying it for a second
Why not? We have Ronaldo , sancho , Rashford, Martial and Garnacho and Elanga

Ronaldo - kicking on and doesn't really want to be here
Sancho - Left winger playing on the right who hasn't exactly set it on fire yet. Talent there but needs players around him
Rashford- hasn't played well in nearly a year and a half. Don't get me wrong he is talented but we need more from him week in week out.
Martial - frustrating, doesn't look interested and even on loan failed to impress
Garnacho - looks like he has potential but is he ready just yet?
Elanga - not sure he is a real prospect. Decent but not sure he will kick on

On top of that we lost Cavani and Greenwood. So my original question Why not?

Cantonalegod

@Red_toad

I assume from you comments that you never actually saw him play!

Beckham was a really great player at United, and through his career.

Always heard bo**ocks about he had no left foot, couldn't beat a player, had no pace etc.

Pretty hilarious comments really

My all time favourite player at Utd since the demise of Best and Charlton, absolutely gutted when he went to Madrid!

A Fergie feckup!

Status
Not open for further replies.