Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know times are tough for a while for people who grew up following the SAF success era, but seriously this is a football forum, let people express their views and opinions as they see fit. Go touch grass or do whatever makes you happy
As someone who’s been here over 20 years on this forum, believe me the current level of negativity has never been lower. Whilst i agree with you, we also have a responsibility to ensure that everyone can have conversations without negativity leaking into every single thread. Over and over again and the season hasn’t even started

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As someone who’s been here over 20 years on this forum, believe me the current level of negativity has never been lower. Whilst i agree with you, we also have a responsibility to ensure that everyone can have conversations without negativity leaking into every single thread. Over and over again and the season hasn’t even started
The club in the past 20 years has never been lower. So people should allow for relative perspective.

RedC

The club in the past 20 years has never been lower. So people should allow for relative perspective.
Nobody wants to read these depressing fecks just constantly ruin every thread, there are literally people going out of their way to find negative tweets about whatever situation is under discussion and only posting them, for weeks on end :wenger:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nobody wants to read these depressing fecks just constantly ruin every thread, there are literally people going out of their way to find negative tweets about whatever situation is under discussion and only posting them, for weeks on end :wenger:
Put them on ignore

Ralph1386

As someone who’s been here over 20 years on this forum, believe me the current level of negativity has never been lower.
That’s simply because the club hasn’t been in a worst state or had a worse season since you’ve been on this forum.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Negativity its not that bad. If you always think that bad stuff will happen, you're prepared for it so when something good happens you enjoy it more. :angel:

GazTheLegend

Sure everyone can, but some start the blame game even after one gossip Tweet and they are just doing bad for their own mental health if they care that much.
It's always the same year after year though. People completely implode before it's even July 1 and we haven't made a signing, go completely ballistic, then by the time August rolls around, we have 2-3 major signings and they all expect us to win the league again. There's obviously a middle ground and you can point to other sides making signings already, but personally I don't believe that tons of signings are the crux of making a good team -ANYWAY-, I vaguely remember spurs using all the Bale money to sign a ton of footballers, have a bad season, only for those players to finally bed in and give them a run at the league title. Players can improve, we've got Garner and Hannibal to mature and come in (I'm certain Garner will play a part as well, he was so good last season for Forest).

Making a team work is the key. The reason everyone was so insanely disappointed last season is because there IS talent in the team, Sancho and Rashford and Bruno have proven as much in the past, and Varane is a four times CL winner. Even Maguire had an excellent season not 2 years ago (which is quickly forgotten), and really if Ten Hag kept the exact same players he's got, I think personally he'd embarass Rangnick and Solskjaer in the results department, against everyone excepting the obvious big guns like City/Pool etc. But for what it's worth we obviously need signings in midfield, it's desperate, but I'm 100% certain we'll make them, just got to be patient. The corollary though is I felt similarly about Ole's first window when we lost Herrera and didn't sign a replacement and felt like our midfield was going to get demolished every game (which ever since then, basically has been.) We need quality there or we're not going to challenge.

Dr. StrangeHate

With all the relatively known strikers already moved. I am interested to see who we get. I love out of the blue singings like Chicharito, Evra, Vidic, etc.

A RB is a must. We just can't start the season with AWB or Dalot as the starter.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm not questioning the reputation of the journalist. This is not my point. I'm talking about an information, not about a person. I don't know that professional. Serious journalists are fed with malicious informations in all areas. A buying club could try to negotiate a value bellow the release clause and suddenly the name Man United is mentioned and the release clause is activated. Its not an absurd scenario. The ammount of players "linked to United" that apparently we lose in the market, gives me the propensity to be sceptical.
You're good re: questioning the journalist. My first post was directed at Judas, anyways.

On the release clause part, I honestly forgot about clubs trying to negotiate a lower fee instead though Porto have always maintained that they wouldn't accept anything less than the release clause (unlike, for example, Sevilla, who were open to negotiations for Jules Koundé from the beginning). Our name being used by Vitinha's camp is probably not a bad shout, though with the way Romano is reporting this, he seems to be doing this based on the perspective of clubs putting in offers for the players. United never did that, whilst that unnamed English club did. However, I wouldn't be surprised if United was monitoring Vitihna's situation as they were with many other players in the past.
That’s BBC passing on La Repubblica. Are they any good/know anything ?
We covered this yesterday, but no, they are terrible. Two more reliable accounts have already denied this from the start.

roseguy64

City got bought by new owners, went down two leagues and then came back up and won the PL in a decade with the new owners so going down to get rid of the Glaziers is not so bad and who cares who we sign if the toxic boardroom continues to manage the club like complete cash greedy Hubris morons!
Ummm... What?

roseguy64

A smart club agrees a deal with Bissouma but doesnt trigger it
If we were actively interested then we would have done so. We regularly discuss personal terms with players. See the latest info about us and Timber disagreeing on that as well as Nunez.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently, Manchester United are interested in David Raum. I'm wondering if this is a typo and he actually meant Newcastle, but he's yet to delete and republish the Tweet.

EDIT: BILD reported on this several hours ago, so no, it's not a typo. Plettenberg just corroborated their story.

Last edited:

GreatDane

Negativity its not that bad. If you always think that bad stuff will happen, you're prepared for it so when something good happens you enjoy it more. :angel:
I don't disagree, but it's one thing being pessimistic and still hoping for the best and then constantly reading others gloomy posts.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Jornal di Noticías

• Arsenal were also interested but have "slipped away".
  • The fee rules out Barcelona, who were looking for a bargain deal.
  • Neves' potential renewal explains why Fulham are being allowed to push harder for João Palhinha.

GreatDane

Apparently, Manchester United are interested in David Raum. I'm wondering if this is a typo and he actually meant Newcastle, but he's yet to delete and republish the Tweet.

EDIT: BILD reported on this several hours ago, so no, it's not a typo. Plettenberg just corroborated their story.
I've scouted Raum thoroughly for about 5 mins so I think I'm an expert now - he looks great really. Wouldn't think left back was a priority so probably not true.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've scouted Raum thoroughly for about 5 mins so I think I'm an expert now - he looks great really. Wouldn't think left back was a priority so probably not true.
In this case, Plettenberg is just reporting our interest and not necessarily indicating that we'll pursue him this summer. I'm just surprised because this is the first time we're being linked to him.

Widow

Source: Jornal di Noticías

• Arsenal were also interested but have "slipped away".
  • The fee rules out Barcelona, who were looking for a bargain deal.
  • Neves' potential renewal explains why Fulham are being allowed to push harder for João Palhinha.
A more likely valuation.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
And bit by bit, I bet these tools have all written about how we've wanted each and every one of them
The Muppetiers are absolute morons if they are counting Evan N'Dicka as a link. This is proof that they don't care one bit about accurate reporting and are more interested in the clicks.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The source is terrible, unfortunately
Not just terrible but an absolute joke, too. First, this is only on their Spanish site (so The United Stand have already misled us here), and it's just one article that summarises the ins, outs, and links for every team in the Premier League. The majority of those links are terrible, too. For example, apparently Braithwaite's linked to Bournemouth. Where'd that come from?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
For what it's worth, Adam Crafton put in a surprisingly positive twist in this report.

We might have a role reversal between Crafton and Whitwell for next season! :lol:
I don't mind all the posturing or whatever, but as I've said before so long as ten Hag has what he needs before the season starts, I really don't care how or when United do their business or who they bring in/ship out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The Muppetiers are absolute morons if they are counting Evan N'Dicka as a link. This is proof that they don't care one bit about accurate reporting and are more interested in the clicks.
Why's that?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why's that?
A lot of their content comes across as arrogant as feck too. I stopped following them because of that. It seems from outside looking in, they seem to throw stuff at a wall and hope it sticks.

Laurencio

This is the sort of Saturday evening rumour I needed. A reliable source reporting interest in someone I have never heard of who has surprisingly solid statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.