Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomebloke

Bloody fecking hell. City is going into season without single lb, Liverpool for years don't have backup for TAA, Chelsea is without single striker but we will keep unwanted player just because we don't have natural backup for first choice player.
No wonder that we suck in selling
Agreed, not good. And we do have Williams. Apparently we also intend to keep Jones and Tuanzebe. You know,to fill those vital 5th and 6th slots at CB.

Gasolin

I know he's entitled to do that but won't it screw up Barcelona's finances. He is due another big raise next year and every remaining year of his contract. It will cause Barcelona to continue to struggle with Liga's financial rules throughout his contract.
None of this makes sense, I still don't understand why a deal was even thought possible if Barcelona had no way to tell him in clear ways that he needs to leave. I wonder if they really can register all the new players now.

Withnail

None of this makes sense, I still don't understand why a deal was even thought possible if Barcelona had no way to tell him in clear ways that he needs to leave. I wonder if they really can register all the new players now.
They have technically registered them all but Laporta had to put the money up for Kounde apparently, so they still need to make room for his wages.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Sky sports saying Ronaldo/Osimhen deal not looking likely
Well, I doubt we’re willing to pay another €100mill for him. Napoli paid €70m one year ago and had a great season for them. So it’s not going to be cheap and very unlikely.

GwilDor

I do think this is the right time to sell Chong. Had a good loan spell there last season.
I’d put a sell on fee in that contract though. Would not be surprised to see him at a mid table PL side in a couple of years.

sparx99

Agreed, not good. And we do have Williams. Apparently we also intend to keep Jones and Tuanzebe. You know,to fill those vital 5th and 6th slots at CB.
I’d prefer a smaller squad but the schedule this season is gruelling and given teams can use 5 subs you have more chances to keep players involved.

SAFMUTD

Dont understand why do we spend on another back up goalkeeper. De Gea is super healthy, I mean he has missed 5 games in the last 11 seasons thats as healthy as it gets. For cup games we have Heaton.

SAFMUTD

This is good. Perhaps Dubravka is the biggest beneficiary of our transfer window - no one could expect him to be a Man Utd player, him included. It came out of nowhere - from a substitute somewhere at Newcastle to a de Gea rival. I bet the guy still can not believe his luck
You're dreaming if you think he'll compete with De Gea. He's a clear second choice.

peridigm

Dont understand why do we spend on another back up goalkeeper. De Gea is super healthy, I mean he has missed 5 games in the last 11 seasons thats as healthy as it gets. For cup games we have Heaton.
It’s not for DDG’s health. He’s just become shit.

city-puma

Aubameyang/Osmihen/Depay
I thought Auba is not good in CF at all. Depay doesn’t seem play there as I understand. No idea about Osmihen. Is it possible that ETH might consider a setup without CF in case Martial is not available? Like Pep did so often?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's not for health reasons. He's here to try and light the fire under de geas ass before we ultimately replace him next summer one way or another.

SAFMUTD

It’s not for DDG’s health. He’s just become shit.
Do you really think Dubraska is going to challenge De Gea? Let's be serious here. He's second choice to Nick Pope. I mean Nick Pope is not bad, but he isn't great either.

SAFMUTD

It's not for health reasons. He's here to try and light the fire under de geas ass before we ultimately replace him next summer one way or another.
I don't think he has the ability to do that, I would have rather kept Henderson to do that. He had a greater chance to desplace De Gea that he'll ever have.

city-puma

Do you really think Dubraska is going to challenge De Gea? Let's be serious here. He's second choice to Nick Pope. I mean Nick Pope is not bad, but he isn't great either.
I guess we don’t really know his performance level at the moment. His no.2 setting in newcastle could be due to their play style. I don’t know. We will find out soon cause the cup games come fast.

ManRed

Still trying to digest the Antony transfer and we already talking about Osimhen in this window. Think I will have to lie down a bit if it happens.

SAFMUTD

I guess we don’t really know his performance level at the moment. His no.2 setting in newcastle could be due to their play style. I don’t know. We will find out soon cause the cup games come fast.
Time will tell, but unless De Gea enters a really really bad patch. I mean something like 2019 where he was gifting goals right and left I don't think Dubraska is even getting a chance.

city-puma

Time will tell, but unless De Gea enters a really really bad patch. I mean something like 2019 where he was gifting goals right and left I don't think Dubraska is even getting a chance.
Who knows. Football is a game full of mistakes. But, in Brentford game, he gifted twice in quick succession. It’s hard to justify considering we are supposed to have the best of the bests. The goalkeepers who did the similar in a single game for mancity and pool were all removed for almost the whole remaining games and let go eventually. I know they seem brutal there but it’s how elite pro sports are about.

SAFMUTD

Who knows. Football is a game full of mistakes. But, in Brentford game, he gifted twice in quick succession. It’s hard to justify considering we are supposed to have the best of the bests. The goalkeepers who did the similar in a single game for mancity and pool were all removed for almost the whole remaining games and let go eventually. I know they seem brutal there but it’s how elite pro sports are about.
That's the way it should be, but De Gea Is playing his 11th season here, and he's on huge wages as well. For good or for worse he has status within the team, I mean he's had awful patches this lasts season and he was never benched. The only time Henderson got his shot was because De Gea was unavailable and as soon as he came back he took the starting place again.

I would have loved if we had signed Keylor Navas, he's second choice in PSG and can definitely challenge De Gea. But Dubraska? No way.

SamMank_86

He could replace him, he’s more or less the same style of keeper but sure as shit much cheaper. Would prefer we signed a ball playing keeper but they seam to be a rare commodity these days

Last edited:

Gasolin

The only explanation could be that he actually challenges De Gea because maybe he provides us with sweeping and a ball passing ability that De Gea doesn't have? Or something like that. I have no idea at this point.

devil99

AWB is low maintenance and decent backup. Few outings on cup games with less pressure and he can go for more than 10m next year.

sleepehead

The only explanation could be that he actually challenges De Gea because maybe he provides us with sweeping and a ball passing ability that De Gea doesn't have? Or something like that. I have no idea at this point.
I wonder if it's to see how this current team would do with a sweeper keeper, we don't have a lot of experience with it so it would be unwise to just buy a GK next summer and expect it to just expect it to work seamlessly. The team needs experience with a proper sweeper and Dean was not willing to stay on the bench to wait it out for next summer. Dean was probably told what he needs to work on and if he can't do it they'll sell him next summer too with De Gea.

Next summer don't be surprised if we target a GK, a RB, ST, a CM (a la FDJ) and maybe a young CB. We'll probably sell Telles, Bailly, Williams, AWB, Maguire if he can't get playing time or Lindelof. Add De Gea and possibly Henderson, and Rashford if he continues to struggle or loses his spot. And maybe a young player like Pellistri or Amad because of playing time. And we haven't even considered VdB if he still doesn't get time.

lysglimt

Scout
And what happened to Liverpools thin squad that one season when they actually were unlucky with injuries ?

justsomebloke

And what happened to Liverpools thin squad that one season when they actually were unlucky with injuries ?
That doesn't mean you can run a squad with the depth that could handle a situation like that, nobody does. You'd have 35-player squads, where upwards of a quarter of the players knew they had almost no chance of playing a single game. The cost would be out of any proportion to the benefit.

lysglimt

Scout
That doesn't mean you can run a squad with the depth that could handle a situation like that, nobody does. You'd have 35-player squads, where upwards of a quarter of the players knew they had almost no chance of playing a single game. The cost would be out of any proportion to the benefit.
No but you want to put us in a situation where we have Dalot... and Williams. We can't let AWB go unless we find a replacement - and we cant buy a replacement simply to let AWB go - we have to buy a replacement which is good enough to be a part of ETHs United. AWB hasn't suddenly turned into a bad player overnight - he is still a good defender who can do the job - and he is still a much better alternative than Williams.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Redcafe doesn’t work that way. Players are either amazing (rarely) or completely shit, need to retire from football etc.
How dare you say AWB can still do a job for us, clearly he has to start working something else, he can’t be a footballer anymore and we demand his contract to be terminated!

Also yes - the only way we’re selling AWB is if we find someone better. And that’s a major IF, great fullbacks are not very common.
People forget that both Dalot and AWB are young and still can develop their game to suit ETH.

Status
Not open for further replies.