Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So ETH thinks having a player around who doesn’t want to be there is good for Man Utd? :houllier:
Is Baldrick his assistant?
I get your point but its risk mitigation from ETH/Negotiation team.
Negotiations are entirely different when you have leverage.

For example, say you have a buyer and a seller, and assume you're the buyer. The seller's price would be dictated by how much his asset would fetch from the market (in this case, no one else other than the buyer is interested), whereas the buyer's value for the asset would be dictated by what other options he/she has.

Now translate that to the footballing situation we have. We have a keeper (DDG who is not good enough but can do a job), Henderson (not tested thoroughly but looks like he is not good enough for the level we want to be), and a goalkeeper we want to buy (ex: Costa).
Now say we let DDG go and sell Henderson to Forest. Then we walk into Porto's offices and ask the price of Costa. That price will skyrocket compared to what they would want now.
Now imagine the same scenario where we feed the media that Henderson might get a shot at Nb 1 if DDG leaves, or feed the media that DDG might sign a new short term contract, and then go to negotiate with Porto. We'd get a far more reasonable price for Costa, because if Porto feck around with the asking price, we'd turn our backs and say "fine, we'll work with DDG/Henderson for a reason then look for other options". Keep in mind Porto reportedly need to sell in order to buy.

Rake

Not much news on McTominay and Martial.
I guess the departure of more important first team players depends on signings and other sales. With the exception of Maguire, the other players mentioned were sure to leave anyway.

cyberman

Actually it probably is - you may want to think through the implications of that scenario?
You think he’ll throw balls into his own net?
We aren’t buying two new keeper in the one summer. It’s that simple really

James35

Really hope we sell McTominay. Massively not good enough and him being a nice lad, McTerminator etc shouldn’t mean anything.

We need money and to increase our overall squad ability. Pointless player, Elanga also.

Martial should be gone (although on his day on a different level to those two) but no one will take him on a permanent transfer and I don’t blame them either.

aeh1991

Whilst I'm glad to see him moved on, I can't shake that Liverpool, City or Chelsea would be selling him for 35/40 million somehow.
Nah that's a bit farfetched. 20m would be a very optimistic price for him and I doubt other teams would be able to sell him for more.

Dan_F

Whilst I'm glad to see him moved on, I can't shake that Liverpool, City or Chelsea would be selling him for 35/40 million somehow.
Nah. I can maybe see a situation where we could have got £25 mill after the Rangnick season, based purely on performances and potential. But I think we kept him a year too long and other teams know he’s probably not going to be a top four level player.

McTerminator

Really hope we sell McTominay. Massively not good enough and him being a nice lad, McTerminator etc shouldn’t mean anything.

We need money and to increase our overall squad ability. Pointless player, Elanga also.

Martial should be gone (although on his day on a different level to those two) but no one will take him on a permanent transfer and I don’t blame them either.
What do I have to do with it? :wenger:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Varane is injured half the season so he'll certainly get the chance.
I guess. I wonder how many of his injuries are associated with the protracted season, the winter World Cup and our punishing schedule - we ended up playing 63(?) games I think.

NLunited

Literally never screwed a single United player. Wants to make sure he has goalkeeper cover, how weird eh? Wind your neck in.
Is wind your neck in an actual expression that is used or a running joke?

Newstyle

Why are we interested in the positions we have the most sorted out (AM/CB)? Should be looking to sign starters to start with..

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Koulibaly vibes.
What do you mean? Koulibaly was 30 years old when he made the switch to Chelsea, and they (Napoli) hadn't won anything of note. He was also on a noticeable decline from the year prior.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Barça's plans for right-back

The sporting directors' priority is for Joao Cancelo to arrive on loan this summer...and to sign Vanderson in 2024.
I wasn't aware that we submitted an offer for Vanderson.

Ludens the Red

Good age, and coming off a league win. Although is he good enough to dislodge Varane/Licha?
I don’t necessarily think it’s about dislodging. It’s competition. City have stones akanji Dias Laporte ake. I know Ake and stones occasionally play in different roles but we really have to have top tier players coming in when we have injuries/suspension/rotate. It’ll be so much better calling on Kim than Maguire.

ArmaDino

Maybe a year ago when he was scoring against Atletico in the CL. Right now I don't think even pool would be able to get anything over 25mil

Status
Not open for further replies.