Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Perfect time to sell McTominay and of course the club won't do it out of misguided belief he's a valuable member of the squad and a future captain of Manchester United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So yesterday I read that we rejected an offer for Maguire and today I’m reading that we are rejecting enquiries for McTominay. This is why we struggle to raise any money in the market and are terrible sellers. McTominay will be sold, eventually, for £5m instead of the £25m we could have conned Newcastle for this summer. City sell players who are far better than Scott in Jesus and Ake and then go and buy even better ones. We are reluctant to part with anyone who is better than a Preston North End level.

McTominay could have probably been sold and Bissouma, or someone else, could have probably been bought with the same fee.
You’re doing it just to anger me now :mad:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You’re doing it just to anger me now :mad:
Geebs soon you’ll be the last person left in the world banging on about ‘Bissouma’s case’, if you’re not already!

Anyway, it was because of you that I added the ‘or someone else’ part:)

Telsim

So yesterday I read that we rejected an offer for Maguire and today I’m reading that we are rejecting enquiries for McTominay. This is why we struggle to raise any money in the market and are terrible sellers. McTominay will be sold, eventually, for £5m instead of the £25m we could have conned Newcastle for this summer. City sell players who are far better than Scott in Jesus and Ake and then go and buy even better ones. We are reluctant to part with anyone who is better than a Preston North End level.

McTominay could have probably been sold and Bissouma, or someone else, could have probably been bought with the same fee.
Yep. I wonder what exactly is pivotal about McTominay in a squad with Fred, VdB, Bruno, De Jong and supposedly Eriksen in it? We should have sold him now and used the funds for an RB or an actual DM.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

TsuWave

views Mctominay as integral and does not want to sell him? Is he OK?

I no longer stand with this manager. We had a good run

binary bot
They‘re our biggest problem, did you not watch us last year? :lol:
I'm talking about the squad and the idea of moving them on. Ideally we buy new players and they're pushed to squad roles. We're not signing enough players this summer to replace the availability they've offered in the last three or four years.

People forget who the rest of the squad is made up with - Varane, Bailly, Lindelof, VdB, Shaw and youngsters who are all question marks.

BarstoolProphet

views Mctominay as integral and does not want to sell him? Is he OK?

I no longer stand with this manager. We had a good run
Agree. The time between the briefing of initial £56m outlay for FDJ and the tweet from Hirst might have been short, but what a ride it was.

sparx99

Yep. I wonder what exactly is pivotal about McTominay in a squad with Fred, VdB, Bruno, De Jong and supposedly Eriksen in it? We should have sold him now and used the funds for an RB or an actual DM.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Homegrown quotas?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
#Feyenoord reached an agreement with #Manchester United last night about Tyrell #Malacia . Now it's up to the player to get out. With that they hijack the deal at Olympique #Lyon

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wait until he notices Martial.

Hag "Schteve, can you move that man sized cone over here, pleashe "
Steve " You mean Martial ?"
Hag "You name them ? "

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Either we have a solid offer for Telles or Shaw was REALLY shit in training.
Bit harsh on Shaw, but I get the flow of squad needing to change, starting from now.

At some point think Shaw still have some chance. He ain't that old and he's not easily outmuscled like Telles.

romufc

Oh thank goodness that we are fully focused on one player! It would be far too difficult for a club to negotiate with more than one player at a time!
yep, because you work at the club you know we only negotiate with one at a time...

Clearly know feck all.

Dazzmondo

I'm not particularly impressed with the rest of our seeming transfer targets or the prices being suggested, but I'm going to praise the Board for this one. €65m+addons is a brilliant price for a player of FDJ's ability and I think he will have a huge impact on our midfield.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
@UnitedSofa @golden_blunder. time to be patient till the end of the window ? New transfer team , new structure new strategy. You guys were very sure what the club was doing and called everyone spoilt, impatient, drama queens etc whoever didn’t agree.
FDJ almost done - seemingly Malacia potentially over the line too. Eriksen likely to sign too.

Plus in talks with Antony.

Give it a few weeks and I think we're due our apology eh @golden_blunder ?

lysglimt

Scout
Why does it have to be a premier league club ?
Bayern signing Mane seemed pretty quick.
Well - one major difference. Liverpool were willing to let him leave as they had a replacement already. Barcelona can't sign anyone - needless to say, that complicates things.

Dazzmondo

I can understand why we wouldn't want to sell McTominay right now. He's probably the only player we have that can kinda play a holding midfield role. He can't play it well but his defensive positioning is decent which we can't really say for any of our other midfielders (not counting FDJ). Maybe Garner's positioning is good too? I don't really know, from what I saw of him last season (only a couple matches and some highlights) he looks like he plays much more advanced than when he first joined Forest.

Dazzmondo

Yay! Admittedly, I've only seen him play 4 full games, but I was super impressed every time. I already feel good enough about him to believe he's an improvement on Telles at least, and he's a good age too.

OleGunnar20

I don't understand what McTom brings to the squad other than what seems like a good attitude. What does he excel at ? I'd much rather youngsters like Garner and Mejbri be given his minutes and some cash brought in for him if at all possible.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can understand why we wouldn't want to sell McTominay right now. He's probably the only player we have that can kinda play a holding midfield role. He can't play it well but his defensive positioning is decent which we can't really say for any of our other midfielders (not counting FDJ). Maybe Garner's positioning is good too? I don't really know, from what I saw of him last season (only a couple matches and some highlights) he looks like he plays much more advanced than when he first joined Forest.
The fact that he ‘can’t play it well’ is reason enough to sell him. This is a transfer window, if our holding midfielder can’t do the job well enough we are not stuck with him. We have the opportunity to sell and sign.

I get it if he had no value, and we had to spend to improve, but he is a player who can be sold and replaced with someone who CAN do the job well with the proceeds. Unless of course it is Declan Rice next summer and nothing else, which I suspect may be our long term vision.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
McTommiany brings you the opportunity to rest the better players whiles he's knocking the ball around against some farmers in the EL.

Dazzmondo

The fact that he ‘can’t play it well’ is reason enough to sell him. This is a transfer window, if our holding midfielder can’t do the job well enough we are not stuck with him. We have the opportunity to sell and sign.

I get it if he had no value, and we had to spend to improve, but he is a player who can be sold and replaced with someone who CAN do the job well with the proceeds. Unless of course it is Declan Rice next summer and nothing else, which I suspect may be our long term vision.
I saw Douglas Luiz of Villa has only 1 year left on his contract and Boubacar Kamara was basically brought in to replace him. I really like Luiz tbh, I'd take him at Utd for sure and he'd probably be cheap. Outside of that I don't think there are many good dms available atm

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Deal for Malacia with Feyenoord done last night. Player still has to negotiate his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.