Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In the initial reports it was suggested that personal terms wouldn't be an issue, wonder if they may be more of an issue than first thought.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Im not complaining about price,good signing.
I just think it takes us a bit longer to get deals done where as other big teams seem to do it seamlessly.
Barcelona are in an awkward situation and want as much as they can get. It was always going to take time. Our fans always hanker after other teams signings, yet some of them might not work.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There Levers will inject some huge cash for them, the first one is due Wednesday and is rumoured to be €210 million for 10% of their TV rights.
Nice. They better spend that money wise, since Bartomeu left so much damage.

On the other hand, United need to speed up completing their targets sooner than later, since chap like Timber fits teams like Barca.

Dante

Average bang
I just think it takes us a bit longer to get deals done where as other big teams seem to do it seamlessly.
This one happened seamlessly. FdJ has missed 0 competitive games, 0 friendlies and 0 training sessions.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
There Levers will inject some huge cash for them, the first one is due Wednesday and is rumoured to be €210 million for 10% of their TV rights.
That is not a „lever“. That is selling future income for a discounted payment now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It is reported by various sources some quite reliable as an economic lever, I was just repeating the term.
Ah, okay. Then they use the term incorrectly. It is not some sophisticated financial modeling. It is selling a future income stream for less to receive the money earlier.
I am not even disliking Barca‘s actions since it might make sense for them. I just wanted to point out that the term „lever“ makes no sense in this context.

M4YON

Ah, okay. Then they use the term incorrectly. It is not some sophisticated financial modeling. It is selling a future income stream for less to receive the money earlier.
I am not even disliking Barca‘s actions since it might make sense for them. I just wanted to point out that the term „lever“ makes no sense in this context.
Well I appreciate the explanation.

lysglimt

Scout
And which other P.L club has this summer signed a quality player from one of the biggest clubs in the world - since you seem to think its quicker for other clubs. It might be, but it makes zero sense to make that statement when you have absolutely no other club to compare us with.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
United will resist any offers for Scott McTominay as Ten Hag sees him as a pivotal player in his first team plans.

It is understood that Newcastle, and another Premier League club, made tentative enquiries about McTominay’s availability earlier in the transfer window.

United insist that they have not received any formal approach for McTominay but if one materialised later this summer, it is understood that they would reject the offer as they do not want to sell the 25-year-old.

McTominay, who has three years left on his contract, is determined to stay and be part of the rebuilding process that is being undertaken by Ten Hag.

The new United manager views McTominay as an integral part of the squad.

M4YON

The Times understands that Youri Tielemans, the Leicester City player, is another midfielder who is of interest to Ten Hag, although it is unclear how highly he features on the Dutchman’s shortlist.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
And which other P.L club has this summer signed a quality player from one of the biggest clubs in the world - since you seem to think its quicker for other clubs. It might be, but it makes zero sense to make that statement when you have absolutely no other club to compare us with.
Why does it have to be a premier league club ?
Bayern signing Mane seemed pretty quick.

romufc

Rip off price, the guy would cost more than what Barca paid for him despite not impressing at barca, if it was the other way round we would be struggling to shift such a player for half of that fee.

Our club is constantly being taken to the cleaners.
He went to Barca for £75m. We are getting him for £54m plus add ons that could reach £75m.

How is that a rip off price for one of the best midfielders?

TheReligion

Abusive
Rip off price, the guy would cost more than what Barca paid for him despite not impressing at barca, if it was the other way round we would be struggling to shift such a player for half of that fee.

You’ve got the numbers wrong you silly little sausage

binary bot
Not the biggest fan of McTominay, Maguire and Fred but they're the least of the squads problems when you factor in their availability.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

They're selling him at a fairly significant loss, the Barca fans are livid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He went to Barca for £75m. We are getting him for £54m plus add ons that could reach £75m.

How is that a rip off price for one of the best midfielders?
People just want to complain even when they are wrong on the facts. It’s also wrong to say have impressed at Barca

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

The Times understands that Youri Tielemans, the Leicester City player, is another midfielder who is of interest to Ten Hag, although it is unclear how highly he features on the Dutchman’s shortlist.
So yesterday I read that we rejected an offer for Maguire and today I’m reading that we are rejecting enquiries for McTominay. This is why we struggle to raise any money in the market and are terrible sellers. McTominay will be sold, eventually, for £5m instead of the £25m we could have conned Newcastle for this summer. City sell players who are far better than Scott in Jesus and Ake and then go and buy even better ones. We are reluctant to part with anyone who is better than a Preston North End level.

McTominay could have probably been sold and Bissouma, or someone else, could have probably been bought with the same fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.