Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I know he's insanely unpopular on here at the moment, rightly so after his performances last season, however I do think there's a solid player in there and I think he was genuinely quite good in his first 2 seasons here so I'm hoping ten Hag can help him recover his form somewhat.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source Globo Esporte and Goal Brasil

A snippet of the Goal Brasil report:
Andreas Pereira wants very much to stay at Flamengo, as we've already said several times, but between Fulham's proposal and what the Rubro-Negro is willing to offer for him at this moment there is a big difference. In addition, the non-fulfilment of the agreement with United weighs. It's very difficult [for him to remain at Flamengo]
From Globo Esporte, Andreas's camp prefers to move the player to Fulham as they're also unhappy with Flamengo, so Andreas is the only one on his side who would prefer to stay at Flamengo.

Note: preferring to stay at a club doesn't necessarily mean that a player would reject or resist offers from other clubs. In Andreas's case, playing regularly at Fulham can give him a better chance of being in the Brazil squad for the upcoming World Cup.

AlexUTD

Source Globo Esporte and Goal Brasil

A snippet of the Goal Brasil report:

From Globo Esporte, Andreas's camp prefers to move the player to Fulham as they're also unhappy with Flamengo, so Andreas is the only one on his side who would prefer to stay at Flamengo.

Note: preferring to stay at a club doesn't necessarily mean that a player would reject or resist offers from other clubs. In Andreas's case, playing regularly at Fulham can give him a better chance of being in the Brazil squad for the upcoming World Cup.
We cannot catch a break when offloading players..unbelievable

Cantonagotmehere

What the heck? Playing for Fulham would be great for him. I get it, he might want Brazil, but this seems like a great opportunity for him to prove himself and get a ton of playing time.

Ahmer Baig

If I was in charge of United, I’d take whatever Barca offered for Maguire and run out of the nou camp before they realised what they’d done.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If I was in charge of United, I’d take whatever Barca offered for Maguire and run out of the nou camp before they realised what they’d done.
Good thing you're not even employed by the club then.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It could be in dollars and it would still be too much!

Ajax is trying to rinse us. I can see Anthony moving if he kicks up a little stink and then should be done with them this year.
We won't pay that for Antony. I think €50-60 million + bonuses.

Martinez would be more difficult as we'd be battling Arsenal.

Ted Lasso

I know he's insanely unpopular on here at the moment, rightly so after his performances last season, however I do think there's a solid player in there and I think he was genuinely quite good in his first 2 seasons here so I'm hoping ten Hag can help him recover his form somewhat.
Yeah I'd put him the category of being able to improve in the right environment. Just a question of whether that can be at United with a new manager

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can see Anthony moving if he kicks up a little stink and then should be done with them this year.
The one downside of that is, if he & his camp do indeed kick up a fuss, then that will ruin United's amicable relationship with Ajax. If that's worth the risk for Antony, then sure, but personally, I'd rather we don't jeopardise that in case we want to deal with them in the future (incoming & outgoings).

Widow

The one downside of that is, if he & his camp do indeed kick up a fuss, then that will ruin United's amicable relationship with Ajax. If that's worth the risk for Antony, then sure, but personally, I'd rather we don't jeopardise that in case we want to deal with them in the future (incoming & outgoings).
Maybe I could have worded that a little differently. I just mean he could ask them to leave, tell them it's his wish and he would be unhappy staying. I didn't mean for him to not show up for training or put in a transfer request etc...

He didn't show for the first day of training, is this because he was allowed extended leave?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Maybe I could have worded that a little differently. I just mean he could ask them to leave, tell them it's his wish and he would be unhappy staying. I didn't mean for him to not show up for training or put in a transfer request etc...

He didn't show for the first day of training, is this because he was allowed extended leave?
He can try that, but I doubt that Ajax would want to let him go if he tries to be nice. Antony has to really show them that he wants to leave for Ajax to lower their demands this summer.

On the training part, I don't know why he wouldn't show up, especially since he wasn't involved with Brazil in the recent international window.

Teja

Combination of shit personal form and Utd having a bad season in general. Defensively he's fine. I think a guy like Mourinho would've gotten him playing well. His struggles really started when Ole decided we needed to press high at the beginning of last season.

This was followed by Rangnick asking him to be aggressive and win the ball played to the striker's feet. Varane's role was to sweep up behind. To Maguire's credit, he succeeds sometimes but when he fails, he has the turning radius of a tank, so there's no getting back in position when that happens.

He's just really shit when he's pressed by the opposition forward. His natural instinct (or rather, what he was asked to do for 29 years) is to lump the ball forward in these situations and now he has to try to fight it to find a productive pass. He's got burned so many times that it really affected his confidence.

Maybe Ten Hag can solve the 2nd issue, but not the first. We need a guy like Bailly or Timber to do this. Quick, agile, nip in and win the ball to feet, get back in position if it's lost. I actually hope Ten Hag gives Bailly a proper chance.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Of course Ajax will rinse us, they must have realised we don't have any scouts and only buy players that have worked with the current manager.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Of course Ajax will rinse us, they must have realised we don't have any scouts and only buy players that have worked with the current manager.
We haven’t ignored the scouts, ETH wants the club to focus on his targers

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Does it matter? or don’t you rate the targets?
I have a slight concern the Ajax players aren't as good as we think. Maybe seeing the likes of VDB, de ligt, de jong, ziyech to an extent all struggle has affected my judgement. I also think it's better to cast a wider net over players across Europe and not just at one club simply because the manger has worked with them.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We haven’t ignored the scouts, ETH wants the club to focus on his targers
Aren't we repeating the same mistake we made with our previous managers? Moyes, lvg, Mourinho all bought their players. I thought the club was moving away from that model and signing players based on a style, a system. I guess we haven't got one yet after last season's shambles.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Aren't we repeating the same mistake we made with our previous managers? Moyes, lvg, Mourinho all bought their players. I thought the club was moving away from that model and signing players based on a style, a system. I guess we haven't got one yet after last season's shambles.
Not my club, but the amount of Ajax players being targeted is alarming to me. It seems Boehly is allowing Tuchel to buy the players he wants, but at least Tuchel is looking at players everywhere and not focused on just players he has worked with. Man Utd has some serious talent in the squad even though some of your fan base dismisses them. Just my thoughts, but loading up on Ajax players is a step down. That is not to say they don’t have a few marque players to grab, but it is crazy how many you are linked to.

Btw, Chelsea can cut you a good deal on Ziyech if y'all are willing to pay the Man Utd minimum of €80m. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.