Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt851

Agreed. But unfortunately, come 1st June 2023 when we've not signed anyone that window, people will forget any 'good' business we did this year and say "here we go again, drag our heels before paying what the club wants on deadline day. It's Fellaini all over again. Shambles"

It's so tiring.
Strange take

Fans are inpatient because the club have been indecision and downright incompetent in the transfer market for many years now. The only way to change this inpateince is for the club to prove themselves competent in the market over a number of windows. As it is why shouldn't fans trust the club?

Also although the de jong deal was likely to take a while, given the number of players that have left its not unreasonable to expect the club to be working on other signings at the same time

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Given he is free I hope we get him but agree
Strange take

Fans are inpatient because the club have been indecision and downright incompetent in the transfer market for many years now. The only way to change this inpateince is for the club to prove themselves competent in the market over a number of windows. As it is why shouldn't fans trust the club?

Also although the de jong deal was likely to take a while, given the number of players that have left its not unreasonable to expect the club to be working on other signings at the same time
1) We had what was widely regarded as a positive window last year, but that's been largely forgotten because of the on field performances. Again, we're looking like having our 'long running' target signed by the end of June this year, positive and a sign of improvement.
2) We clearly are working on multiple signings at once, but we wanted to conclude the De Jong deal before really pressing on with them, probably for budget purposes.

Telsim

Think Erickson is better then both Fred & McTominey. Games where we will have alot of possession Erickson can make creative passes and is more intelligent.
I think Fred can still come good if he is played a bit forward up the pitch. As for McTominay I think he should be sold if we get Eriksen. It'd be a shame if Scott ends up rotting on the bench, I think he can be really good for team in the bottom half of the table.

If we get Eriksen and sell no one our midfield will be unbalanced and overcrowded. If we play Bruno/VdB/Fred - De Jong - Eriksen we will get rolled by any competent opposition. All of those players are just not good defensively. We desperately need a DM and I don't see why we can't move one or more of Fred/VdB/McTominay and buy one.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Barca have been doing it for decades, there was one point in the late 90s early 00s when LvG was in charge where pretty much every one of their buys was either Dutch or from Ajax. It would be good for us to be the next iteration of that method and be known for playing a type of football where players raised in the Dutch philosophies can hit the ground running.

Kramer

We doing this or what ! :keano:
Not that I believe it but if we’re truly in discussions for all three, then surely it must be that we’re sending players the other way as well. Or at least trying.

Amad or Garner perhaps? Maybe a CB (though all the ones we want to sell are shite).

Josep Dowling

Barca have been doing it for decades, there was one point in the late 90s early 00s when LvG was in charge where pretty much every one of their buys was either Dutch or from Ajax. It would be good for us to be the next iteration of that method and be known for playing a type of football where players raised in the Dutch philosophies can hit the ground running.
Back then Dutch football was a lot stronger though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Romano is a victim of his own initial success; imagine the pressure on you to have to constantly make up rubbish at least twice a day to pad out the actual worthwhile information you're fed a few times a week.

The same people baying for his next batch of tweets are the same ones calling him a lier, and yet are consumed in a perpetual loop. He's simply feeding the machine to satisfy its insatiable greed by now.

Granted, he's created the whole thing and it's making him a small fortune.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not that I believe it but if we’re truly in discussions for all three, then surely it must be that we’re sending players the other way as well. Or at least trying.

Amad or Garner perhaps? Maybe a CB (though all the ones we want to sell are shite).
I do have ounce of belief some of the youngsters like Garnacho, Mejbri or Garner can be converted into full fledge system players while they're on the learning curve.

Adding concrete offer on the table to Erkisen makes this window look like honest rebuild. If one of Amad / Pellistri makes it in big football, this could mean loaning out Martial and Elanga in near future, perhaps far going moves than just loan. Still early to say it but I do like what I read at the moment.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Tuanzebe would do well at Ajax and in Dutch football I reckon

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Romano is a victim of his own initial success; imagine the pressure on you to have to constantly make up rubbish at least twice a day to pad out the actual worthwhile information you're fed a few times a week.

The same people baying for his next batch of tweets are the same ones calling him a lier, and yet are consumed in a perpetual loop. He's simply feeding the machine to satisfy its insatiable greed by now.

Yeah, I don't hold any sympathy for him, as it's entirely of his own making - I lament that everyone else has to follow suit in perpetual "updates" otherwise be labelled a fraud or a know nothing.

Chairman Steve

Cant imagine how many idiots he gets everyday tweeting or even DMing something along the lines of ‘bro wtf is up with this player. i guess your a fraud after all fam’

Fox outside the box

Strange take

It's not 'strange', you might not agree with it but it's a pretty middle of the road take.

It's bad logic, saying "well it was bad before so we're right to act out now" and honestly, just pretty ignorant, low IQ type of thinking. Look back and judge it after the window, or after a couple of windows. As it is, you're just sitting by and willing it to be bad. The business so far this window is moving at a somewhat reasonable pace. As long as the bulk of the signings get games on pre season then that's fine.

Treat each situation as it comes and on its own merit. If a pub served mediocre food but changed management and chef, I'm not going to go there and whilst I'm waiting, continually whinge that it might be mediocre again. You're welcome to do so, it's just pointless. Same logic thst leads people to say things like "well X Brazilian didn't work out so should we really sign another Brazilian??"

We're clearly working on other signings and we don't want our pants pulled down over De Jong. Honestly, if the Internet wasn't a thing and people weren't riling each other up, I don't think it would be nearly as bad.

People are checking for updates multiple times a day (pointless) and seeing other people getting wound up, so they reflect the behaviour. People are similar to sheep and often go with status quo. YouTube channels don't help, pretty much all of them are a mess and when they start grumbling you can literally see the comments start to reflect it and by the end of the stream, everybody is seething.

The club don't provide formula updates. Everything you know is what you've seen somebody say online. That person has heard it from someone, who may have heard it from someone and so on. You seem to treat the reports as though they are provided by the club and are a formal notice of updates. We are obviously working on more than one player, no idea how you can dispute that. We don't know the specifics of who and how many we are looking at, discussing etc, we have some news reports, as with every window and as with every window, certain fans treat these as gospel.

We moan when we have leaks, we moan when we aren't informed, when we are informed or commubited to, people say its lies or insincere.

Can I just remind you that this is supposed to be a hobby, a past time. It's borderline weird how angry and obsessive people get. You can sit and stew in your negativity if you like but you're just winding yourself up. If FDJ is signed before our first or second ore season game, all the time yohve spent fretting and getting angry is quite literally a compete waste.

Internet is by far the worst thing to happen to football. Transfer Windows used to fun, it's now just constant whinging, toxicity and stress and no, it's not just because we've been crap. People were like this under Fergie as well.

Dante

Average bang
Romano's guessing.

At best, he has a source that's told him United and Ajax are discussing something. From that point on, it seems to be guesswork what's being talked about behind closed doors. By bringing up three names, it gives him the best chance of being right about one of them.

If he had anything more concrete, the info would be more specific.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah, I don't hold any sympathy for him, as it's entirely of his own making - I lament that everyone else has to follow suit in perpetual "updates" otherwise be labelled a fraud or a know nothing.
Cant imagine how many idiots he gets everyday tweeting or even DMing something along the lines of ‘bro wtf is up with this player. i guess your a fraud after all fam’
Yeah absolutely. It's self-fulfilling prophecy by now, but a carousel he can't get off because these same people pay his bills and hang on his every word.

I find it fascinating that he was/is a major cog in the Twitter scene being what it now is, but has also been consumed by the beast and can't tell a truth because of all the lies used to supplement any given week/run of Tweets/hype.

He's made his bed now, but I bet a part of him longs for the days when he did come across as an oracle of sorts when he did have contacts and inside scoops that provided insights he no longer can.

Kramer

Tuanzebe would do well at Ajax and in Dutch football I reckon
Completely forgot about Axel. That’s a good shoutout.

I def imagine we’re trying to convince Ajax for a couple of loans / loan + option to buy on the cheap deals if we’re going after 3 players in their starting lineup.

I have a feeling even Amad would do very well in a more technical setup like Ajax. Though I’m excited what Ten Hag can do with him, maybe a productive loan makes sense at this point (if we’re targeting Antony).

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is this like David Moyes trying to buy Everton players when he was our manager?

ducks for cover

Status
Not open for further replies.