Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

So after a month of negotiations we haven’t actually signed a player. Excuses made about every single element not being the club’s fault. And our first potential signing isn’t first choice and our 5th LB in the squad.

Glad we are improving though…

cabbs1989

So after a month of negotiations we haven’t actually signed a player. Excuses made about every single element not being the club’s fault. And our first potential signing isn’t first choice and our 5th LB in the squad.

Glad we are improving though…

Piss off with you’re negativity, de Jong malacia are done just no announcements, we have a class new coach who has a plan , there are changes behind the scenes, you can’t please some people, go support spurs then pal

Longlivekeano

Thinking United wants to synchronise and do a banded transfer signing day with all their signings presented together. FdJ, Malachia and one surprise signing (Eriksen? 2nd choice goalie?)

we’ve done this before in 1996 I think with Poborsky, Ole Solsjkaer and Raimond Van Der Howe. Also around 2006 with Nani and Anderson.

Dazzmondo

I'd prefer Tielemans to Eriksen for the 2nd cm spot personally. Think he's a massive talent that has clearly wanted to move to a bigger club for a couple years now. I also personally prefer seeing us targeting players in the 22-25 age bracket than going for players that are either past or coming to the end of their prime. Just too many players around the age of 30 that have burned us for my liking.

Suv666

I'd prefer Tielemans to Eriksen for the 2nd cm spot personally. Think he's a massive talent that has clearly wanted to move to a bigger club for a couple years now. I also personally prefer seeing us targeting players in the 22-25 age bracket than going for players that are either past or coming to the end of their prime. Just too many players around the age of 30 that have burned us for my liking.
Would have loved him a few seasons ago but he's been shockingly bad recently.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Eriksen could be a done deal with player required just to travel for medical and contract signing and that's pretty much it.

Perhaps freeing a squad slot and some funds for Pereira opened new door. Intriguing news in the most positive way, still need more sources to start a snowball effect.

Dazzmondo

Would have loved him a few seasons ago but he's been shockingly bad recently.
He made it pretty clear about 2 years ago he wanted to leave Leicester. Think he just lost all interest in that project. The underperformance of the team as a whole this season probably didn't help matters. You can question his mentality because of that but I personally don't foresee any problems like that at a club like Utd. I just think he feels like he outgrew a club like Leicester. Pretty sure a lot of the top players in the world would feel the same.

worldinmotion66

Thinking United wants to synchronise and do a banded transfer signing day with all their signings presented together. FdJ, Malachia and one surprise signing (Eriksen? 2nd choice goalie?)

we’ve done this before in 1996 I think with Poborsky, Ole Solsjkaer and Raimond Van Der Howe. Also around 2006 with Nani and Anderson.
Van der Howe?? Seriously??!

Keyser

A window where we bring in FdJ, Eriksen and Tielemans is not to be sniffed at, would be a brilliant start at hopefully under £100m leaving some pennies for an attacker

dinostar77

Do we think Utd would have (potentially) gone for martinez if we had got timber from ajax? Interesting as martinez is a CB who can fill in at DM and LB. Timber is a CB who can fill in at RB. Both multifaceted players who offer flexiblility and positional cover.

Charles Miller

I think this is the market now. Majority of young good players will cost at least 40m. This is why is important having a good scouting network and a clear program for the academy.

Blood Mage

Was really hoping we'd sign a RB as I'm not convinced at all with Dalot, AWB and Laird as our options there. If fullbacks are as essential to ETH's system as is claimed then it's strange.

Matt851

Was really hoping we'd sign a RB as I'm not convinced at all with Dalot, AWB and Laird as our options there. If fullbacks are as essential to ETH's system as is claimed then it's strange.
I am still desperately hoping we will

Laird really isn't ready and the other two clearly not good enough. We should desperately be trying to sign a dm and rb but no sign of either

stevoc

Or he was probably not in the list because there was no more space for foreigners? It's about a 25 man squad. Jones was not registered too, as there was no space. Was Jones also a persona non grata?
At the start of the 2020 season we had more homegrown players than any other club in Europe mate so I doubt Romero was left out because he was a foreigner.

https://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/0...grown-players-than-any-club-in-europe-215519/

Here's the squad for 2020-21, United were allowed 17 non-Homegrown players in the 25. We only had 13.

Manchester United
25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Bailly, Eric Bertrand
Borges Fernandes, Bruno Miguel
Cavani, Edinson Roberto
De Gea Quintana, David
Fosu-Mensah, Evans Timothy Fosu*
Grant, Lee Anderson*
Henderson, Dean Bradley*
Ighalo, Odion Jude
James, Daniel Owen*
Lindelof, Victor Jorgen Nilsson
Lingard, Jesse Ellis*
Maguire, Jacob Harry*
Martial, Anthony Jordan
Mata Garcia, Juan Manuel
Matic, Nemanja
McTominay, Scott*
Nicolao Telles, Alex
Pogba, Paul Labile*
Rashford, Marcus*
Rojo, Faustino Marcos Alberto
Santos, Frederico Rodrigues De Paula
Shaw, Luke Paul Hoare*
Tuanzebe, Axel*
Van De Beek, Donny
Wan-Bissaka, Aaron*

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Jones wasn't registered as he was out with a serious injury. He didn't play a game in 2020-21

BTW check the game again vs Sevilla. De Gea was atrocious and in fault for losing against Sevilla. So the decision was wrong.
Not really, Romero probably would have been worse anyway. We didn't lose because of the keeper.

And finally, again what you are saying it doesn't make sense. We should have accepted anything in the summer too. But we didn't. He asked to leave and we valued a 33 years old keeper on high wages with 10 mil. But your explanation is that he was a prick and a raiolo client. Weird.
Again the club said he could leave because of the return of Henderson but they wanted £8m which while a bit high is fair enough as they were up front about it. Everton wouldn't pay it, Romero threw a hissy fit and didn't train for weeks, then the club forced him to train alone as a result of his behaviour and then he ran his contract down instead of pushing for a move in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.