Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

I’m sorry to say but for him to have come out like this-he already has an offer from another club
Why you sorry ?

Or are you one of the fans that actually think we'd have been relegated without him last season ?

Mmm-Qatarian

I wonder if this might be part of the reason why our interest in Antony seems to have been put on hold. If Ronaldo leaves we're probably going to need to see a striker come in to replace him; Martial as the starter with Rashford as a possible stop-gap doesn't seem at all sufficient.

Pearl.Jam

He was never going to slum it in the Europa league so not surprised in the slightest, it’s always been about him chasing individual records and always will be..can’t see anyone paying those monstrous wages though

Idxomer

Anyway, get two out of Ekitike, Gnabry and Dembele and our forward line would be much better than last season.

Blood Mage

I always was sceptical about Ronaldo's willingness to play Europa League football to be honest. I think he'll stay though purely because nobody else will pay his wages.

Dazzmondo

Oh god, this is a nightmare, just when things were looking good. No idea who we could get as a striker now. Missing out on Nunez was an awful mistake if this was known as surely it must have been by people at the club. I still like Jonathan David. Scamacca seems to want to stay in Italy. Genuinely can't even think of anyone else right now.

Wonder if Gnabry would be prepared to join? I would think he can do better though. I know Nkunku just signed a new contract with a release clause of £51m. Anyone know when the release clause becomes active? I assume Leipzig wouldn't have been dumb enough to make it immediately triggerable? If the release clause is there no brainer imo.

Teja

Can we snipe Dembele from Chelsea? Skipping Nunez 'cause we weren't sure how much FdJ was going to cost is going to burn us now.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
He does deserve to go play in the CL, in what will probably be his last one or two seasons at a top level.

Imagine he goes to PSG and we finally get a chance to see both CR7 and Messi in the same team. Ooft

Kramer

Can we snipe Dembele from Chelsea? Skipping Nunez 'cause we weren't sure how much FdJ was going to cost is going to burn us now.
Not at all. Nunez will be the next Lukaku.

Widow

Usually but as far as I know Castles is actually quite good when it comes to Jorge Mendes' clients.
I would usually agree but he got the Ole sacking right and he's supposedly Mendes' mouthpiece.
I can't believe he'd have the drop on every other top journo in the game. I think it's a slow Saturday and he's taking a punt. After all, Ronaldo probably would move on if the right offer came in, we all know he's getting to the end and another crack at CL football must be high on his things to do.

I don't think it would be that big a miss if we got a mobile striker to replace him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Don't think there's a destination for Ronaldo that offers the combination of a better/similar/satisfactory footballing perspective and more/same/similar/satisfactory money as he gets at United.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't see him going to Chelsea personally. It would just be weird. I'd enjoy seeing him go to Bayern though just to see him do it once again in another league.

Varun1

I’m sorry to say but for him to have come out like this-he already has an offer from another club
Wouldn't you say the opposite though? Why put your name out there if you already had an offer?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Can't see him going to Chelsea personally. It would just be weird. I'd enjoy seeing him go to Bayern though just to see him do it once again in another league.
There's absolutely no way Ronaldo joins Bayern.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah I don't see Ronaldo joining Chelsea. Chelsea will not sign everyone.
They won't sign everyone. They need a goalscorer and he won't cost much in terms of a fee.

I think it's obviously a limited number of clubs that can do it.

Chelsea
Bayern
Inter
Milan
PSG
Real

Adamsk7

Bayern seems the obvious choice. Tbh if he’s not willing to stay and give the new manager a chance and help us lift a cup then he can go. He’s a wonderful player but anyone who thinks he “loves” anything other than himself is very much mistaken. It’s actually what makes him so good.

Von Mistelroum

Very much making the right choice. Seemed clear he was waiting to see if we showed any ambition but he can't waste a year at his age. We're fecked without him though because we're not spending money on a striker and if we did then we couldn't afford De Jong.

Superden

we could wait till FDJ is done, and then feck barca off by going for Lewa - assuming he wants to come to us, but then again we have the ££

the_cliff

There's absolutely no way Ronaldo joins Bayern.
You'd think that our fans would be able to see that no major European team wants him and that his best bet would be Roma. Unfortunately the majority of the people here think he's still in the top 5 players in the world and could walk into any team.

ShoePolish

we could wait till FDJ is done, and then feck barca off by going for Lewa - assuming he wants to come to us, but then again we have the ££
Thought we're past wanting 34+ year old stop gaps, especially in positions, that we've just had stop gaps in for last 2 seasons.

Brophs

The One and Only
Honestly, I don’t think we should really worry about what he wants, unless it suits us. This we’re not worthy routine when it comes to him is just weird.

If we can find a striker to either score the goals he would have scored or facilitate others scoring them, great, otherwise let him see out his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.