Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

It's been open 3 weeks and 2 days.

Opened 10th June. Other clubs had been in talks and had deals ready as soon as it opened, some got deals done in a matter of days.

This is typical of Utd, string out a transfer other clubs could do in days.
Haaland to City was in the works for well over 6 months.

Remember Hazard to RM? Took ages. Neymar to PSG took months of speculation... These things aren't exclusive to Manchester United, just seems that way as we suck up everything Journalists throw at us.

The Bloody-Nine

Remember Hazard to RM? Took ages. Neymar to PSG took months of speculation... These things aren't exclusive to Manchester United, just seems that way as we suck up everything Journalists throw at us.
These people don't follow "sagas" involving other clubs. They just see the transfer being announced and assume it took 4 hours to complete.

Matt851

The point with haaland to city is surely the they lined up the transfer in advance of the window. There is nothing stopping united doing that

sparx99

Given the lack of available superstar strikers we could now target I think we need to think about finding the type of striker who could contribute now but get shuffled down the pecking order over the next couple of seasons.

Moussa Dembele or Alexander Isak perhaps. We know Ten Hag can get more out of a limited striker (Haller) so I have faith he could for well with those two.

That being said if the club accept an offer for Ronaldo they should stump up the money for whoever ETH wants.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Since when there is a separate Man United transfer thread? Lmafdsfsdfo I simply clicked under the tweets to open the thread and add it, usually it directs to the overall Transfers Thread.
Get used to the new separate threads or lose access, it’s that simple

golden_blunder

Staff
Yup, to be honest, the original system was the best.
I've no idea who is signing who in Europe, and miss quite a lot of the English tweets also.

The big problem was the lower league tweets (Which didn't bother me)
But if we made a top tier and a anything but top tier, I think that would be best

We'd also see the anything but top tier soon die
Use the live tweet feed and you can still see all the tweets in one place. The threads are really only if you want to engage in the guff

lysglimt

Scout
Given the lack of available superstar strikers we could now target I think we need to think about finding the type of striker who could contribute now but get shuffled down the pecking order over the next couple of seasons.

Moussa Dembele or Alexander Isak perhaps. We know Ten Hag can get more out of a limited striker (Haller) so I have faith he could for well with those two.

That being said if the club accept an offer for Ronaldo they should stump up the money for whoever ETH wants.
Isak doesn't score enough...

sparx99

Isak doesn't score enough...
Yeah, but it’s hard to know how goals scored for Real Sociedad would translate. He got 9 last season but 17 the year before in La Liga at 21-22 years old. I just fancy ETH might get more out of him.

JuriM

Get used to the new separate threads or lose access, it’s that simple
Sound more like a 13 year old tough boy who just got first time somesort of E-power. Geesh some adults these days, instead to be kind and understanding like a normal person.

golden_blunder

Staff
Sound more like a 13 year old tough boy who just got first time somesort of E-power. Geesh some adults these days, instead to be kind and understanding like a normal person.
It’s not like we didn’t inform everyone before the window opened, created 4 separate buckets and stickied them so people could find them. So respect our rules please or find somewhere else

the reason we’re being tough is because everyone should get it at this stage. If you put it in the wrong thread it ruins the point of the filters in the live feed

JuriM

Childish response to a request to follow rules
It’s not like we didn’t inform everyone before the window opened, created 4 separate buckets and stickied them so people could find them. So respect our rules please or find somewhere else
Your demeanor is still like a 13 year old E-boy, buckle up it's gonna be tough ride if you continue that. So much over a little post on wrong thread, I hope you get out of bed with different mood tomorrow chap! All puppys and rainbows over here! Much love :*

golden_blunder

Staff
Your demeanor is still like a 13 year old E-boy, buckle up it's gonna be tough ride if you continue that. So much over a little post on wrong thread, I hope you get out of bed with different mood tomorrow chap! All puppys and rainbows over here! Much love :*
Read the full edited post to find out the reasons and stop being so childish

JuriM

Read the full edited post to find out the reasons and stop being so childish
I hope the transfer window brings you all the sunshine and kisses in the world!
Now on the window, easy we have enough time to get all our transfers set and get the targets the manager's team have set themselves! No need to panic over nothing.

golden_blunder

Staff
I hope the transfer window brings you all the sunshine and kisses in the world!
Now on the window, easy we have enough time to get all our transfers set and get the targets the manager's team have set themselves! No need to panic over nothing.
That we can agree on. We will get some names signed on contracts this week

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Wow what a reaction over simply asking to post in the correct thread :eek:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Much better now.
For most of us we'll concentrate on the player's named thread, and any relevant tweets will pop up naturally in there.
For anyone who just wants United tweets, they're catered for, and anyone who wants to read Chutney posting about some conference south teenager, they are catered for too.

Nero

Interesting how this whole change was instigated as a result of the fallout of Fridge posting lower/non league shite.

Since the changes were made a month back he hasn't posted a single tweet.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Interesting how this whole change was instigated as a result of the fallout of Fridge posting lower/non league shite.

Wonder why…

Some people just get off on being annoying. That was always the case with Fridge. While I prefered the old set up (without Fridge), I think this new one was forced.

Godfather

Much better now.
For most of us we'll concentrate on the player's named thread, and any relevant tweets will pop up naturally in there.
For anyone who just wants United tweets, they're catered for, and anyone who wants to read Chutney posting about some conference south teenager, they are catered for too.
Fully agreed. Don't give two shits about what other teams do so this is very much welcomed.

dinostar77

Use the live tweet feed and you can still see all the tweets in one place. The threads are really only if you want to engage in the guff
Noob question but how do you do that, becuase thats exactly what i want to see

Edit: found it. I really need to explore this site more.

golden_blunder

Staff

Which reminds me to reply to his PM.

fridge held back from posting at my request until the system settled down. I need to tell him that he’s free to go ahead.

Dante

Average bang
And the deal was efficiently signed sealed and delivered before the transfer window even opened.
It wasn't efficient. There have been back-and-forth negotiations and speculation for months. The only way it was efficient is if you ignore the entire lead up and only concentrate on the final few days. But you could do that with any transfer ever made. It was a marathon not a sprint, and you only want to talk about what happened in the final straight.

In any case, it makes no difference if the deal was signed before or after the start of the window. The season is still weeks away and no major players (including Haaland) are even back from holiday yet.

Ralph1386

In any case, it makes no difference if the deal was signed before or after the start of the window.
Yes it does and it takes away from all the uncertainty heading into a new season to have a deal signed before a transfer window even opens, rather than be stuck in a saga during pre-season or when the season is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.