Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

I rate Ten Hag, I rate him enough that I think he can get a tune out of Rashford again. I'd be sad to see him go. If he stinks up the joint this season, yeah I'd happily get rid next summer though.
He'd be a free next year though.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not his biggest fan, far from it, but now is not the time to sell Rashford.

I would get him on a new contract and flog him in a year or two if he hasn’t sorted himself out.

Loony BoB

I would get him on a new contract and flog him in a year or two if he hasn’t sorted himself out.
Agreed, the last thing we need at the moment is to be selling what few wing and striker options we still actually have.

JSC

If we got decent money for Rashford, maybe move Sancho to the left and get Antony in?

ti vu

We all know that bolded part would never happen if new contract involved right?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

The second we give him a new contract, we will be stuck with a useless player for 5 years. He's already paid too much and I wouldn't think he would be too keen to take a pay cut if PSG are after his signature.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I’d carry Rashford on my own back all the way to Paris!
Let’s go!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We all know that bolded part would never happen if new contract involved right?
Perhaps, it depends on the type of pay increase we would give him.

What’s crazy in football and obviously at United, is that there seems to be an unwritten rule that a player will always get an increase at the end of their contract, regardless of their performances.

Saying that, if we offer him a minimal raise with lots of performance related bonuses we could still potentially sell him in a year or two and hopefully get a decent fee.

Maybe I’m just being too optimistic, this is United afterall.

Tiber

We'd be mad to do it purely because the money won't be put back in to buying another attacker. We'd just lose yet another player who would feature for us a lot.
Why would we be mad to get rid of an attacking player who has been hopeless for years

KeanoMagicHat

The article was written by José Barroso, who I'm seeing for the first time. I wouldn't put too much stock into this for now until the more reliable journalists corroborate this.
L’Equipe generally don’t go big like this front of the website/front page story unless they have decent sources from my experience.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Time for United and Rashford to part ways. He's given us some fun moments but I just dont think he really has it in him to perform for us now.
A new life in a new environment.

Judas

Open to offers
Why would we be mad to get rid of an attacking player who has been hopeless for years
Because we won't replace him. Have you watched how hopelessly we've operated in the market this summer, and you want to add another body that needs replacing? Fair enough, thats how you feel.

Tiber

Because we won't replace him. Have you watched how hopelessly we've operated in the market this summer, and you want to add another body that needs replacing? Fair enough, thats how you feel.
He doesnt do much to replace to be honest. And we have been linked to the PSV winger

kirk buttercup

I don't get loads of people on here.. excited when one of our players ( albeit out of form a while now ) is going to be sold. There is a player in there he just needs competition for his spot. We need another to push him on not get rid of him . We have been underwhelming in the transfer market and you want to get rid of a player who potentially be very good? Weird fan base

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't get loads of people on here.. excited when one of our players ( albeit out of form a while now ) is going to be sold. There is a player in there he just needs competition for his spot. We need another to push him on not get rid of him . We have been underwhelming in the transfer market and you want to get rid of a player who potentially be very good? Weird fan base
Exactly.

Say we do sell him?

Who the feck are we gonna get? As we’d need 2 forwards and not one!

We can barely sign Rabiot in a week, what makes you guys think we can sign Gakpo + 1 more forward in 2-3 weeks?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Exactly.

Say we do sell him?

Who the feck are we gonna get? As we’d need 2 forwards and not one!

We can barely sign Rabiot in a week, what makes you guys think we can sign Gakpo + 1 more forward in 2-3 weeks?
He currently offers us very little. Between Mejbri, Elanga and Garnacho, they could replace his 5 goals. There are also plenty of players that could do that too, with upside potential.

ChorltonReds

One year - he has been poor for one year only, and that was when the whole team was poor and the coaching and tactics was all over the show. The season before he played almost every game, despite carrying a long term injury, in the team that finished 2nd, scored 11 and got 9 assists.
Under ETH he can be great again.
The disrespect a local lad who supports United gets is shocking.

jameyzane

There's no way Rashford is going to get a payrise, here or elsewhere. He's on 250k a week while putting in performances not even worth half of that money for over a season.
You underestimate how greedy our players are.

AndySmith1990

In that case, is United driving this by allowing PSG to hold talks with Rashford's camp?
Hmm why are his representatives talking to PSG if he's happy at United and wants to stay? Think I can guess what's happening here

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because even his "hopeless" level is above what Elanga or Amad can currently produce.

Unless you think we'll bring a good replacement in with a couple of weeks of the window left.
Are you a dreamer?

peridigm

Hmm why are his representatives talking to PSG if he's happy at United and wants to stay? Think I can guess what's happening here
Maybe but fortunately we have a manager with zero United nostalgia. Hopefully he's already told Arnold and Murtough to accept a good fee if it's offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.