Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnslig

Such an uninspiring signing. 0% excitement over this. Hopefully the deal falls through. I'd rather McFred honestly.

Surely there's some young, midfield talent out there we could target instead?

croadyman

Such an uninspiring signing. 0% excitement over this. Hopefully the deal falls through. I'd rather McFred honestly.

Go on put forward some names them

AFC NimbleThumb

Go on put forward some names them
Exactly how I’m beginning to feel. So many posters will immediately write off a signing [Im not overjoyed about this one tnh] but the second you say ‘who would you sign’, it’s suddenly’not my job’ etc.

So if it isn’t your job to suggest why is it your job to deride.

Rabiot, Tielemans, Neves, SMS, in each of their threads you’ve naysayers for no apparent reason. Let’s judge the squad on September 1st & if the manager wants a player, he’ll live &/or die by their success.

AaronRedDevil

Wouldn’t mind selling Rashford as long as there’s a buyback clause. He’s still young enough and could be useful when United finally get there shit together.

croadyman

Exactly how I’m beginning to feel. So many posters will immediately write off a signing [Im not overjoyed about this one tnh] but the second you say ‘who would you sign’, it’s suddenly’not my job’ etc.

Rabiot, Tielemans, Neves, SMS, in each of their threads you’ve naysayers for no apparent reason. Let’s judge the squad on September 1st & if the manager wants a player, he’ll live &/or die by their success.
Yeah sometimes ones you aren't keen on end up really surprising, likewise there are players we have been buzzing about signing but flopped.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I understand people being a bit skeptical about this deal but not such strangely extreme reactions. He's obviously far more talented than Mctominay, a guy who can't trap or pass the ball half the time and tackles opponents when trying a piece of skill. Rabiot hasn't fulfilled his potential but by all accounts he's always been considered to have ability. Our chap can't get a game in midfield for Scotland.

So, why would you want to stick with our current midfield? If ETH wants him, he has a plan for how he'd fit in. And he does play for France who aren't a bad team

Daengophile

We are clearly taking the wrong approach with FdJ. Murtough needs to fly out to Holland, don some clogs and have a few pints of advocaat with his mum

Yagami

Good post resistant

There are many press resistant midfielders available.

Arthur, Lobotka, Amrabat, Sergi Darder, Matheus Henrique, Merino.

In all the Juve games I've watched these past two seasons, he's not had one good performance. Lightweight, disinterested, lazy passes that should be easy to make. There's a reason that, despite Juve having a very poor midfield last year, he was moved to the left. It's because he was the worst of the lot.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I understand people being a bit skeptical about this deal but not such strangely extreme reactions. He's obviously far more talented than Mctominay, a guy who can't trap or pass the ball half the time and tackles opponents when trying a piece of skill. Rabiot hasn't fulfilled his potential but by all accounts he's always been considered to have ability. Our chap can't get a game in midfield for Scotland.

So, why would you want to stick with our current midfield? If ETH wants him, he has a plan for how he'd fit in. And he does play for France who aren't a bad team
McTominay has had more good games for us than Rabiot in general these past two years, and I am no McTominay fan.

People really have no clue as to how Rabiot has been performing at Juve considering the acceptance of this potential transfer.

He may have a honeymoon period here, but it's more short sighted bs like the Eriksen transfer. Get in some press resistant midfielders who will have a positive impact for the long term.

Judas

Open to offers
I trust McTominay who actually cares about the club, as limited as he is, to put a better shift in. I just think this bloke is going to underwhelm long term, massively.

Just look at what Juve fans think of him, not sure why people would choose to ignore all the warning signs.

Highfather_24

Just look at what Juve fans think of him, not sure why people would choose to ignore all the warning signs.
For the same reason people ignored Maguire's slowness, or AWB/James lack of technical ability. We all would like to believe that all signings will work out. But for Utd, most dont.

Also the "if Rabiot's so bad, suggest alternatives" take is so so stupid. There were more than a dozen talented midfielders which have switched clubs this summer, while Utd sat there. Bissouma, Kamara, Vitinha, Ruiz the list goes on. If the best we could think of was Rabiot, that's just depressing.

Highfather_24

This is dumb. So if I dont suggest alternatives to Arnautovic, I cant say that he will be a shit transfer, although its obvious that he will be?

Its common sense to suggest that its better to sign a young, upcoming and hungry player, rather than an off form player who might be on the decline with a lot of baggage and drama surrounding him.

You dont need to produce a transfer scout list in order to say a signing might not work. That's bizarre. Although there were many other ball winning midfielders we could have actually gone for this summer on the cheap like Kamara, Bissouma, Bruno Guimarães, Sangare etc.

AFC NimbleThumb

This is dumb. So if I dont suggest alternatives to Arnautovic, I cant say that he will be a shit transfer, although its obvious that he will be?

Its common sense to suggest that its better to sign a young, upcoming and hungry player, rather than an off form player who might be on the decline with a lot of baggage and drama surrounding him.

You dont need to produce a transfer scout list in order to say a signing might not work. That's bizarre. Although there were many other ball winning midfielders we could have actually gone for this summer on the cheap like Kamara, Bissouma, Bruno Guimarães, Sangare etc.
Dumb is moaning about something then when being harmlessly asked to make suggestions talk about ‘more than a dozen players’ but list the same few players in multiple posts.

As for your second paragraph, typical Caf strawman as I certainly haven’t said we shouldn’t sign ‘young, upcoming’ players so not sure who that rant is aimed at. Moving further onto things nobody said, when did I say you ‘need’ to produce a scout list? I said if you can do one then you can do the other.

People are simply being asked to throw a few names into the hat as alternatives, no one’s asked for a dozen names or full scout reports. Dumb is the overreaction you’re having to being asked to further the conversation.

CM

Not really sure what to make of this one. De Gea certainly shouldn't go unchallenged but any keeper we do find at this stage of the window (and as a back-up) isn't likely to be particularly great.

I'd be tempted to say go on the look for first-choice goalkeepers for next summer instead. That way we can replace him properly, although it would also be nice if we could gradually phase him out during the season.

Highfather_24

I said if you can do one then you can do the other.

People are simply being asked to throw a few names into the hat as alternatives, no one’s asked for a dozen names or full scout reports.
Why, why exactly do you have to "throw names into the hat", in order to say Rabiot might be a shit signing based on the clear red flags?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wouldn’t mind selling Rashford as long as there’s a buyback clause. He’s still young enough and could be useful when United finally get there shit together.
Serious? He's 25 years old FFS!

Hackman2210

Couple of things.

Rashfords agent is called Dwayne - wont end well for either party.
Targets - total clusterfeck, its like pulling names out of a hat at random, embarassing.
Sales - what sales? Lets loan everyone and pay their wages in the hope they can raise their profile and we can get a fee for them after the damage playing for us has done to them.
Overall view - dumpster fire. To many regime changes, 9 years to get us into this mess, 2-3 years to get out.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Couple of things.

Rashfords agent is called Dwayne - wont end well for either party.
Targets - total clusterfeck, its like pulling names out of a hat at random, embarassing.
Sales - what sales? Lets loan everyone and pay their wages in the hope they can raise their profile and we can get a fee for them after the damage playing for us has done to them.
Overall view - dumpster fire. To many regime changes, 9 years to get us into this mess, 2-3 years to get out.
@Dr. Dwayne

Jacob

I trust McTominay who actually cares about the club, as limited as he is, to put a better shift in. I just think this bloke is going to underwhelm long term, massively.

Effort counts for shit if you have zero talent.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Also the "if Rabiot's so bad, suggest alternatives" take is so so stupid. There were more than a dozen talented midfielders which have switched clubs this summer, while Utd sat there. Bissouma, Kamara, Vitinha, Ruiz the list goes on. If the best we could think of was Rabiot, that's just depressing.
I think Rabiot might be okay, but, yes, it's just nonsense to be pretend there hasn't been players on the market, and at reasonable fees. Viera, Enzo Fernandez, Nunes, Bennecer, Caqueret could all be added to that list as well. All would have been under 40 million early in the summer.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

I think Rabio might be okay, but, yes, it's just nonsense to be pretend there hasn't been players on the market, and at reasonable fees. Viera, Enzo Fernandez, Nunes, Bennecer, Caqueret could all be added to that list as well. All would have been under 40 million early in the summer.
Yep. I dont think Rabiot will be a bad signing, he is a decent player if he's heads in the game, but we could have and should have done better.

Acole9

Outstanding
I know the back up goalkeeper chat tends to get a lot of moans and groans but we do need one. I know it's not the most exciting of signings but we are short in that area now Henderson and Grant have gone.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ooh I have an idea! We could sell Henderson and use those funds to buy a new young GK to challenge de gea!? Oh no. He’s on loan. The fact his media interviews have forced the club to decide he isn’t the future rather than his attitude which surely those interviews just reflect is bonkers to me. We do not sell anyone. Ever.

georgipep

Ooh I have an idea! We could sell Henderson and use those funds to buy a new young GK to challenge de gea!? Oh no. He’s on loan. The fact his media interviews have forced the club to decide he isn’t the future rather than his attitude which surely those interviews just reflect is bonkers to me. We do not sell anyone. Ever.
He is on 120k/week,who would buy him?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Yeah sure you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.