Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Oh yikes. Rabiot is a difficult one because I have seen him play some outstanding matches for France, but his stats at Juve are abysmal. Then on other hand he is playing on the left for Juve, which might hurt his stats.
Anyways. If he does come I hope he succeeds.
They are only bad for last season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A new RB is essential. You won’t see the best of whoever we have on the right wing without a massive upgrade in that position.
I agree. That Celtic right back looks a possibility but Chelsea are also interested.

Chairman Steve

How is missing out on Werner an embarassment? :houllier: A £50m forward that misses for fun in his time in England.

And like Chelsea would sell him to us anyway, let alone for a reasonable price.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
A new RB is essential. You won’t see the best of whoever we have on the right wing without a massive upgrade in that position.
True. It is as important to upgrade on Dalot as it is to sign a midfielder and a striker.

Gordon S

Getting a keeper that is comfortable using both feet would do wonders for the football we want to play. Now feels too late however. A strong defensive midfielder that can shield defense, break up play and also pick a pass is of course key for this season, imo. Getting a goal scoring threat from the right is another key position. A right back that is just solid would be great as well. A strong striker also crucial.

Busy days for Arnold and Murtaugh…

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
McTominay has had more good games for us than Rabiot in general these past two years, and I am no McTominay fan.

People really have no clue as to how Rabiot has been performing at Juve considering the acceptance of this potential transfer.

He may have a honeymoon period here, but it's more short sighted bs like the Eriksen transfer. Get in some press resistant midfielders who will have a positive impact for the long term.
If people have "no clue" about his performances for Juve then why it this entire thread one tear fest?

Let's see. I fancy him out performing Mctominay if he comes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If people have "no clue" about his performances for Juve then why it this entire thread one tear fest?

Let's see. I fancy him out performing Mctominay if he comes.
Because he’s not de Jong to most.

I remember a lot of people saying Donny was better than Scott. I told everyone Donny would be worse. People expecting Rabiot to be better haven’t watched him for Juve. He may have a honeymoon period, but he’ll be deadwood come the end of the season.

The only way this is a success is if he makes a complete u-turn in regards to his mentality. It’s not just the fact that he has been bad at Juve. He’s been lazy, disinterested in matches, and it shows when he makes teammates stretch for a simple short pass that brings them under immense pressure immediately when it should be as comfortable as it gets.

Eplel

I remember a lot of people saying Donny was better than Scott. I told everyone Donny would be worse.
And you were wrong. As ineffective as DvB has been, he's not cost us multiple games like McT has. And you have to take into consideration that DvB was terribly treated by Ole, while McT was unshakable from his starting position despite being constantly shit.

Yagami

Good post resistant
And you were wrong. As ineffective as DvB has been, he's not cost us multiple games like McT has. And you have to take into consideration that DvB was terribly treated by Ole, while McT was unshakable from his starting position despite being constantly shit.
Donny has cost us, though. There was a time where, as usual, he played it safe instead of an easy pass to a forward, put the defense under pressure and conceded.

He’s a lot worse than Scott. He was crap at Ajax so it’s nothing to do with his time here.

I don’t even rate Scott but Rabiot and Donny are no better. Donny is easily worse. Rabiot can be better but doesn’t seem arsed anymore.

Eplel

Donny has cost us, though. There was a time where, as usual, he played it safe instead of an easy pass to a forward, put the defense under pressure and conceded.

He’s a lot worse than Scott. He was crap at Ajax so it’s nothing to do with his time here.

I don’t even rate Scott but Rabiot and Donny are no better. Donny is easily worse. Rabiot can be better but doesn’t seem arsed anymore.
You're either 100% delusional, or you're Scott's mom browsing the forum.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You're either 100% delusional, or you're Scott's mom browsing the forum.
How am I Scott’s mum when I was one of the first people on here saying Scott wasn’t good enough?

Matt851

Getting a keeper that is comfortable using both feet would do wonders for the football we want to play. Now feels too late however. A strong defensive midfielder that can shield defense, break up play and also pick a pass is of course key for this season, imo. Getting a goal scoring threat from the right is another key position. A right back that is just solid would be great as well. A strong striker also crucial.

Busy days for Arnold and Murtaugh…
Supposedly we are looking to pay £7m for a keeper which won't get us much

Eplel

How am I Scott’s mum when I was one of the first people on here saying Scott wasn’t good enough?
You were just trying to throw us off. Your true intentions are now obvious.

(In any case, I think that in football you cannot assess a players ability fairly if he has not been given proper chances, and a streak of games, and in Donny's case, he has not been given that, so we can suspect he's really shit and we can retain some home, but for McT we are sure that there is no hope.)

Yagami

Good post resistant
You were just trying to throw us off. Your true intentions are now obvious.

(In any case, I think that in football you cannot assess a players ability fairly if he has not been given proper chances, and a streak of games, and in Donny's case, he has not been given that, so we can suspect he's really shit and we can retain some home, but for McT we are sure that there is no hope.)
He must get his height from his dad then!

I don’t think either are good enough. Even for our current low standards. I saw enough of Donny in a much weaker league where he was a starter and he never impressed me. Didn’t in Ajax’s brilliant CL run either. His general play was always too weak for me.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread!

Drz

Even when we are at our lowest the ABU's can't help themselves, can they? Probably jealous we are still alive despite 0 success.

I have no problem with a United fan claiming to be embarrassed by so and so... But a journalist claiming we should be embarrassed because our new management (Murtough, Arnold and ETH) had the capacity to self-correct is taking the p*ss.

georgipep

We didn’t want to sell him. Just like we didn’t want to sell him when Chelsea were willing to offer huge money then went and got a better keeper for much less. It’s only now he’s done his media interviews that we’ve decided he has no future here and are now looking for a number two keeper to challenge De Gea for the price of 7m.
I hope that's not true as it would be really moronic behaviour from the club, considering De Gea not willing to move and us not having the balls to truly bench him. But I must admit it makes sense and fits the timeline. Sad...
On the bright side, if we buy smart and go for a promising young keeper, it can be the beginning of the end for David. As much as I love his mug he has been detrimental to our ambition since Moyes got the sack.

CM

How is missing out on Werner an embarassment? :houllier: A £50m forward that misses for fun in his time in England.

He mentions us ignoring Rangnick's recommendations but none of the ones he mentions in the article are strikers anyway :lol:

This window has been a joke but if you're going to stick the boot in, at least make it somewhat relevant.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

He went for €30m which is about half of your valuation, no?

CloneMC16

Supposedly we are looking to pay £7m for a keeper which won't get us much
I just read that on Twitter. The club are mad if they think we'll get anybody good for so little.

We signed De Gea for over double that in 2011.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm okay with journalists twisting the knife at this stage. The club hierarchy received a free pass for far too long. Anything that makes the ownership less comfortable is good.

Drz

I'm okay with journalists twisting the knife at this stage. The club hierarchy received a free pass for far too long. Anything that makes the ownership less comfortable is good.
No I am not.
I have no problem with fans criticizing the club, even protesting the owners. I even back the recent google rating attempt. But any thing that would generate a toxic atmosphere around the playing squad and the fan's capacity to support it, I am against. Because that undermines any little bit of good work that's done, and there is not much.

Lukcshits' post is a blatant attempt to gain clicks and drive sentiment around a notorious club.

tomaldinho1

It isn't because it happened. McTominay's games in our wins vs City, Leeds, Liverpool to name a few these past couple of seasons were better than anything Rabiot produced at Juventus in the past two years.
McT has had a handful of good games, usually when we set up to counter against a risk taking attacking team (as is the case in all those games you mentioned) because his role is simple and based around his strengths which are more physical than football related. ETH has zero interest playing this brand of football, the role he wants McT to play is going to be a real stretch. I'm not going to pretend I have regularly watched Juve but I find it hard to believe that Rabiot, who seems to usually start for Juve and France doesn't offer more on the ball than McT. I actually like McT as a cover/squad player, he has a great attitude and engine but his decision making and positioning is below average.

It looks like Rabiot is off anyway looking at media reports about his salary demands, either way any of the players we've been linked to : Tielemans, JWP, Rice, milinkovic-savic etc. would upgrade on McT. It's an easy position to upgrade.

RORY65

No I am not.
I have no problem with fans criticizing the club, even protesting the owners. I even back the recent google rating attempt. But any thing that would generate a toxic atmosphere around the playing squad and the fan's capacity to support it, I am against. Because that undermines any little bit of good work that's done, and there is not much.

Lukcshits' post is a blatant attempt to gain clicks and drive sentiment around a notorious club.
It's a tweet by a guy who works for the local newspaper, it's not going to impact anything. He's giving his opinion on his social media feed, there were plenty of puff pieces giving a positive spin at the start of the summer about how good the new structure was at United and how different things are now at the club compared to under Woodward if that's all you want. United were trying to sign Marko Arnautovic literally this week, how can that be presented as the actions of a well run club?

Drz

It's a tweet by a guy who works for the local newspaper, it's not going to impact anything. He's giving his opinion on his social media feed, there were plenty of puff pieces giving a positive spin at the start of the summer about how good the new structure was at United and how different things are now at the club compared to under Woodward if that's all you want. United were trying to sign Marko Arnautovic literally this week, how can that be presented as the actions of a well run club?
I am not looking for spin negative or positive.
But with Anaut-sh*t-head the people that would pull the trigger didn't, I think thanks to the fans.
So criticizing that initial idea is fair, and being grateful they didn't do it is fair too. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about in a null-sum-game, besides being owned by a bunch of tw*ts.

C3Pique

Icardi :lol:

It's as if we're trying to compile the world's biggest dickhead collection. Why not go the whole hog and buy Mendy from City, and let Greenwood back into the squad.

Ted Lasso

It's August 12th, heading into match week 2. And yet this reads like the setup at the beginning of the window. Madness that these folks get paid such large figures to run this club and continue to be off the hook for continuous failures of all sorts.

Loony BoB

It's August 12th, heading into match week 2. And yet this reads like the setup at the beginning of the window. Madness that these folks get paid such large figures to run this club and continue to be off the hook for continuous failures of all sorts.
It shouldn't really be a dramatic shock that we haven't started some of our transfer work before ETH was able to review his team during pre-season. We got some already, and I'm sure we'll get more. There's also the fact we were holding on as long as we could for FDJ which makes sense if there was an opportunity to do so. With that in mind, I'm not worried about the fact we're heading into match week 2 (especially when the World Cup pushed the start of the season two weeks earlier than normal).

What does concern me is the calibre of some of the players we've been going for, but I'll reserve judgement until signings are actually made on that end. If we get either FDJ or SMS, I'll be pretty happy with those signings. Rabiot doesn't inspire me in any way, but if he's cheap, at least it means competition for places if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.