Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Ooh I have an idea! We could sell Henderson and use those funds to buy a new young GK to challenge de gea!? Oh no. He’s on loan. The fact his media interviews have forced the club to decide he isn’t the future rather than his attitude which surely those interviews just reflect is bonkers to me. We do not sell anyone. Ever.
Says in Whitwell’s article they value him “well above 20 million”. I think that’s about his value at the best of times, but he’ll drop in value now that his contract is a year off, he’ll let in goals at Forest, and everyone knows he has publicly burnt bridges at United.

Generally, as soon as a squad player starts whining, big clubs should just sell them on quick. United almost do the exact opposite…

Red_toad

Not really sure what to make of this one. De Gea certainly shouldn't go unchallenged but any keeper we do find at this stage of the window (and as a back-up) isn't likely to be particularly great.

I'd be tempted to say go on the look for first-choice goalkeepers for next summer instead. That way we can replace him properly, although it would also be nice if we could gradually phase him out during the season.
We need an Andre Onana or Mike Maignan style of keeper, both would have fallen into United's budget and been much more suitable for Hag ball. But no long term planning makes it difficult for United. Agree no idea who we'd go for this last in the window, probably someone no one wants.

Edit maybe Diogo Costa who we've been linked to last month would be of interest..

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

This isn’t me praising McTominay, I’d be happy if him or Fred never played for us again. I don’t see Rabiot as any sort of great upgrade. And where did I say he’d put no effort in?
There are levels between Rabiot and McT and Rabiot isn’t even elite level. Some of you guys have become so used to mediocrity in the CMs you’ve forgotten what good players look like, McT wouldn’t start for most PL teams and that’s not an exaggeration.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There are levels between Rabiot and McT and Rabiot isn’t even elite level. Some of you guys have become so used to mediocrity in the CMs you’ve forgotten what good players look like, McT wouldn’t start for most PL teams and that’s not an exaggeration.
McTominay has had more good games for us than Rabiot has for Juve these past two years. He's been that bad.

mobmob

Gakpo isn't close to Rashfords level, yet I may add. Antony I'd say isn't there just yet either but is a lot closer.

And that's even if we went out and spent the money again, we've saved a fortune in wages since last season and had a stupidly low spend this summer so far
Sorry to call you out, but not up to Rashfords level?? Which Marcus Rashford have you been watching for the last two years?? He's been absolutely garbage, ability and attitude! I would much rather we started Garnacho week in week out than Rashford! Even if Garnacho will make more unforced errors!

Yagami

Good post resistant
How has Rabiot been a regular starter for both Juve and France?
Because Juves midfield is absolutely terrible. He was so bad last year that Allegri moved him to the left, and he was terrible there, too.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Sorry to call you out, but not up to Rashfords level?? Which Marcus Rashford have you been watching for the last two years?? He's been absolutely garbage, ability and attitude! I would much rather we started Garnacho week in week out than Rashford! Even if Garnacho will make more unforced errors!
Last season yes he was terrible, the season before he got 36 G/A in 57 games. Last season has blinded a lot of people's minds, sure if he doesn't improve let him go, but to replace him a week into the season with an unproven winger from the Eredivise is idiotic, when we have so many gaping holes in our squad. We've hardly spent anything this summer, so we should be able to add to the squad without selling off starting 11 players.

If we really wanted Gakpo and he was as good as people are claiming then 35m wouldn't be an issue for us. I'd like us to sign him yes, but to compete and add depth to the squad rather than solving an issue and then creating the same issue straight away, i.e if he doesn't perform we have got no one to step up and produce for us much like the issue we had last season with Rashford in terrible form.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That’s genuinely impossible.
It isn't because it happened. McTominay's games in our wins vs City, Leeds, Liverpool to name a few these past couple of seasons were better than anything Rabiot produced at Juventus in the past two years.

georgipep

Newcastle wanted him. Both in January and earlier this summer. Or - and here’s a novel idea - we pay him some money to then make money.
I read about the Newcastle links, not sure why they faded away, I assume they couldn't agree terms with him and/or us.

As for paying him to leave, it really depends how much and what we get as fee, doesn't it?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Well the main issue Juve fans seem to have with him is lack of effort.
Juve fans didn't really like Kulusevski and Bentancur. My long time Juve supporting mate even told me that Kulu was one of the worst attackers who played for them. Cant really trust them.

Lyng

Juve fans didn't really like Kulusevski and Bentancur. My long time Juve supporting mate even told me that Kulu was one of the worst attackers who played for them. Cant really trust them.
Oh yikes. Rabiot is a difficult one because I have seen him play some outstanding matches for France, but his stats at Juve are abysmal. Then on other hand he is playing on the left for Juve, which might hurt his stats.
Anyways. If he does come I hope he succeeds.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I read about the Newcastle links, not sure why they faded away, I assume they couldn't agree terms with him and/or us.

As for paying him to leave, it really depends how much and what we get as fee, doesn't it?
We didn’t want to sell him. Just like we didn’t want to sell him when Chelsea were willing to offer huge money then went and got a better keeper for much less. It’s only now he’s done his media interviews that we’ve decided he has no future here and are now looking for a number two keeper to challenge De Gea for the price of 7m.

RedMilo

It isn't because it happened. McTominay's games in our wins vs City, Leeds, Liverpool to name a few these past couple of seasons were better than anything Rabiot produced at Juventus in the past two years.
Offensively yes he can bring the ball forward from midfield, just by pure power than skill I would say however, and there is a big BUT, you can tell he wasn't started as a central midfielder, and has been moved back there over the years. Why, because he doesn't sense danger, and that is a fundamental attribute for anyone play in that central midfield position - he just doesn't see danger, and that leaves Utd vulnerable. I don't think Rabiot is the answer but Scott McT, is always going to be limited, not his fault by the way, he always does his best, he would have made a good Championship level centre forward in my opinion.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Offensively yes he can bring the ball forward from midfield, just by pure power than skill I would say however, and there is a big BUT, you can tell he wasn't started as a central midfielder, and has been moved back there over the years. Why, because he doesn't sense danger, and that is a fundamental attribute for anyone play in that central midfield position - he just doesn't see danger, and that leaves Utd vulnerable. I don't think Rabiot is the answer but Scott McT, is always going to be limited, not his fault by the way, he always does his best, he would have made a good Championship level centre forward in my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, mate. I don’t, and have never, rated McTominay. Even in the academy he was pretty bad, and I was gobsmacked when José promoted him just to prove a point to Pogba. Rabiot is technically a better footballer. However, he has been awful these past two seasons. Worse than McTominay without a doubt.

and for the French National team?
I don’t watch them. I have watched nearly every Juve game since Arthur joined and he’s not had one good game.

In Rainbows

I just hope his new club doesn't strictly view him as an attacker based on where he was played in preseason.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don’t get me wrong, mate. I don’t, and have never, rated McTominay. Even in the academy he was pretty bad, and I was gobsmacked when José promoted him just to prove a point to Pogba. Rabiot is technically a better footballer. However, he has been awful these past two seasons. Worse than McTominay without a doubt.

I don’t watch them. I have watched nearly every Juve game since Arthur joined and he’s not had one good game.
Cheers. I haven’t seen much of him but did notice he’s a regular for both club and country which does feel at odds with him being rubbish.

The coaches must see a player in there

James35

Guaranteed new improved contract incoming. Just hope everyone is as upset by it as they were with Bruno getting his.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Cheers. I haven’t seen much of him but did notice he’s a regular for both club and country which does feel at odds with him being rubbish.

The coaches must see a player in there
The only reason he played at all last season was because Juves depth was shocking. Worse than ours. There was a period where they had like 2 first teamers on the bench and 10 kids from the academy just to fill up the numbers.

Even with their shocking depth and injury woes, Allegri still didn’t want him in central midfield because he was a liability. They are desperate to get rid, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, it’ll be to us.

He’s obviously technically gifted. More so than McTominay. He just hasn’t performed for the two years I’ve been watching Juve and we don’t need players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.