Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Mourinho wanted the same. Spoke up about particularly rotten eggs and was crucified by posters for it.

Ole said this and then changed his tune to keep in line. Posters ate it up and we've had to debate whether or not the likes of McTominay and AWB are good enough for United.

Rangnick said the same, did not change and created quite a public fuss about it. A vocal portion of posters didn't like the players being so outwardly exposed and turned on him as if had been a terrible manager for us for several years rather than an interim with just a few months overseeing a dysfunctional unit.

So what happens with ETH? Do we want him to shut his trap and do the best with the players at his disposal? Or are we finally ready to turn the screw on the Glazers and club hierarchy that's brainwashed the fans into accepting this slowly destructive ownership.

I'll admit I've given the club a pass for way too long for the sake of not being an entitled fan.
There is an ocean of difference between acknowledging that the squad needs improvement with Mourinho’s carry on around summer/beginning of season in 2018. Not at all comparable.

Ted Lasso

There is an ocean of difference between acknowledging that the squad needs improvement with Mourinho’s carry on around summer/beginning of season in 2018. Not at all comparable.
Jose was maybe the canary in the coal mine. At least for me. We had won an FA Cup, the Europa League and CC and come in second for the first time in a while. So hearing about his issues with the squad didn't hit the same as they do now. So agree, but just to point out that we as fans have stuck by the players and club owners for way too long on this , always blaming the manager. Maybe time to redirect

Dazzmondo

Source:

More info here (in Italian)

United's initial offer for the player's terms are "a couple of a million less" than the player's €7m wages at Juventus. Veronique, however, wants the wages to remain the same at United.
Hope we hold firm. His current wages are too high for a player of his level and no other club is going to go anywhere near him.

edcunited1878

Hope we hold firm. His current wages are too high for a player of his level and no other club is going to go anywhere near him.
That's 5.9M Pounds per year and divided by 52 weeks is approximately 114K Pounds per week. Something seems off, but I'd say he's worth around 150K...that's fine.

edcunited1878

Fair to assume they're demanding that after tax
If it's 14M Euros gross, that is 11.8M Pounds (before taxes), then that makes more sense as if you split that 50% for tax purposes. That 11.8M pounds is equal to 227K per week. That would be too high and needs to be under 190K.

Edit: I can't do math this morning, not good as I need to be functioning today! If that 227K is deducted in half because of tax, then the net would be more in line of what the original thinking was 7M Euros net. That does seem a bit high for someone going for a transfer of around 15M Pounds, but he would probably be an immediate starting XI player.

Dazzmondo

That's 5.9M Pounds per year and divided by 52 weeks is approximately 114K Pounds per week. Something seems off, but I'd say he's worth around 150K...that's fine.
He's on €172,500 per week which is just under £150k per week according to https://www.capology.com/club/juventus/salaries/. He is not that good. If he does underperform as is probably more likely than not imo, he would be another example of a player we'd be stuck with due to his high wage. £120k per week would be more than fair and even that would likely make him hard to move on if he doesn't perform well.

edcunited1878

He's on €172,500 per week which is just under £150k per week according to https://www.capology.com/club/juventus/salaries/. He is not that good. If he does underperform as is probably more likely than not imo, he would be another example of a player we'd be stuck with due to his high wage. £120k per week would be more than fair and even that would likely make him hard to move on if he doesn't perform well.
At this point, him not doing well would mean his floor is higher than McTominay's...which is a great start. I'm all for getting wages under control, but it's not like he'll cost a bomb for an area of the pitch where United are stacked. If Rabiot is anywhere near Matic's output level, but with much more stamina and endurance, then I'm all for it because that benches McTominay and allows Fred to player higher up the pitch, in addition to other central mids.

Dan_F

Salaries are reported in net for Italy and due to lower tax rate for high earners over there, we would probably need to pay a lot to give him an equivalent to what he’s on now.

Same reason why people laughed at Pogba’s wage, forgetting it’s net.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What's the latest on rabiot, SMS and FDJ?
Murtough met with Veronique today and left Turin ~30 minutes ago. We've not pushed forward on SMS despite contacting his agents a few days back. We're still waiting for de Jong to have the final say (i.e. no updates).

Lee565

Yep, there is a reason nobody is touching him and why juventus want rid, it is no different to the rubbish we have on our books and want rid of but nobody will pay their high wages.

I would prefer we go into this as just a loan with option to buy seeing as juve want his wages off the books

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hasn't this guy got a fairly poor track record on transfers this summer? McCarthy would be no better than Heaton so can't imagine we're interested.
He only got it wrong with Vitinha, and that was the first time he got it wrong in a while.

sparx99

Yep, there is a reason nobody is touching him and why juventus want rid, it is no different to the rubbish we have on our books and want rid of but nobody will pay their high wages.

I would prefer we go into this as just a loan with option to buy seeing as juve want his wages off the books
As somebody pointed out earlier this is the same club who sold Kulusevski who looks a star at Spurs. They've also moved on De Ligt and rumours were even flying around Chiesa. They seem to have a very scattergun approach to team building themselves and judging who they want to move on doesn't mean a player is bad.

sparx99

I don't mind Utd waiting on FDJ etc but how they've got this far into the window without doing the easy deal like a 2nd string goalie blows my mind. Even under Woodward, we'd get those ones done early.

Zed 101

I am guessing ETH primary observation having been at Utd a while will be "kon het niet organiseren om dronken te worden in een brouwerij"

My primary observation, I am going to be watching the womens team this season.... how come we can make decent signings for the womens team BTW?

Lee565

As somebody pointed out earlier this is the same club who sold Kulusevski who looks a star at Spurs. They've also moved on De Ligt and rumours were even flying around Chiesa. They seem to have a very scattergun approach to team building themselves and judging who they want to move on doesn't mean a player is bad.
And spurs had the sense to take kulusevski on loan first, see no harm with us doing the same with rabiot and with kulusevski he looked brilliant player at parma, don't think the same can be said for rabiot who has always come across as an ok player but not stand out

sparx99

And spurs had the sense to take kulusevski on loan first, see no harm with us doing the same with rabiot and with kulusevski he looked brilliant player at parma, don't think the same can be said for rabiot who has always come across as an ok player but not stand out
It's not an option though, right. Rabiot only has one year on his deal so Juventus have no incentive to loan him out. £15m is less than a 3rd of what we paid for Fred, half a van de beek. It's a low-cost, low-risk option.

McTerminator

There’s no scenario where a comparison between Cantona and Rabiot has any merit or sense, other than both being French.
Both being French and both being problematic characters? Cantona’s problematic character being one of the main reasons he was made available?

I’d say that’s a pretty relevant comparison.

I’m not saying for one second they’re in the same universe when it comes to talent, but it does prove that signing a player most won’t take the chance with can work.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't mind Utd waiting on FDJ etc but how they've got this far into the window without doing the easy deal like a 2nd string goalie blows my mind. Even under Woodward, we'd get those ones done early.
But he had a lot of experience - he had signed about 20 of them so after a while, it was a walk in the park

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Murtough met with Veronique today and left Turin ~30 minutes ago. We've not pushed forward on SMS despite contacting his agents a few days back. We're still waiting for de Jong to have the final say (i.e. no updates).
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.