Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantonagotmehere

Ten Hag must be regretting coming here at this point
I am getting worried he will abandon ship. He will still be highly thought of and get another great job easily. Not many could blame him. I truly hope he does not, I think he is the man to turn us around for the long term.

Ahmer Baig

I believe the agents are leaking these news just to get better contract for their players.

Man Utd being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fecker wants a new contract so decides to take the piss out of us.

ti vu

Fecker wants a new contract so decides to take the piss out of us.
RM is ruthless. They would sell if we stupidly offer what they ask. Unlike Barcelona, RM don't owe wage so the player can easily be Di Maria out of the door.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
So obvious he is doing a "Ramos 2015" to get a better contract.
Yeah, we're so far from that level to be used to get better contracts, I'm guessing the theory then was that we'd pay more AND still fight for honours, now we just pay more, Madrid would just say "go ahead".

Better off linking yourself to City/Liverpool/PSG these days.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely unreal that anybody can seriously hold this view.
Even if you don't believe all the stories about Joel G interfering directly in transfers (Martial, Thiago, Ronaldo etc.) - who do you think is responsible for the signings (lack of sales) we've made over the past 15 years, the contracts we've offered and renewed and so on? Even if you now believe it's entirely on Murtough/Arnold, who appointed them? Who gave Woodward power?
When we sold Ronaldo and lost Tevez and replaced them with the likes of Owen and Obertan and Fergie said there was no value in the market (when we should have been buying Silva and Aguero for £30m who would have given us a decade of top level footy), who was responsible for that?
Who has allowed yet another new manager to start the season for a squad that's not fit for purpose?
Who - despite promises over the past few years - has still not appointed a genuine Director of Football?
They are 100% responsible for the transfer mess.
I won't lie they are clearly the genesis of the problems, but this particular transfer window - which is what we're talking about, they have got a structure in place to do the deals the "transfer committee" and the manager wanted. They've put all the eggs in the De jong basket, rightly or wrongly. They counted on Ronaldo for this season only for him to shove two fingers up at them. The buck is firmly with manager and committee this season. I'm also not saying sack them either, btw, it's clearly the first time this structure has been in place, so it will take time to get right, but they're not off to a good start.

TheReligion

Abusive
I won't lie they are clearly the genesis of the problems, but this particular transfer window - which is what we're talking about, they have got a structure in place to do the deals the "transfer committee" and the manager wanted. They've put all the eggs in the De jong basket, rightly or wrongly. They counted on Ronaldo for this season only for him to shove two fingers up at them. The buck is firmly with manager and committee this season. I'm also not saying sack them either, btw, it's clearly the first time this structure has been in place, so it will take time to get right, but they're not off to a good start.
:wenger:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It has been reported that ETH wanted Ronaldo gone weeks ago and Joel would not let him sell him.

Ted Lasso

Owners are responsible for setting the culture of an organisation. Ours is rotten and defined by incompetence
This (the comment you replied) is what I was referring to. Seen a surprising number of Glazer sympathizing over the years.

justsomebloke

It’s a good read but this time last year the pitchforks were out for Arteta and Edu. No one was singing their praises. The only way to stay ahead of the media and chopping block is to keep winning. A win against Liverpool (yeah I know wishful thinking) and the spotlight turns to them. All the nice talk about their amazing summer signings will turn into questions about Mane.
Oh yeah, they had a truly horrible opening to the season last year. I remember watching their shitshow against Brentford and thinking "this can't possibly last long before they fire Arteta". But you'd assume they started winning because they had a good plan, stuck to it and it worked. We on the other hand appear to have no plan, and to stick only to carrying on in the same way we have.

What they did last summer was quite brave. They invested heavily (more heavily than any other team in fact) in a number of signings who were clearly designed to address specific needs, and none of whom were can't-miss, big name signings. They could do that because Edu and Arteta worked on the basis of a common vision of where they were and where they wanted to go, and were backed by the board. Not just for acquisitions, but just as critically for departures. Can we imagine something like the Aubameyang operation happening at United? Avram says no.

sparx99

He will. Brighton is usually less direct than PL average, yet Potter went out his way to target Martinez. And now it's a common knowledge as it's shown to be practical tactical sound. It's the same as DDG being targeted during corner. We then forever trapped in having to protect DDG during corner defending. The flaw is too huge to ever be eliminated, which leads to restriction on profile of signing in other position. For example, LVG still had to play Fellaini when he should have another creative midfielder to help with creativity issue.

Vidic and Evra are nothing unorthodox about their positions. Their price tag also means that they're different kind transfer to Martinez. Evra is pretty much a punt when we had 3 other players who can play LBs: Heinze (injured for the rest of the season when Evra joined), Silvestre who started most for this period, John O'Shea who previous starter in our PL winning campaign LB pre Heinze. Malacia kind of signing is more like the modern day Evra signing.

Vidic was signed when we need a quality partner for Ferdinand. Brown never developed well. Silvestre was too error prone as CB. O'Shea is squad quality at best. Heinze is not fancied as CB much by SAF for some reason unknown to the public (height, physicality???). Vidic was signed for £7mil, which is considered big fee from Russian league, but still very cheap for someone at the time was part of a famed mean Serbian defensive wall.

Why not comparing Martinez signing to Mata? Big fee, clearly a quality player but his profile compatibility with the team was questioned from very beginning. De Ligt just moved to Bayern for around 70mill euro guarantee and 10mil Euro in bonus. Do your own currency exchange, but I am pretty sure it's not that much more expensive than Martinez fee. There is certainty of expectation come with the big fee.
He won’t be. Liverpool don’t have Nunez next week. Do you think they’ll lump the ball to Jota?

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol: we're having the piss taken out of us. Below a laughing stock.

How do we enter possibly the most important transfer window of the PL era and make it worse than what we started it with? How Sway?
I’m not sure why people get so triggered by the media?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
A question with a question..

The point is I’m not sure why anyone is arsed about what the media publish. It’s always been the way. It’s no big deal.
My question answers yours ;) of all the clubs that could be used for these stupid stories, why us?

TheReligion

Abusive
My question answers yours ;) of all the clubs that could be used for these stupid stories, why us?
Because United still remain one of the biggest clubs in the world and biggest in England. Whatever happens they generate interest. It’s easy to make headlines. Even more so when the club is struggling.

Still no idea why fans get angry at the club and triggered by it. It’s almost as if they are new to following the club.

ti vu

He won’t be. Liverpool don’t have Nunez next week. Do you think they’ll lump the ball to Jota?
Now you're talking about one game where Nuno is suspended, with both Firmino and Jota out injured.

Liverpool is at high level. They don't necessarily have to play long ball there. VVD is capable of pin point switch play to Salah, TAA, so they don't need to play percentage long ball, and basic pressing game. What they can do in later state is spamming cross from left wing over, and have Henderson, Fabinho overloading this side with whoever their CF would be.

What is about future? Would you say when Nunez, Firmino available they wouldn't do so. Other teams wouldn't use that tactic? Ain't you contradicting now? Championing Evra, Vidic short term set back, then using one off game where opposition lack option to say teams wouldn't target a flaw in long term.

Last edited:

flappyjay

Because United still remain one of the biggest clubs in the world and biggest in England. Whatever happens they generate interest. It’s easy to make headlines. Even more so when the club is struggling.

Still no idea why fans get angry at the club and triggered by it. It’s almost as if they are new to following the club.
People are in denial about it because of our on field issues but Manchester United still remains the biggest club in England and top 3 in the world. Anything in the news with Manchester Uniteds name on it creates a buzz.

OmarUnited4ever

Yeah, we're so far from that level to be used to get better contracts, I'm guessing the theory then was that we'd pay more AND still fight for honours, now we just pay more, Madrid would just say "go ahead".

Better off linking yourself to City/Liverpool/PSG these days.
My thoughts exactly.

Real Name

Surely nobody believes we're after fekin Casemiro. More chance of a meteor hitting Earth right about now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I just don't ascribe to the idea we can't do anything because of the Glazers. May as well just have no nuance to any discussion about our structure.
It has been reported that ETH wanted Ronaldo gone weeks ago and Joel would not let him sell him.
By one person, who's a known mardy arsehole. Feck knows if that's even true or more of an opinion with him.

sparx99

Now you're talking about one game where Nuno is suspended, with both Firmino and Jota out injured.

Liverpool is at high level. They don't necessarily have to play long ball there. VVD is capable of pin point switch play to Salah, TAA, so they don't need to play percentage long ball, and basic pressing game. What they can do in later state is spamming cross from left wing over, and have Henderson, Fabinho overloading this side with whoever their CF would be.

What is about future? Would you say when Nunez, Firmino available they wouldn't do so. Other teams wouldn't use that tactic? Ain't you contradicting now? Championing Evra, Vidic short term set back, then using one off game where opposition lack option to say teams wouldn't target a flaw in long term.
I'm just pointing out that he's not the first defender to have a couple of bad games early on after a move to a new league. Mascherano and Cannavaro managed fine. Martinez we will have to wait and see. The PL is nowhere near as physical as it used to be and judging a player after two games, particularly one where De Gea put 2-0 down, seems silly. If he was such an easy target why didn't Ajax get stuffed in the CL last season?

UpWithRivers

I believe the agents are leaking these news just to get better contract for their players.

Man Utd being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Nah that was our first choice targets. Now we're after Toms fifth cousin, Dicks neighbors friend who played football for Sculthorpe and Harrys sisters pet groomers brother in law.

Lee565

Considering we have pointlessly chased de Jong for for the entire window. I can believe they would aimlessly chase casimero

Dan600

At this point I feel like this was the plan though right? Tell ETH he needs to sell likes of Garner/Bailly, loan out Hannibal/Amad etc in order to bring in his preferred transfer targets. Sell several more of the squad, sign no one, leaves us brutally lacking in squad depth (and actual relegation candidates in the event of an injury crisis), BUT, at least its quids in for the Glazers while punishing the fans for daring to protest against them...

I'm hoping I can put an /s on this, but tbh I'm not so sure anymore...

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I am getting worried he will abandon ship. He will still be highly thought of and get another great job easily. Not many could blame him. I truly hope he does not, I think he is the man to turn us around for the long term.
I hope he does in some ways, I'd love someone to state publically who has been at the club what a disaster it is in full detail.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
On Matheus Cunha and the interest of Manchester United

The sources consulted by Cadena SER are categorical:

They are not negotiating for Cunha and refer to the clause because he is a bet for the present and future.

They have not received an offer for Cunha to date.

The player is happy in Madrid, is content and wants to succeed at Atletico Madrid so he has not considered leaving at the present time.
Key points translated:

Status
Not open for further replies.