Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uniquim

With respect to the multiple loan discussion - The maximum loans in one season is 4 - and Dubravka and Butland take up 2. So limit now would be 2 more loans. I'll be happy if we get 2 more options, but suspect it'll only be 1.
Dubravka has left?
Loan rules:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

[source]

So we can only loan one more player as long as Butland sticks around, which I suspect he might.

EDIT: This are rules for loans between English clubs only. Missed that part. Apologies.

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Loan rules:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

[source]

So we can only loan one more player as long as Butland sticks around, which I suspect he might.
So no felix then :(

Unless Depay comes on a free as well - just can’t see them signing only the 1 striker when Martial is so injury prone

ChorltonReds

Loan rules:

[source]

Do you mean 1 plus Weghorst? You can have more than 2 at once, but only max of 2 from premier league clubs - so we could have Butland, Weghorst and a.n. other from abroad.

Uniquim

Do you mean 1 plus Weghorst? You can have more than 2 at once, but only max of 2 from premier league clubs - so we could have Butland, Weghorst and a.n. other from abroad.
Woop. You're right. Missed the part about that only being loans from other English clubs. Apologies.
Muppet hats back on. :drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Loan rules:

[source]

Cheers.

So you can only have two active loans but you can register, then unregister, up to four?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We have gone for so called top quality before and it has failed miserably. If we sign him and it works, he is the right signing.
Like that Igaho, or whatever, from China, if we signed him it would be back to the old days.

The other options are fairly underwhelming too. Depay, never go/take back. Felix, has barely ever scored more than a handful of goals in a season.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s hilarious seeing all these quotes floating around recently about how we’re only looking to bring in quality and have previously wasted loads of cash on players who weren’t good enough. Yet at the same time we’re being seriously linked to the likes of Wout Weghorst! A guy who couldn’t hit a barn door for Burnley last season but is seemingly good enough to help us secure top 4? :houllier:

Matt851

We have gone for so called top quality before and it has failed miserably. If we sign him and it works, he is the right signing.
The last time we signed a highly rated striker was lukaku and we appeared to completely misunderstanding his strengths

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Like that Igaho, or whatever, from China, if we signed him it would be back to the old days.

The other options are fairly underwhelming too. Depay, never go/take back. Felix, has barely ever scored more than a handful of goals in a season.
Who do you think we can get with next to no money from owners that had to overspend in the summer and are now trying to sell.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s hilarious seeing all these quotes floating around recently about how we’re only looking to bring in quality and have previously wasted loads of cash on players who weren’t good enough. Yet at the same time we’re being seriously linked to the likes of Wout Weghorst! A guy who couldn’t hit a barn door for Burnley last season but is seemingly good enough to help us secure top 4? :houllier:
Judging an attacker for their work under Dyche at Burnley probably isn't the fairest. We've also seen and know that Ten Hag can take players to new levels, he did it at Ajax, and we're already seeing it here.

He's not the big money superstar signing for a summer window either, he's a loan signing in january, who play a role literally no other player in our squad does.

TheReligion

Abusive
A bit of a blinkered view don’t you think?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think a lot of his comments were more to do with us signing players that didn't fit what was needed at United, did not have right character either. As I said if this works, he is the right signing on a short contract for little money.

ShinjiNinja26

Judging an attacker for their work under Dyche at Burnley probably isn't the fairest. We've also seen and know that Ten Hag can take players to new levels, he did it at Ajax, and we're already seeing it here.

He's not the big money superstar signing for a summer window either, he's a loan signing in january, who play a role literally no other player in our squad does.
I get we’re currently strapped for cash at the minute and can’t go out and splash mega money on a striker but surely there’s better options out there than Weghorst? He’s a big target man that obviously offers something different to what we currently have but that doesn’t mean a thing if he’s shite. I want us to sign someone that will contribute with goals in the limited amount of games they do play and from what I’ve seen of this fella he ain’t the guy. That said I’m certainly not going to question ETH and if he sees something in him then fair enough but I’d even take Depay back over this guy and I’m someone who really doesn’t want Depay back! :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I get we’re currently strapped for cash at the minute and can’t go out and splash mega money on a striker but surely there’s better options out there than Weghorst? He’s a big target man that obviously offers something different to what we currently have but that doesn’t mean a thing if he’s shite. I want us to sign someone that will contribute with goals in the limited amount of games they do play and from what I’ve seen of this fella he ain’t the guy. That said I’m certainly not going to question ETH and if he sees something in him then fair enough but I’d even take Depay back over this guy and I’m someone who really doesn’t want Depay back! :lol:
He’s not shite though which is the point? His current season record is 1 in 2 and he’s even got a few assists to go with. He even performed well when called upon in the WC against high level opposition.

I appreciate you’re digging at his Burnley record when they went down but tell me who was servicing him that season? Dyche was dead and buried and they were shocking.

He’s not just a big lump. He’s good at link up play and possesses good movement on and around the box.

As an experienced back up player who offers something different for a low price/wage what’s not to like?

ShinjiNinja26

He’s not shite though which is the point? His current season record is 1 in 2 and he’s even got a few assists to go with. He even performed well when called upon in the WC against high level opposition.

I appreciate you’re digging at his Burnley record when they went down but tell me who was servicing him that season? Dyche was dead and buried and they were shocking.

He’s not just a big lump. He’s good at link up play and possesses good movement on and around the box.

As an experienced back up player who offers something different for a low price/wage what’s not to like?
I’ll take your word for it then. The reason I bring up his Burnley record is because that’s the only time I’ve really seen him play was when he was in the Prem. Maybe it was just a case of Burnley being shite and if ETH feels he can contribute something then I can get behind it. I know it’s only a 6 month loan but who we sign this month could be the difference in securing top 4 or not so we need to make sure it’s someone who’ll actually contribute when playing and not just another body for the sake of it.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’ll take your word for it then. The reason I bring up his Burnley record is because that’s the only time I’ve really seen him play was when he was in the Prem. Maybe it was just a case of Burnley being shite and if ETH feels he can contribute something then I can get behind it. I know it’s only a 6 month loan but who we sign this month could be the difference in securing top 4 or not so we need to make sure it’s someone who’ll actually contribute when playing and not just another body for the sake of it.
I mean you don’t need to take my word. His record this season is there to see. As were his performances at the WC.

He’s done well in Holland and was prolific in Germany. The blip was the Burnley season when they went down.

I’m willing to trust our gaffer tbh.

ShinjiNinja26

I mean you don’t need to take my word. His record this season is there to see. As were his performances at the WC.

He’s done well in Holland and was prolific in Germany. The blip was the Burnley season when they went down.

I’m willing to trust our gaffer tbh.
That makes it a lot more palatable then if his Burnley spell was more of an exception rather than the rule. I trust the manager 100% so if he feels he’s the man then I’m all in.

Dannn411

At this point we might as well stick with what we've got and hope someone other than Rashford starts producing. We did it to ourselves by blowing £200m in the summer including yet again blowing £80+m on one player who is struggling to meet expectations. Ten Hag has to work with what he's got. He has been backed.

roseguy64

That makes it a lot more palatable then if his Burnley spell was more of an exception rather than the rule. I trust the manager 100% so if he feels he’s the man then I’m all in.
So you did no research and were basing it entirely on one half season? Interesting.

ShinjiNinja26

So you did no research and were basing it entirely on one half season? Interesting.
Considering it’s only a stop gap 6 month loan deal then yes I can’t say I did much research into his career history. The fact he did alright in Germany means feck all as well as we’ve seen countless examples of players doing well there and not replicating the same form in the PL. I was judging him from his time here as that’s the league he’ll be returning to, granted Burnley were shite so that probably would’ve had an impact. Anyway if the manager wants him then who am I to question him.

roseguy64

Considering it’s only a stop gap 6 month loan deal then yes I can’t say I did much research into his career history. The fact he did alright in Germany means feck all as well as we’ve seen countless examples of players doing well there and not replicating the same form in the PL. I was judging him from his time here as that’s the league he’ll be returning to, granted Burnley were shite so that probably would’ve had an impact. Anyway if the manager wants him then who am I to question him.
I too am not too favourable of the transfer but I realise he's done elsewhere so will give it a chance.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s clear that maguire was just at villa, asking for directions for how to get away from villa.

Gazza

Wout Weghorst
is a Dutch workhorse
Countless goals he scores of course
He looked quite shite when he played for Dyche
Wout Weg, Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.