Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Is this a joke? Chelsea are hardly good examples of an effective operation under their new owner. They've spent a shed load, are tenth and look absolutely shite.
I meant chelsea are also reactive and suffered for it under new owner

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That is my point they have been so reactive like us that they paid over the odds for random talent
I think you're being very unfair on the club. Ten Hag was eventually backed in the summer, albeit after the club hierarchy realised how poor some of the starting players were at the time. Ten Hag's signings have been really good. The club overspent in the summer, which was necessary to give Ten Hag a chance of top four, and as a result there is now no money in January. Also, the club is for sale.

Judas

Open to offers
At this rate we going to once again get mugged off and pay way over the odds just for a loan of a bang average striker, this is what happens when you don't operate as a proactive club, just look at Chelsea under the new owner
Imagine being jealous of how Chelsea are currently operating :lol: the football manager generation on full display.

Kostov

If it's true that we can't even pay 20m for Moukoko, it's perfect example of how overpaying in the summer affects our dealings. Our season is fecked if we don't bring a capable striker this month.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think you're being very unfair on the club. Ten Hag was eventually backed in the summer, albeit after the club hierarchy realised how poor some of the starting players were at the time. Ten Hag's signings have been really good. The club overspent in the summer, which was necessary to give Ten Hag a chance of top four, and as a result there is now no money in January. Also, the club is for sale.
It’s crazy people still seem to think Casemiro was a reactive signing when the deal was done before the crap results.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It’s crazy people still seem to think Casemiro was a reactive signing when the deal was done before the crap results.
I also find it funny people have been desperate for the owners to sell, and they finally are yet people are now bemoaning the lack of spending in January. It was obvious the club wasn't going to spend big when it is expected to be sold in the first quarter.

TheReligion

Abusive
I also find it funny people have been desperate for the owners to sell, and they finally are yet people are now bemoaning the lack of spending in January. It was obvious the club wasn't going to spend big when it is expected to be sold in the first quarter.
I’m sure some are trolling, others just thick and some simply don’t understand.

Longlivekeano

Why can’t sell off or loan some of our reserve players to desperate EPL clubs in botttom half trying to salvage their season. I am sure P Jones, Brandon Williams or Axel will be a decent signing for them…

Lee565

Imagine being jealous of how Chelsea are currently operating :lol: the football manager generation on full display.
When said about us being reactive I was using chelsea as a similar example of doing the same thing under boehly

sparx99

When said about us being reactive I was using chelsea as a similar example of doing the same thing under boehly
Reports have suggested the Weghorst deal has been in the works since December. It’s got some complications but clearly they didn’t just come up with the idea last week.

TsuWave

Lukaku the obvious one.

As he just said top quality there are countless examples of players thought to be top quality that we've signed and they've subsequently gone to shit
Lukaku scored 42 in 96. Is that failing miserably? Also, is the argumentation here that because we've gone for quality before and it didn't work out, we should stop going for quality?

croadyman

Reports have suggested the Weghorst deal has been in the works since December. It’s got some complications but clearly they didn’t just come up with the idea last week.
Yeah wasn't there a story Erik contacted him on December 21 but could be wrong on that

lysglimt

Scout
Lukaku scored 42 in 96. Is that failing miserably? Also, is the argumentation here that because we've gone for quality before and it didn't work out, we should stop going for quality?
At Everton he scored 68 goals in 141 league matches - at WBA 17 goals in 35 - at Inter 47 goals in 72 matches in his first spell

At United he scored 28 goals in 66 matches.

I would not say he failed miserably - but it certainly wasn't good enough for a player whose main contribution is to score goals.

roseguy64

Why can’t sell off or loan some of our reserve players to desperate EPL clubs in botttom half trying to salvage their season. I am sure P Jones, Brandon Williams or Axel will be a decent signing for them…
People ask this every window and the response doesn't change as to why this is difficult.

Dazzmondo

What has Fullkrug done in his career to be a better option?
10 goals in 14 appearances in the Bundesliga so far this season and 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games for Germany at World Cup. In general just think he's a better player too.

Lee565

Even though lukaku was not elite level, he was a very good premier league striker and we never quite got the best out of him because mourinho used him wrong by trying to turn him into more of target man and he was then having issues with his stomach the effected his weight and was not picked by our medical team, had we resolved that and ole stopped lying to himself that he wasn't a defensive manager that relied on counter attacking football then lukaku would have likely thrived in such a set up

Lights Out

Even though lukaku was not elite level, he was a very good premier league striker and we never quite got the best out of him because mourinho used him wrong by trying to turn him into more of target man and he was then having issues with his stomach the effected his weight and was not picked by our medical team, had we resolved that and ole stopped lying to himself that he wasn't a defensive manager that relied on counter attacking football then lukaku would have likely thrived in such a set up
What’s the excuse for his nightmare stint at Chelsea?

sparx99

10 goals in 14 appearances in the Bundesliga so far this season and 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games for Germany at World Cup. In general just think he's a better player too.
If you compare his career to Weghorst there isn't much there. Fullkrug is 29 vs Weghorst 30 and Weghorst has a much more consistent output.

Fullkrug
2022-23 - 10 in 14 so far this season.
2021-22 - 19 in 33 in Bundesliga 2 (2nd division)
2020-21 - 6 goals in 19 in the Bundesliga
2019-20 - 4 goals in 8 games in the Bundesliga
2018-19 - 2 in 14 games in the Bundesliga

Weghorst
2022-23 - 8 in 16 for Besiktas
2021-22 - 6 in 18 in Bundesliga and then 2 in 20 at Burnley.
2020-21 - 20 in 34 in Bundesliga
2019-20 - 16 in 32 in Bundesliga
2018-19 - 17 in 34 in the Bundesliga

Dazzmondo

If you compare his career to Weghorst there isn't much there. Fullkrug is 29 vs Weghorst 30 and Weghorst has a much more consistent output.

Fullkrug
2022-23 - 10 in 14 so far this season.
2021-22 - 19 in 33 in Bundesliga 2 (2nd division)
2020-21 - 6 goals in 19 in the Bundesliga
2019-20 - 4 goals in 8 games in the Bundesliga
2018-19 - 2 in 14 games in the Bundesliga

Weghorst
2022-23 - 8 in 16 for Besiktas
2021-22 - 6 in 18 in Bundesliga and then 2 in 20 at Burnley.
2020-21 - 20 in 34 in Bundesliga
2019-20 - 16 in 32 in Bundesliga
2018-19 - 17 in 34 in the Bundesliga
Agreed, but some players peak later in their career. Obviously on a far superior level but I'd say RVP was a good example of this. Doesn't really matter as seems like we've agreed the loan deal for Weghorst which I'm totally cool with. I'm sure we'll be targetting someone of a far superior level to either of them in the summer.

GwilDor

Pellestri was impressive yesterday, but that could be down to many isolated factors. Performing in a game with us counterattacking a league 1 side is not «good data» to evaluate on. But based on yesterday alone i’d like him to get more chances for sure.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
In a way I think that there is a simplified narrative spread about our transfer strategy that can be a bit destructive.

It is of course not ‘easy’ to get good results in negotiations for player transfers. Both sides are ruthlessly trying to get the other side to bend over. How do you avoid that?

A negotiation is all about leverage. Nothing else. If you want to make good transfer signings, you must find ways to get leverage in the negotiations.

Arsenal have leverage in the Mudryk negotiations, because the player desperately want out. The player was refused a transfer in the summer. Shaktar need the money. But Shaktar is not without leverage. Arsenal want to make the signing now, the earlier the better. Shaktar got a month. Shaktar might also find an alternative bidder of course, but Mudryk has committed to Arsenal.

So, the most important thing when negotiating a transfer is picking the time for the negotiation. It speaks for it self that you need to have planned ahead and consistent long term strategy to be able to do that. You also need flexibility. If a guy you will buy in the summer all of a sudden becomes available in January for a better price, you can make a good signing if the budget is flexible.

Sometimes you also must be very patient. Bayern is definitely very patient on the transfer market — which is a core reason for their success. They really need a striker right now for example, the reason for them not buying one is obviously because they didn’t find the exact right target for them and the opportunity to get that player for a good fee. Instead they bought De Light all of a sudden, despite perhaps not being desperate for a CB. But De Light was available for a good price.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In a way I think that there is a simplified narrative spread about our transfer strategy that can be a bit destructive.

It is of course not ‘easy’ to get good results in negotiations for player transfers. Both sides are ruthlessly trying to get the other side to bend over. How do you avoid that?

A negotiation is all about leverage. Nothing else. If you want to make good transfer signings, you must find ways to get leverage in the negotiations.

Arsenal have leverage in the Mudryk negotiations, because the player desperately want out. The player was refused a transfer in the summer. Shaktar need the money. But Shaktar is not without leverage. Arsenal want to make the signing now, the earlier the better. Shaktar got a month. Shaktar might also find an alternative bidder of course, but Mudryk has committed to Arsenal.

So, the most important thing when negotiating a transfer is picking the time for the negotiation. It speaks for it self that you need to have planned ahead and consistent long term strategy to be able to do that. You also need flexibility. If a guy you will buy in the summer all of a sudden becomes available in January for a better price, you can make a good signing if the budget is flexible.

Sometimes you also must be very patient. Bayern is definitely very patient on the transfer market — which is a core reason for their success. They really need a striker right now for example, the reason for them not buying one is obviously because they didn’t find the exact right target for them and the opportunity to get that player for a good fee. Instead they bought De Light all of a sudden, despite perhaps not being desperate for a CB. But De Light was available for a good price.
Very few become available in January for a better price. It’s notoriously more expensive because nobody wants to lose their best players halfway through a season. Even more harder when you’re shopping on a (very) restricted budget

UTD_Since_1978

Tier 2:
They need to stop loaning these players who have very little experience of English football to clubs outside England, if they want to prove themselves good enough to play for UTD they need to do it by playing in England with the playing style & climate not go & sun themself in Portugal & Spain all the time.

Paul778

Tier 2:
This reeks of his agent briefing the press and trying to put pressure on United to give him more game time (after a good performance). Not that I'm against that, just annoyed by agents using social media in this fashion.

Erik the Red

This reeks of his agent briefing the press and trying to put pressure on United to give him more game time (after a good performance). Not that I'm against that, just annoyed by agents using social media in this fashion.
I prefer agents pushing for game time at United than saying he wants to leave. Saying a player wants to leave just weakens our hand in negotiations and creates negativity. Every player should be busting a gut to play for us, and I don't really have a problem with a player (or agent) saying they want to play.

I actually think that ETH should be using Pellestri a bit more now, with Sancho not around, and so many games coming up, Antony should be rotated and he should be given minutes in cup games like yesterday. This is the opportunity for him, Garnacho and Mainoo to showcase their talents.

TheReligion

Abusive
I prefer agents pushing for game time at United than saying he wants to leave. Saying a player wants to leave just weakens our hand in negotiations and creates negativity. Every player should be busting a gut to play for us, and I don't really have a problem with a player (or agent) saying they want to play.

I actually think that ETH should be using Pellestri a bit more now, with Sancho not around, and so many games coming up, Antony should be rotated and he should be given minutes in cup games like yesterday. This is the opportunity for him, Garnacho and Mainoo to showcase their talents.
I mean the article literally says he wants to stay and showcase his talent to EtH..

Status
Not open for further replies.