Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't think Garner is the solution for our midfield from what I've seen of him. But to sell him before Fred is crazy. Fred ( and McT for that matter) have conclusively proven they can't make it here. Why not sell one of them before selling Garner?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't think Garner is the solution for our midfield from what I've seen of him. But to sell him before Fred is crazy. Fred ( and McT for that matter) have conclusively proven they can't make it here. Why not sell one of them before selling Garner?
We’d struggle to sell them for any money due to their wages compared to their ability. It would be a loan with us subsidising their wages at best

SaboTaj

Ye we should most definitely sell McTominay before anyone else.

cyberman

Need to raise some funds for the first team I guess

Finally. Not that I think he isn’t a good player but we would normally hold onto him until he’s 25 and sell him for nothing to Watford or somebody.
We need to be ruthless. We leave so much money on the table with players who the manager doesn’t want by keeping them for too long

kirk buttercup

Who would want them?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We’d struggle to sell them for any money due to their wages compared to their ability. It would be a loan with us subsidising their wages at best
Who would want them?
Surely some Italian, French or Spanish team will buy Fred for 5-10 million. He's a Brazilian international. Though yeah we'll probably need to subsidize his wages, but given he's only got a year left on his contract, I'd do it.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't see him playing for us anytime soon, not entirely convinced he's good enough. I'd much rather he got a PL loan instead though, because you never know.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Selling him with a buyback clause really isn't an issue. But we'll be ridiculed for it by idiots in our fanbase because a lot enjoy us being 'banter FC'

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Selling him with a buyback clause really isn't an issue. But we'll be ridiculed for it by idiots in our fanbase because a lot enjoy us being 'banter FC'
Who then moan asking why we didn’t sign a winger after spending 160m quid. We need funds. Even without midfielders he’s 5th choice. 20m with a buy back makes perfect sense.

sewey89

Who then moan asking why we didn’t sign a winger after spending 160m quid. We need funds. Even without midfielders he’s 5th choice. 20m with a buy back makes perfect sense.
Yep, exactly. Some people just like to moan

sewey89

I think some people were hoping he would break into the first team this season is where the frustration comes from.
Personally, I think that was more in hope than expectation. And the hope came from being tired of McFred.

Truth is, if we sign FDJ and Rabiot, that's 2 more CM's going ahead of him in the pecking order

AndySmith1990

I think some people were hoping he would break into the first team this season is where the frustration comes from.
If Ten Hag is happy to sell then obviously Garner isn't rated particularly highly.

We see loads of moaning about why players like Chong, Peirera etc are/were hanging around the club for so long, whilst Liverpool and Chelsea sell some nobodies we've never heard of for £15m. But then as soon as we're open to selling our own version of that (most other fans won't have a clue who Garner is) there is moaning about not giving them a proper chance first.

Can't win really

jrdonald

“Between £15m & £20m” … how much are Barca due Frenkie in deferred wages again? I don’t think I’ve seen the figure mentioned anywhere…

Dr. StrangeHate

If Ten Hag is happy to sell then obviously Garner isn't rated particularly highly.

We see loads of moaning about why players like Chong, Peirera etc are/were hanging around the club for so long, whilst Liverpool and Chelsea sell some nobodies we've never heard of for £15m. But then as soon as we're open to selling our own version of that (most other fans won't have a clue who Garner is) there is moaning about not giving them a proper chance first.

Can't win really
Can't draw either.

Syphon Wallet

Haven't seen much of Garner tbh, he must be bad to be sold before Mctominay.
Hopefully the extra cash actually leads to some signings, not lining the glazers pockets again.

sparx99

It’s basically Garner out to cover the Rabiot fee. Now I think Rabiot is a better player right now but there is definite value in homegrown players who love the club. Who knows whether Garner at 23-24 is the far superior player.

OmarUnited4ever

Garner has a good reputation from his loan stint last season, while the McFred duo are a known entity for being shit midfielders, so they aren't good assets to sell, unlike Garner.

The hope is McFred is replaced with new quality players and in the long term, McFred is let go for some nominal fee as I doubt anyone will pay anything for McFred

Smores

Can't win really
That makes no sense. Garner has yet to be given a chance, Periera and Chong have had too many. It's not rocket science to figure out which is the sensible solution between those two paths.

Can people stop inventing random nonsense and accusing people of moaning about it.

SouthernRedDev

If he isn't showing enough for the manager, then sell him, its what other top clubs do. Its very different to the utd way of giving him a long contract and seeing if he comes good, in 5 years time. Most clubs have a high turnover of players that aren't too standard, it may also highlight to other in the club that simply being a Utd player isn't enough.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can people stop inventing random nonsense and accusing people of moaning about it.
The same applies for people saying why aren’t we selling Fred and Mctominay .

You can’t sell players without buyers. Obviously there’s been interest in Garner.

Judas

Open to offers
The same applies for people saying why aren’t we selling Fred and Mctominay .

You can’t sell players without buyers. Obviously there’s been interest in Garner.
Exactly. This is why Smalling was first out of the door, not because he was the worst of the bunch, the opposite, teams saw him as worth buying.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
That is the kind of stuff that makes you want to punch a *insert something cute here*. Selling the kid before he has even played one game for us, are you joking?

Sell the Scottish fraud that is McTominay first.
That's what City do and they make a lot of money out of it.

cyberman

That makes no sense. Garner has yet to be given a chance, Periera and Chong have had too many. It's not rocket science to figure out which is the sensible solution between those two paths.

He’ll have already been analysed to the highest degree by Ten Hag. Being given a chance is nonsense anyway, it’s not like players suddenly transform if they’re given a start. It’s not 2001 anymore when a manager could tell a player to go out and express themselves and then see what happens. The days of performing better in match days over training is over. You don’t need to flop in an EPL game for the manager to work out who you are

Fr. Todd Unctious

Clearly trying to raise funds.

Nobody would take Fred or Mctominay off us.

Is the correct answer. Only way teams will take a punt on Fred or McTominay is if they're getting them for free. We're stuck with both until their contracts run out unfortunately.

In relation to Garner I wonder will they have some sort of buy bacl clause in any deal

Status
Not open for further replies.