Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

AFC NimbleThumb

If they announce it before international break it'll be over with by the end of September. Story fatigue is a real thing and I can guarantee that the second he starts playing, some.fan will overplay their hand and say something racist or there will be a death threat, then the story changes completely.
Huh?

K Stand Knut

Slow transfer news day.

Shut the F up about MG and that story. This is a transfer tweet thread and I’m bored of the backward and forward of this argument.

Post an f-ing transfer tweet or shut up.

NZT-One

If they announce it before international break it'll be over with by the end of September. Story fatigue is a real thing and I can guarantee that the second he starts playing, some.fan will overplay their hand and say something racist or there will be a death threat, then the story changes completely.
This too me seems the most probable outcome. But as said, there is a good chance, that he will receive rejection by players, fans, oppo fans and journalists. I think, this is "fair" because he has to handle the consequences of his actions and if stuff feels too unfair to him, he is free to leave the country or disappear into semi-anonymity.

Dannn411

What’s this about Onana that’s popped up on my YT feed?
You mean the Onana links? Don't understand it either. That is the exact opposite of the type of player we should be going after at this stage. 99% of the squad already plays vertical. We need someone to stay in position in midfield.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Youtube sorry, I’m attempting to be hip like my son & abbreviate.

I’ve seen some ‘This is why Manchester United want Amadou Onana’ vids suddenly.
I can tell you next weeks lottery numbers if you like

Baxquux

I don't think he's That much better than McT, and that's from someone who's been repeatedly critical on these threads both of Scott and of the decision by the club not to let him go for reasonable money. He's younger and probably still better positionally overall, but Lavia looks a better bet to me out of the three...

2E_MUFC

Came back to 3 new pages and thought we had transfer tweets. No it’s more of the same talk about a certain footballer that shouldn’t be spoke about in here.

Paul778

We’ve handled it poorly with the drip drip dragging of it.
That is exactly how anyone would expect it to be handled spin wise. Small incremental suggested changes leaked making the eventual decision feel inevitable but without explicitly stating anything...

... whilst also allowing everything to be denied completely if the club feels it's going tits up.

NO MG TALK. FINAL WARNING

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why not? There was a tweet regarding his future stating he's going to be staying with United and not moving elsewhere.
No. There was a message saying United are undecided. The owner of the forum was quite clear, until there is direction from United MG is of the menu.

this has been said too many times and ignored. So from now people will start receiving warning points which may lead to bans. Choose if this is the hill you want to die on.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No. There was a message saying United are undecided. The owner of the forum was quite clear, until there is direction from United MG is of the menu.

this has been said too many times and ignored. So from now people will start receiving warning points which may lead to bans. Choose if this is the hill you want to die on.
Can this be plastered on the front page?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Statistically one of the best defensively and only 21.

More complete tackles (78%) than Caicedo (58%), Rice (62%), lavia (39%)

Passing isn't the best completion rate, as is the carry stats.
Not saying he's not good, just that we're not in for him IMO.

ATXRedDevil

Exactly clearly he or she is unaware of the new Financial Sustainability rules which start this season, if you are servicing debt with interest payments of £20-40m and you intend to take dividends that model is now untenable just like a LBO of a football club in 2023, If you continue to run your football club and lose money, then as an owner you can put up to £60-90m into the club over a 3 year period to offset the financial loss, we all know the Glazers are never going to do that which means they can no longer take dividends and if they do not get their house into financial order they will incur more fines for the club and potentially worse?
I’m quite aware. Your post didn’t make any point about financial sustainability rules and you incorrectly stated that the Glazers’ debt they used to buy the club is due in 2025. You used a lot of words to dance around being wrong. Shame someone thought it was worthy of a like.

Also, im a capital markets attorney. I do 9-10 figure bond deals regularly, it’s a huge part of my job. I’m quite aware of what the debt capital markets are like right now. I also don’t need links to the club’s 20-F. I draft those and other SEC filings daily, also a huge part of my job. The capital is there if they need to refinance and while the rates wouldn’t be great, they could do it and be fine if they think the club’s value will continue to rise.

Kramer

Statistically one of the best defensively and only 21.

More complete tackles (78%) than Caicedo (58%), Rice (62%), lavia (39%)

Passing isn't the best completion rate, as is the carry stats.
Sounds like a Wan-Bissaka in midfield.

Haven’t seen much of him at all.