Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

roseguy64

I understand that but what's wrong with Heaton? I feel like he'd be fine. Just think we have a far more critical need in midfield and all limited funds we have needs to go towards that.
Heaton is currently injured. Not sure how long for. Besides, the manager wants 3 senior goalies.

roseguy64

We sure could sure Garner, Iqbal and maybe even Savage right now. At least with Shaw injured, ETH might reconsider flogging Jurado and Fernandez.
Doesn't matter. We had injuries in midfield last season and he didn't use Iqbal and instead promoted Mainoo ahead of him.

Dannn411

Heaton is currently injured. Not sure how long for. Besides, the manager wants 3 senior goalies.
But why does he want 3 senior goalies? I know the in vogue thing around is just take whatever the manager says as gospel but how does it make any sense to commit limited funds to three senior goalkeepers when only one can play at any one time and usually one goalkeeper plays 80% to 90% of the matches?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
But why does he want 3 senior goalies? I know the in vogue thing around is just take whatever the manager says as gospel but how does it make any sense to commit limited funds to three senior goalkeepers when only one can play at any one time and usually one goalkeeper plays 80% to 90% of the matches?
Don't you actually need it for match day squads? Two GKs that is.

sparx99

It’s no different than it’s ever been. That 3rd goalie spot is either a veteran who knows he won’t play (Heaton) or a youngster playing U21 games.

Man City had Richard Wright on the books for 4 years and he didn’t play a game. They now have Scott Carson playing that role.

Arsenal have Raya and Ramsdale.

City have Ederson, Steffen and Carson.

Liverpool have Alisson, Kelleher and Adrian.

Chelsea are adding Petkovic to Sanchez and Bettinelli.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
First reliable Italian report linking Amrabat to Manchester United (Tier 1):
Fiorentina, Manchester United insist on Amrabat
There's nothing in the report itself beyond United "insisting" on completing this transfer.

EDIT: English Tweet

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Ten Hag on possibly signing a new left back:
It can be (that United sign a left-back). I think we always have to anticipate on situations. If there are opportunities then yes, but it has to be the right player otherwise we have to deal with the current squad. We went through the scenarios before the season and if it happened, we have the solution.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
It’s no different than it’s ever been. That 3rd goalie spot is either a veteran who knows he won’t play (Heaton) or a youngster playing U21 games.

Man City had Richard Wright on the books for 4 years and he didn’t play a game. They now have Scott Carson playing that role.

Arsenal have Raya and Ramsdale.

City have Ederson, Steffen and Carson.

Liverpool have Alisson, Kelleher and Adrian.

Chelsea are adding Petkovic to Sanchez and Bettinelli.
It’s Ortega who city have,Stefan Ortega. I’m not OCD about keepers or what have you but I rate Ortega over their regular Ederson.
iirc Zack Steffen, the American (I think?) keeper was loaned out to Middlesborough. Not sure if he’s still there or not but Ortega is the reserve keeper and Carson kept his place as the reserve to the reserve.

K Stand Knut

It's like being at a carboot when eventually you get so sick of some bastad trying to lowball you repeatedly over hours and just finally snap JUST TAKE HIM, FOR FREE.
So we think the team that had him on loan last season and actively didn’t play him to ensure that they didn’t invoke his pre-determined transfer fee are going to come back and buy this clown.

Good luck

roseguy64

It's a thing for a lot of managers. They like the security and they don't want to stifle a young goalie who should be playing games. Only one goalie plays is exactly the point. You need youth goalies to get game experience. It's easier to integrate an outfield player with sub appearances.

croadyman

We will sign both next week. I'm going to be positive. ( no basis and no chance but I'm crossing my fingers )
I still can't decide if the club see it as a case of one or the other. Need to see more reliable sources saying we are trying to sign both before having your level of confidence

manuchamp88

Yeah but my point is ETH didn't rate them so he wouldn't have played them.
Right, but I'm saying this, being the alternative, is worse. If he'd bought quality players, then obviously it'd be fine and I'm sure most were thinking that was going to happen earlier this window. As it stands, however, we've wasted 60 million on an out-of-form CM who isn't a CM and is now injured, turned our nose up at an offer to get rid of a sub-par player in McTominay and now, yet again, scrambling around at the end of the window to rectify mistakes (again) we shouldn't have made in the first place.

Devil81

The fact we are now open to the idea of loans tells you everything you need to know about our financial position.

A loan in Sir Alex's day was an absolute emergency only.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Why is it so fecking hard to offload Van de Beek on loan? Surely someone in Spain and Italy can use him, come on he's not useless and will do much better in a slower league.