Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How long is Malacia out for if this is a serious option. And why would Chelsea help us out?

Fooza

over the years we should have brought in a solid rb and lb, shaw should have been used as squad depth as his unreliable with injuries. It all leads to this

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our transfer business is so often really unimaginative.
It's incompetent. Let's call it what it is
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys really think we're going to get a high quality LB in as COVER while Shaw/Malacia are out injured?

Like what do you want? A world class LB aren't going to be playing 2nd fiddle to Shaw and Shaw isn't going to want to be benched for an injury, the club weren't looking for a LB until he got injured. It's a short term signing to cover for injuries.

Incompetent.....dear lord this place gets more deluded by the minute. You think they'd have planned to have this many injuries in advance so they sign a LB this season.....and let me guess....the CAF goes WILD because why oh why do we need a LB when we have Shaw/Malacia....the club is incompetent I tell you!

:boring::boring::boring::boring:

AndySmith1990

You guys really think we're going to get a high quality LB in as COVER while Shaw/Malacia are out injured?

Like what do you want? A world class LB aren't going to be playing 2nd fiddle to Shaw and Shaw isn't going to want to be benched for an injury, the club weren't looking for a LB until he got injured. It's a short term signing to cover for injuries.

Incompetent.....dear lord this place gets more deluded by the minute. You think they'd have planned to have this many injuries in advance so they sign a LB this season.....and let me guess....the CAF goes WILD because why oh why do we need a LB when we have Shaw/Malacia....the club is incompetent I tell you!

Is the club not incompetent then? Has our recruitment been the envy of the football world?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

You are actually implying we are talking about this poxy deal in isolation?

When you get off your pedestal you'll understand that United's transfer dealing as a whole over a long period of time is in fact incompetent. A bit like your last post there matey.

Unreal small mind on you

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Is the club not incompetent then? Has our recruitment been the envy of the football world?
I'm talking about in this instance. It's ridiculous to claim incompetence when Shaw has been injured for the best part of 1 game week.

This season I think they've done reasonably well, 3 signings in a month. Numerous outgoings. Could we have done more first team out goings, probably yes, but that;s a perfect storm of medicority, high wages and not many clubs being in for our fringe players.

Our fringe players aren't like City's where they're actually good and are sought after. Ours are middling and expensive, no one wants that.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You are actually implying we are talking about this poxy deal in isolation?

When you get off your pedestal you'll understand that United's transfer dealing as a whole over a long period of time is in fact incompetent. A bit like your last post there matey.

Unreal small mind on you
You're literally quoting a post that is responding to a tweet about us signing a LB who's choices aren't exactly inspiring or set the world alight. So yes, it does look like your talking about the most recent piece of news about a transfer.

Who's said I didn't think we were "incompetent" I thought we've done well this season and to a degree last season and I've gone over it numerous times as to why we can't shift a number of first teamers. But this season I think we've done incredibly well, all things considered.

VanGaalyTime

I want a younger left back with something to prove. Someone we've been scouting for at least 6 months and someone fine with taking a low wage because it's Manchester United and he'll get more when he's successful. I don't want a player who has been proven rubbish in the premier league on high wages that adds zero value to the squad or on the field. I genuinely don't know what our scouts do.

Castia

Imagine a Alonso, Evans and Bayinder final week of the window :drool:

Absolute farce

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I want a younger left back with something to prove. Someone we've been scouting for at least 6 months and someone fine with taking a low wage because it's Manchester United and he'll get more when he's successful. I don't want a player who has been proven rubbish in the premier league on high wages that adds zero value to the squad or on the field. I genuinely don't know what our scouts do.
Are we all forgetting the stunning season he had with Brighton or????

Some players sometimes don't fit in, in a certain club, it just doesn't work out for them, it doesn't mean they're shite.

So you want an unproved player to play as cover for an established PL LB? What if he can't do it and then we're left with a shite LB for 2 months who can't handle playing for United.

You need an experienced player to play as an emergency cover, not take a punt on someone. You take a punt on someone when your number 1 LB is fit and available and bed them in. You don't throw them in at the deep-end and put even more pressure on them to perform because there's no one to bail them out, there's only them.

Scouts? I don't know, maybe they weren't tasked with looking at LB's because we don't need one yet! - God, anything to bash the club with!

Trex

Alonso is quite good on the ball, he'll give ETH the option of a fullback who is a genuine offensive threat. Cucurella is similar to Shaw, good in the build up but not an outright attacking threat. He'll suit our current tactics better.

Trex

I’m convinced we don’t have scouts.
They're not so many players who can walk into United and be expected to play at a certain standard. Do you want us to risk taking a punt when we're seeking someone to "just do a job".

VanGaalyTime

Are we all forgetting the stunning season he had with Brighton or????

Some players sometimes don't fit in, in a certain club, it just doesn't work out for them, it doesn't mean they're shite.

So you want an unproved player to play as cover for an established PL LB? What if he can't do it and then we're left with a shite LB for 2 months who can't handle playing for United.

You need an experienced player to play as an emergency cover, not take a punt on someone. You take a punt on someone when your number 1 LB is fit and available and bed them in. You don't throw them in at the deep-end and put even more pressure on them to perform because there's no one to bail them out, there's only them.

Scouts? I don't know, maybe they weren't tasked with looking at LB's because we don't need one yet! - God, anything to bash the club with!
Yes he played well at Brighton and got found out at a relatively higher level. And it's not just that he's been bad he's often been Chelsea's worst player. Which is impressive given how terrible the others are.

Yes, I want an unproven young player as cover rather than a proven rubbish high wage earner who by all accounts has a terrible attitude. It's why I didn't want Arnautovic. We're still taking a punt but we're doing so knowing for sure that it's unlikely to work out. At least with a young player there's some hope, some form of an idea as to why they're being chosen. And they'd be on lower wages so less impact to the squad. Surely given ETH's obsession with the dutch league there's some kid who we can get for 3 m to do a Buttner?

It's just so emblematic of our insane transfer strategy. No thought. No focus. Just a quick email to agents and then maybe ask the manager who he wants. We should have scouts looking at every position all the time and in every country. It's even more of an indictment if we don't have at least 20 left backs on our list right now.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
No, it's a farce because Alonso is a convicted murderer and Evans is over the hill.
Crucruella is good enough to do a job and that’s all we need him for.

Bayindir is 2nd choice & Evans would be something like 4th or even 5th choice.

There’s no need to call it a farce.