Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's been bought for and trusted in a position that isn't his. It's phenomenally bad business and terrible scouting. Not his fault by any means and he might have some good games but he's never going to be the player we needed, never.
It very much can be his. You can't bucket him as a failure because you think it's not his position. Mount has been watched by ten hag throughout pervious years, and Mount was also key to Klopps midfield rebuild (as per the Telegraph it was deemed a blow to his plans).
He was also wanted by Arteta reportedly and Poch wanted to keep him. He's rated by all these managers and at least two of them saw him as vital to a midfield restructure.

I would go by more than two games before classing him as a failure and criticising our scouting so lazily.

Theres a reason more than one big club saw him as a great pickup for their midfield plans.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It very much can be his. You can't bucket him as a failure because you think it's not his position. Mount has been watched by ten hag throughout pervious years, and Mount was also key to Klopps midfield rebuild (as per the Telegraph it was deemed a blow to his plans).
He was also wanted by Arteta reportedly and Poch wanted to keep him. He's rated by all these managers and at least two of them saw him as vital to a midfield restructure.

I would go by more than two games before classing him as a failure and criticising our scouting so lazily.

Theres a reason more than one big club saw him as a great pickup for their midfield plans.
Don't get me wrong I like Mount and think he's a very good player but he's a good player in different positions to the one we've signed him for.

I can't believe that Klopp, Arteta or Poch would've had him as an 8 either. They'd have had him more advanced based on their squads.

We seem to be doing the square peg into round hole thing and it makes zero sense. Going off all of ETH's buys so far and the players we get linked with I'm really not sure any of us should be trusting his scouting or the club's scouting experience because it seems way off, repeatedly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Don't get me wrong I like Mount and think he's a very good player but he's a good player in different positions to the one we've signed him for.

I can't believe that Klopp, Arteta or Poch would've had him as an 8 either. They'd have had him more advanced based on their squads.

We seem to be doing the square peg into round hole thing and it makes zero sense. Going off all of ETH's buys so far and the players we get linked with I'm really not sure any of us should be trusting his scouting or the club's scouting experience because it seems way off, repeatedly.
You may not want to believe it but it's very evident that's the case. Very credible journalists had confirmed Klopp wanted Mount for his midfield, and Mount was long linked to Arsenal before that. It's no coincidence that Arteta then settled for Havertz (an actual round peg in a square hole) to fill that void.

I dont see Mount as a square peg by the way. I see him as a perfect player for ten hag system. The problem is a lot of posters think he's just a front 3 player which he isn't.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He's been bought for and trusted in a position that isn't his. It's phenomenally bad business and terrible scouting. Not his fault by any means and he might have some good games but he's never going to be the player we needed, never.
So you are sure that he’s certainly going to be a flop then? Right?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The point is that he made ordinary players look good, which is what certain top coaches do.

To answer your question: Rashford.
My point is, yes he chucked a load in but they were quickly found out at that level.

not sure he made many look good at United. He made many look worse, and in my opinion several were never the same again

good national coach. Should never have been United coach, he was a dinosaur

kirk buttercup

My prediction ( and its not that big a change) is we will run around negotiating deals with a series of Random players who fit none of any of our so called rebuild. One or two of these will happen whilst others fizzle out leaving us in the last 24 hours wondering how we got to this point. Rinse and repeat for any transfer window going forward that we are still owned by these parasites .

Thiagoal

I hope we don't spend the remaining days working on just a deal for a left back now that we seriously need GK cover (amongst other things that should also be seen as more of a priority)
We’ve already got our new keeper sorted (Bayindir) according to various reports and will probably announce when the sale of Hendo is confirmed.

Loxxov

If fullbacks are so critical, why the feck are our full backs Dalot, Wan Bisska, and Malacia? Aside from Shaw, RB and LB are the weakest positions in our team
It might be a small sample size, and at times a 'best of a bad bunch' type scenario.....but Wan-Bissaka has consistently been one of our best players this season - I don't think it's at all fair to be singling him out as a weak link.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What info? The one line he puts in all his articles that says Ten Hag is interested?
I don't believe he would be saying that if he wasn't getting it from a good source. Clearly we have interest in him, whether we actually go for him is a different story.

HJ12

One Casimero injury away from season over unless we pull our finger out and get some cover for him.
Hopefully the Henderson transfer gives us some wiggle room to bring someone in, even if its loan cover. If the reported figures for Bayindir are correct, we should have some extra in the kitty now.

NLunited

My point is, yes he chucked a load in but they were quickly found out at that level.

not sure he made many look good at United. He made many look worse, and in my opinion several were never the same again

good national coach. Should never have been United coach, he was a dinosaur
Several players were never the same again? Who are we talking about?

I would argue the squad he was working with wasn’t very good to begin with: a combination of aging players and players lacking technical ability.

He could slot in academy players without an issue, they would perform well against top sides even. Only a good coach can manage that.

Where are they now? Championship, or even lower level.

No coach made so many tactical changes and used different formations at MU as Van Gaal. To call him a dinosaur is an ignorant statement.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
So you are sure that he’s certainly going to be a flop then? Right?
Yeah.

I don’t trust the club or the manager to identify the players that will make him work as a signing.

It’s the one really, really odd one, I have no idea why we spent a ton out of our limited budget on a player we didn’t need.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Several players were never the same again? Who are we talking about?

I would argue the squad he was working with wasn’t very good to begin with: a combination of aging players and players lacking technical ability.

He could slot in academy players without an issue, they would perform well against top sides even. Only a good coach can manage that.

Where are they now? Championship, or even lower level.

No coach made so many tactical changes and used different formations at MU as Van Gaal. To call him a dinosaur is an ignorant statement.
Obviously you’re a LVG fan so I will leave it with you. He destroyed football for me to the point where football under Mourinho was almost a blessing. Eugh. Was not suited to English football

Trex

You've got to feel bad for VdB. Being shipped off to some shite team in France, whereas if he was still at Ajax we'd be paying £60m to sign him instead.
At least he'll be getting an opportunity to play regularly at a level he should be able to flourish. Its up to him to earn himself a better move.

Trex

The problem here is that, when they find out he's no good, they won't buy him. We really needed an outright sale.
He use to start for Ajax, we should be hoping he is too good for them at the end of the season so we get real money for him.

Red00012

I’m presuming it’s a loan deal as It’s behind a paywall. Either way if it was a permanent deal I’d leave him go and have some buyback clause . ETH clearly doesn’t think he’s good enough if he’s bringing in Evans for 12 months.

Matt851

You may not want to believe it but it's very evident that's the case. Very credible journalists had confirmed Klopp wanted Mount for his midfield, and Mount was long linked to Arsenal before that. It's no coincidence that Arteta then settled for Havertz (an actual round peg in a square hole) to fill that void.

I dont see Mount as a square peg by the way. I see him as a perfect player for ten hag system. The problem is a lot of posters think he's just a front 3 player which he isn't.
Even if klopp did want mount as an 8, I very much doubt he would have paired him with a player like Bruno which is one of the issues with the balance of our midfield. Also klopp obviously didn't want him enough to compete with us for him in any way

Baxquux

I thought he had only 12 months left on his deal. What would be the point of a loan for Fiorentina?
They've got an option to extend. I'm guessing compromise would involve a loan fee of a few mill, wages being covered and then obligation to buy ( with loan fee covering some of the price tag) if he plays a certain number of games...