Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

(The article /Gazzetta_it via Sport Witness is Tier 3 or lower)
FYI, none of these Tweets will show up in the feed. If you keep the number of Tweets to 3 or less, then they can show up in the feed.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea had offered him 200k a week though, right?

Suv666

200k is not too much imo he was underpaid at Chelsea. 50k are probably performance related bonuses so well deserved if he hits 250k

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
200k is not too much imo he was underpaid at Chelsea. 50k are probably performance related bonuses so well deserved if he hits 250k
The £250k is all guaranteed. He does, however, have £50k in variable payments, which can take his total earnings up to £300k. However, he always wanted £250k from Chelsea, who were close to offering that before taking back their offer and waiting until they finally offered £200k a few months ago. Mount was never going to accept any less than £250k else he'd have stayed at Chelsea with their £200k offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ondrej Mastny's on trial with SC Telstar in the Netherlands in search of more regular first-team football.

The full quote:
I have still got one more year of a contract there [at United]. I want to play men's football and this would be a brilliant chance. I have been to Portadown but I want to progress somewhere else. I think here in Holland, in the second division, there is a good level of football, so I'll try my best and hopefully I'll get some game time somewhere. My main focus now is to be playing regularly. I just want to play. I don't know how it will sound, but I just want to play and I don't care where it is. I want to play and just enjoy football.

Withnail

There were reports that we would go for a young keeper to challenge for the no.1 spot if DDG stays (the Dutch keeper going to Brighton was mentioned) or if DDG leaves we would by a new number one (Onana the clear candidate) and back up keeper.

Effectively, if DDG stays, we might sign a random upcoming goalkeeper, and keep DDG as a back up in case the new signing struggles, rather than spending big money on Onana for DDG to sit on the bench. I'm sure even our second contract offer to DDG is a higher than what typical no.2s will be getting.
Hmm that's a ridiculous notion as far as I'm concerned. DDG cannot and at this stage I think will not be number 1 next year. So option 2 leaves us with an unproven goalie between the sticks or a past it DDG who'll be even more prone to mistakes.

Anustart89

Ondrej Mastny's on trial with SC Telstar in the Netherlands in search of more regular first-team football.

The full quote:
Considering the media presence of some of our other players my immediate thought was "Another one? What's he done then?" when I saw that tweet :lol:

Matt851

The £250k is all guaranteed. He does, however, have £50k in variable payments, which can take his total earnings up to £300k. However, he always wanted £250k from Chelsea, who were close to offering that before taking back their offer and waiting until they finally offered £200k a few months ago. Mount was never going to accept any less than £250k else he'd have stayed at Chelsea with their £200k offer.
I though he generally irked by the way Chelsea had handled negotiations. One has to question the wisdom of offering to pay a player an amount even Chelsea weren't willing to pay

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I though he generally irked by the way Chelsea had handled negotiations. One has to question the wisdom of offering to pay a player even
Yeah, he didn't like how Chelsea handled the negotiations. They told him that they'd be ready to pay him what he wanted, and then they walked back on that and tried to lowball Mount. Nothing else was going to work after that.

Anustart89

Yeah, he didn't like how Chelsea handled the negotiations. They told him that they'd be ready to pay him what he wanted, and then they walked back on that and tried to lowball Mount. Nothing else was going to work after that.
feck me, what kind of a shit club would do such a thing to a player?

-Supreme-

I’d imagine the £50k bonus is based on clubs success and not his individual performance

lysglimt

Scout
Tier 2:
Why the hell would we loan him out ? He has like 2 years left of his contract, so after 1 season on loan he comes back and we will be desperate to try and sign a new deal. It makes zero sense. Play him this season or sell him before this season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why the hell would we loan him out ? He has like 2 years left of his contract, so after 1 season on loan he comes back and we will be desperate to try and sign a new deal. It makes zero sense. Play him this season or sell him before this season.
This is all a bit of a farce. Why does Erik have such a say in it as well?

Woziak

Haven't learnt our lesson clearly, fecking shambles.
This boy better produce double figure Goals and assists for that money, clearly the reason why he’s joining united MONEY this deal costs £11m transfer plus £12-15m wages per year for the next 5/6 years. This must be a Qatari deal with those wages he should have been £160k per week with bonus upto £200k per week.