Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Von Mistelroum

Inter might consider asking for more money now DDG is confirmed gone. We need a Keeper desperately now.

Mepp

Inter might consider asking for more money now DDG is confirmed gone. We need a Keeper desperately now.
It probably means a deal is done. I imagine we were keeping Dave hanging until we had official confirmation that we've got his replacement

nav_10

Feel it may possibly be the other way round mate. Reckon we've waited until a deal has been agreed/put in place with Inter before we've made the De Gea news official today.

Von Mistelroum

It probably means a deal is done. I imagine we were keeping Dave hanging until we had official confirmation that we've got his replacement
How? He's out of contract so can say whatever he likes, whenever he likes surely?

Wrecking ralf

Can’t see this announcement being made without everything already agreed in principle with Inter.
Yeah. Delay the announcement till next week so that DDG has this weekend to announce he’s leaving without it being overshadowed.

Mepp

How? He's out of contract so can say whatever he likes, whenever he likes surely?

You'd think that but United probably told him to hold on until we sign a goalkeeper as there would still be a chance he could stay. I think De Gea probably wanted to stay as evidenced by him signing his part of the contract

Borussia Teeth

The thing is if we could sell Martial for £20m, McTom for £25-30m, Maguire for £30m and Fred for £20m that is most of the money for Kane. And I feel I'm low balling some of those prices too.
Ffs. So many posters on here. You are NOT lowballing these prices. Martial is permanently injured and on 250k pw. Fred is a 30 year old high energy player in the last year of his contract on 120k pw. Maguire is also 30, his style of play doesn't suit any top team and he is on 200k pw.

Your McTominay estimation is reasonable.

Can you tell me which clubs you think will pay the wages AND the transfer fees for that you listed for Martial, Fred and Maguire?

Alemar

Ffs. So many posters on here. You are NOT lowballing these prices. Martial is permanently injured and on 250k pw. Fred is a 30 year old high energy player in the last year of his contract on 120k pw. Maguire is also 30, his style of play doesn't suit any top team and he is on 200k pw.

Can you tell me which clubs you think will pay the wages AND the transfer fees for that you listed for Martial, Fred and Maguire?
Fred price may be reasonable - he is a full Brazil international and may be a good player for many teams, just not top tier ones.

Borussia Teeth

Fred price may be reasonable - he is a full Brazil international and may be a good player for many teams, just not top tier ones.
I like Fred. I think he's been very good at times but as I stated: he's an aging high energy player. The only strong links have been Fulham. No way do they match his salary or pay 20m in the last year of his contract. I don't imagine any other clubs do either.

I think a lot of fans on here base their sales valuations on what we have to pay when we buy players, without considering any variables.

Cathy Ferguson

Fulham might pay 10m for Fred, maximum. Martial impossible to sell and Maguire almost impossible. If we sell McFred we need to buy replacements and they will not be cheaper. I cannot see us generating 30m in sales in this window. Elanga and Henderson might fetch 20-25m. Telles, Donny and Bailly almost nothing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This is in response to Pedullà's Tweet today (Tier 3):

Hojlund pushes to go to Manchester United: after the Onana affair, the striker issue will be pursued further

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

No one is paying those prices unless United are covering a significant portion of those wages.

lysglimt

Scout
No one is paying those prices unless United are covering a significant portion of those wages.
The best Fulham-players aren't that far behind what Fred has at United - according to what I found online a player like Leno is on 90k a week - Mitrovic isn't far behind. So it's not unbelievable that Fulham could stretch to a 100K for Fred.

Red Rash

This is in response to Pedullà's Tweet today (Tier 3):

These tweets may be completely false of course but why are the club never able to work on two deals concurrently?

Is it a budget issue or the incompetence of the team working on transfers?

Cantona in disguise

These tweets may be completely false of course but why are the club never able to work on two deals concurrently?

Surely they have been working on it if as they say personal terms are agreed? Probably just trying to agree add ons with his club etc.

Suv666

We seem to concurrently agree terms with players but the team responsible for negotiating with the clubs is the chokepoint.

Either the team responsible is too small, not delegating enough or too much red tape.

We’re run like a legacy bank, wouldn’t be surprised if the bidding and counteroffer process is tedious and required multiple sign offs in different timezones with a feckton of paperwork.

Can’t wait to be sold and hopefully the incoming regime implements slick and smooth processes.

stw2022

Every transfer involves multiple bids. Only a moron accepts the first offer, regardless of what it is. If you wanted £10m for a player and are offered £12m, unless you're a fecking idiot you're going to say you were looking for something around the £15m mark.

Unless you're triggering a release clause, every selling club knows the first offer isn't the limit the buying club is willing to go to. Pretending were somehow useless as transfers because it doesn't work like Tesco is ludicrous.

Suv666

Every transfer involves multiple bids. Only a moron accepts the first offer, regardless of what it is. If you wanted £10m for a player and are offered £12m, unless you're a fecking idiot you're going to say you were looking for something around the £15m mark.

Unless you're triggering a release clause, every selling club knows the first offer isn't the limit the buying club is willing to go to. Pretending were somehow useless as transfers because it doesn't work like Tesco is ludicrous.
Nothing to with the actual negotiation process. Of course there is haggling. But its pretty obvious, we don’t negotiate concurrently. Only once Mount was done, did the Onana bidding process heat up and now that’s drawing to a close, Rasmus is heating up. Its clearly a pattern.

Don’t know we why couldn’t negotiate for all the 3 deals in parallel.

Yeah there is the matter of budget, but surely there is a range the club is aware of, the max and min the transfer could cost. I don’t see why we can’t work on those estimates.

Maybe all clubs do it the same way I don’t pay close attention to non-Utd transfers but this process can definitely be streamlined.

AndySmith1990

Nothing to with the actual negotiation process. Of course there is haggling. But its pretty obvious, we don’t negotiate concurrently. Only once Mount was done, did the Onana bidding process heat up and now that’s drawing to a close, Rasmus is heating up. Its clearly a pattern.

Don’t know we why couldn’t negotiate for all the 3 deals in parallel.

Yeah there is the matter of budget, but surely there is a range the club is aware of, the max and min the transfer could cost. I don’t see why we can’t work on those estimates.

Maybe all clubs do it the same way I don’t pay close attention to non-Utd transfers but this process can definitely be streamlined.
Isn't it the same with every club? I can't really recall many instances of clubs signing more than one player within the space of a few days. Infact the one instance that springs to mind is when we signed Schneiderlin and Schweinstieger together

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why is @NLunited such a self-aggrandising prick?white text

Last edited:

Lost bear

Perhaps they spend too long 'preparing' bids, 'pinpointing targets' etc.