Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Ted Lasso

Should be £30m City just sold James Trafford without any PL experience for £19m our club is so bad at selling players
C'mon man. Can you seriously not sniff out fraud? The 100+ charges didn't give it away ?

Smores

Should be £30m City just sold James Trafford without any PL experience for £19m our club is so bad at selling players
Difference is we're actively trying to sell Henderson whilst City were probably happy to keep Trafford.

If you're offloading a player you ain't getting fair value. It should be 30m but 20m given the situation is reasonable.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You guys can't be that delusional. Everybody on this board wants to get rid of him and only bottom feeder clubs are interested but he's worth the same as MacAllister, Ruben Neves or the Caicedo rumoured fee. You guys should probably hope for a fee in the £15-20M range, that's what players like Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic or Xhaka fetched and is a lot more realistic. Unless you want to keep complaining like every transfer window that you cant get rid of your deadwood.
Mac Allister went for 35 million because Liverpool have some voodoo hex over other clubs (See Jota from Wolves for further proof).

Who is saying he's worth the same as Caicedo? Brighton want 100 million for him.

We are entitled to ask for a decent fee for McTominay. He's 26, has played over 100 games for Manchester United and scored a decent number of goals. He's a full international who has recently been one of his country's best players. 45 million is a pretty standard fee in the premier league for that profile of player.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Mac Allister went for 35 million because Liverpool have some voodoo hex over other clubs (See Jota from Wolves for further proof).

Who is saying he's worth the same as Caicedo? Brighton want 100 million for him.

We are entitled to ask for a decent fee for McTominay. He's 26, has played over 100 games for Manchester United and scored a decent number of goals. He's a full international who has recently been one of his country's best players. 45 million is a pretty standard fee in the premier league for that profile of player.
Ok so not only there's a conspiracy against Man Utd, but there's another one where other PL clubs work for Liverpool, ok...

McT is a decent player but he's a full international of a small nation, no disrespected to Scotland, and he's a bench warmer for you guys, 100 apps dont mean a lot when most of them are few minutes stints off the bench or cup games. Other clubs know you'd be happy to get rid of him and are not going to pay a premium just because of that.
You can't compare that with Rice who starts for one of the best national teams in the world and was the center piece of West Ham and drew interest from Arsenal, Man City and Bayern (and I'm not counting clubs in previous transfer windows), only a couple of clubs are interested in McT, despite the fact that he has a very favourable contract and affordable wages.
You are entitled to ask a decent fee for him, which is in the £15-20M range, maybe £30M at most with bonuses. Unless Saudi comes calling you're not getting 50/60M.

Woziak

Ok so Onana cost £43m, Mount £55m, we are not interested in maybe fees just actual fees paid so far, sky sports hypothetical costs on add ons never achieved are not relevant!

My guess is we did Mount on 5 years terms as we overpaid with only 12 months on his contract by about £10m and probably got a good deal on Onana so the two balance each other out.

United should now Be able to add D Henderson(20m), B Williams(7.5m), A Elanga(15m), M Jurado(1.25m) added to E Laird and Z IQbal, all these players represent net profit on our transfer budget and that figure can be amortised by length of new contracts for players. I think we will get 2 or 3 of these done quickly before the next transfer in, however this £40-45m boost will give us another £150-200m to our original £120m budget which was more likely £170-200m due to new record revenues predicted.

I genuinely believe the club has a budget from £230m-300m Gross spend.

GK - A Onana £43m tick ✔
B/GK - H Suzuki £5m
CB - D Alaba £35m
DM/CM - S Afrobat £25m
ATM - M Mount £55m tick ✔
CFW - R Hojlund £60m
Striker- J Felix £10m loan

The club has other options beside the main targets at CB/CM and a versatile striker but it’s clear now ETH is looking for 6 or 7 new arrivals and he will do whatever it takes to get players out the club he doesn’t fancy that’s why I see the following also going;

H Maguire(30m), Fred (15/20m),
A Telles(10/15m) , E Bailey (5/10m) conclusion we might actually get £80m with all transfers sales towards new players, I think if we sell Mctominay as well we will replace him but I can’t see us selling him due to his Homegrown status.

Woziak

I mean her contract will be a fraction of his so not really the same.
We should have given her a better deal end of, Marcus was probably offered £500-600k from PSG, Madrid but I think he wants to be the main man or at least equal footing, he does however look up to Kaine massively as all the England players do?

roseguy64

No, Mount is brought in as a starter to replace Eriksen. Fred or McT were not called upon because of their lack in quality.

Mount, Bruno, Casemiro with Amrabat and Eriksen as cover. I agree one more would be ideal but ten hag can operate with the above plus an organic option in Martinez or Mainoo in absolute emergencies.

Sabitzer himself was barely playing much, as was McT in the second half of the season. This current option list is better quality in depth.
McTominay was injured quickly after the internationals in March. Sabitzer was injured around the time Eriksen came back.

sparx99

Ok so not only there's a conspiracy against Man Utd, but there's another one where other PL clubs work for Liverpool, ok...

McT is a decent player but he's a full international of a small nation, no disrespected to Scotland, and he's a bench warmer for you guys, 100 apps dont mean a lot when most of them are few minutes stints off the bench or cup games. Other clubs know you'd be happy to get rid of him and are not going to pay a premium just because of that.
You can't compare that with Rice who starts for one of the best national teams in the world and was the center piece of West Ham and drew interest from Arsenal, Man City and Bayern (and I'm not counting clubs in previous transfer windows), only a couple of clubs are interested in McT, despite the fact that he has a very favourable contract and affordable wages.
You are entitled to ask a decent fee for him, which is in the £15-20M range, maybe £30M at most with bonuses. Unless Saudi comes calling you're not getting 50/60M.
I don’t think we’ll get anything over £35m for McTominay. But McTominay has been a part of a team that consistently finishes much farther up the league than West Ham.

It’s harder to get into the Man Utd team and be considered a good player than it is getting into West Ham’s team. Nobody cares when Rice has a shit game away to brentford or whoever. Whereas millions of people will moan and create gifs for one misplaced pass by a Man Utd player. Our players get the overly hyped and overly criticised.

In a world where Forest can pay £40m for Gibbs-White, Rice is £105m and Brighton want £80-100m for Caicedo then we should be pushing for a bigger fee than £20m.

Woziak

Kai Havertz went for £65 million and he's terribly crap. We need to start ripping some teams off, too.
I do agree with Scott Mctominay is a £50m player, we’ve played him in the wrong position most of his united career, he started off as a 9, but he’s clearly a BTB goal scoring midfielder whose scoring for fun for his country right now.

I’m actually ok with him staying to help with the HG rule but here’s a 26 year old with HG status, 6’4 perfect for a physical league who could get you 10 PL goals a season with 3 years left on his contract must be £45/50m value, like I said as a squad player I would keep, and he’s useful coming on last 20/25 minutes to drive the team forward, Fred is 30, 1 year on his contract and some Saudi team might pay us £20m.

It’s clear which player we should be selling first ?

roseguy64

Huh? The majority of McTominay's minutes for Man Utd are as a starter.

Woziak

McTominay was injured quickly after the internationals in March. Sabitzer was injured around the time Eriksen came back.
And here is the most important part of the new squad game, we have 25-27 man squad 8-10 homegrown players but you will always have 4/5 players injured within that squad, always sometimes more. We need 7 midfield options because 1/2 will always be injured 3 will start and 2 will be on the 9 man sub list should you need them.
Casemeiro, Mount, Bruno, S Amrabat, C Ericsen, S Mctominay, K Mainoo

replace current options of ;
Casemeiro, Ericsen , Fred, S McTominay, DVB, Bruno, K Mainoo

If Scott is sold there may be sone truth in United looking at M Kudas or L Goretzka as a replacement we will want a squad of 3 GK, 9 Defenders, 7 Midfielders and 7/8 attackers, obviously including under 21 talents like A Dialo, Garnaucho and K Mainoo to make up 27 man squad.

Becks00

And here is the most important part of the new squad game, we have 25-27 man squad 8-10 homegrown players but you will always have 4/5 players injured within that squad, always sometimes more. We need 7 midfield options because 1/2 will always be injured 3 will start and 2 will be on the 9 man sub list should you need them.

If Scott is sold there may be sone truth in United looking at M Kudas or L Goretzka as a replacement we will want a squad of 3 GK, 9 Defenders, 7 Midfielders and 7/8 attackers, obviously including under 21 talents like A Dialo, Garnaucho and K Mainoo to make up 27 man squad.
Hannibal can take up a squad role if Scott is sold, especially if we also sign Amrabat

Sir Chapman

I'd love us to go for Goretzka, especially with McTominay, Fred and VDB probably leaving or not getting the minutes they want. It puts us in a position where we need reinforcement. Also in the German newspapers it is written that Tuchel and Goretzka may have different views regarding playtime and future plans so his situation is really unsecure. Since Bayern really want to have Kane and need money, they may easier sell him as well. Mainoo definitely should be getting this season more minutes and play a part in the first squad as well.

Alemar

э We need 7 midfield options because 1/2 will always be injured 3 will start and 2 will be on the 9 man sub list should you need them.
and where is Hannibal ?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we manage to get money for Fred, VDB, Bailly, Telles, Williams, Henderson, Maguire and Mctominay, then I expect us to sign at least 3 more players. Either 2 CFs and DM or one CF and two DMs.
A very ambitious take. I hope you’re right.

Red00012

No, Mount is brought in as a starter to replace Eriksen. Fred or McT were not called upon because of their lack in quality.

Mount, Bruno, Casemiro with Amrabat and Eriksen as cover. I agree one more would be ideal but ten hag can operate with the above plus an organic option in Martinez or Mainoo in absolute emergencies.

Sabitzer himself was barely playing much, as was McT in the second half of the season. This current option list is better quality in depth.
Amrabat isn’t at the club currently . Martinez as an emergency is a non starter . You’ve basically made up a position for him.

Mount
Eriksen
Casemiro
McTominay
New signing

cover if needed
Bruno
Mainoo

E-mal

£45m for Maguire and McT is better value than spunking that amount on Palhina, in my opinion.

Guess wages might be an issue though.
Why should we accept 45m for both players? Have we got brain injury or what? Anything less than 70m and we would've been severely mugged.