Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Rake

I think the Japanese kid is of interest.
We might sign Suzuki but the whole ordeal is still a little suspect. If Onana gets a lengthy injury, we are going to rely on a 20 year old kid with no experience in competitive football to be our number one? We must have the utmost confidence in his ability and and mental fortitude then. It is more likely that Heaton is number 2 and this kid number 3.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We might sign Suzuki but the whole ordeal is still a little suspect. If Onana gets a lengthy injury, we are going to rely on a 20 year old kid with no experience in competitive football to be our number one? We must have the utmost confidence in his ability and and mental fortitude then. It is more likely that Heaton is number 2 and this kid number 3.
Heaton signed a new contract I believe so yes I think that’s the plan

Dannn411

Thought they might keep him to backup Andre
Same. I think he is ready to play fot the club but I also understand sending him on loan as he's too good to ride bench for nearly all the season. But I don't see the need to sign another GK after Onana. Kovar is definitely good enough to be a very solid back-up.

Rake

Heaton signed a new contract I believe so yes I think that’s the plan
I'd even argue that, at least from the club's perspective, it makes the most sense to keep Henderson as number 2 and have an actual real challenge for Onana.

That being said, Henderson is likely to throw a tantrum, so we are rightly looking to sell him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd even argue that, at least from the club's perspective, it makes the most sense to keep Henderson as number 2 and have an actual real challenge for Onana.

That being said, Henderson is likely to throw a tantrum, so we are rightly looking to sell him.
I suspect he was also one of the leaks to the media

croadyman

Nah sell Henderson because we need cash

Crimson King

He's a youth product so can be sold for pure profit, so even £20m would translate to a higher amount in terms of what we can spend. If the Glazers let us spend it...

But yeah, he doesn't want to be #2 either.

SirScholes

Makes no sense to keep a player who has been throwing his toys out the pram to be number 2, when his best chance was when de gea was here.
he’s got zero choice now ETH has his dream keeper

UTD_Since_1978

Makes no sense to keep a player who has been throwing his toys out the pram to be number 2, when his best chance was when de gea was here.
he’s got zero choice now ETH has his dream keeper
Yeah, forking out £50m for him, still yet to play a game for UTD, for Hendo to be picked over him would be an absolute miracle.

Fox outside the box

Same. I think he is ready to play fot the club but I also understand sending him on loan as he's too good to ride bench for nearly all the season. But I don't see the need to sign another GK after Onana. Kovar is definitely good enough to be a very solid back-up.
Maybe he won't accept ever being a backup, we know this and already sort of know that he'll end up being moved on. If true then it makes complete sense that we'd still want to sign someone. Someone who is prepared to be a backup.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I look forward to United monitoring the situation until the 9th day then.
They've been in talks for a while and have already submitted 2-3 informal offers by now. They'll be submitting their first formal offer imminently. I see no basis for this meme here.

If you want to bring this meme up, then do so for Randal Kolo Muani.

klayton88

They've been in talks for a while and have already submitted 2-3 informal offers by now. They'll be submitting their first formal offer imminently. I see no basis for this meme here.

If you want to bring this meme up, then do so for Randal Kolo Muani.
I was fishing a little mate and should have white text. I think we're are having our best summer in years in this current window, I like to think we are turning a corner for real this time. To have three huge upgrades in before we've even gone on the main tour is great business.

It was more a jab at the twitter journos who can't just not tweet for a day and continuously spout 'monitoring', 'aware of' etc.

I've also been so heavily invested in the Onanadrama (TM) that I wasn't even aware there were solid links, let alone contact with his club. Cheers for the tweets!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was fishing a little mate and should have white text. I think we're are having our best summer in years in this current window, I like to think we are turning a corner for real this time. To have three huge upgrades in before we've even gone on the main tour is great business.

It was more a jab at the twitter journos who can't just not tweet for a day and continuously spout 'monitoring', 'aware of' etc.

I've also been so heavily invested in the Onanadrama (TM) that I wasn't even aware there were solid links, let alone contact with his club. Cheers for the tweets!
We'll see if we get a 3rd upgrade in soon, but to have two key players come in already is great. We seem to be heading in the right direction re:Højlund, especially since we agreed personal terms with him.

I'm glad you are liking the Tweets as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The official announcement:

The English journalists are reporting a slightly different fee to Di Marzio: