Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Borninthe80ts

Personally Ithik he will be Casemiro's long term replacement
I’m starting to think this way too, and can see the logic. Good size, composure, puts his foot in and can pass. Also a manager that trusts young players. Just needs to learn the role.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I’m starting to think this way too, and can see the logic. Good size, composure, puts his foot in and can pass. Also a manager that trusts young players. Just needs to learn the role.
I don’t think ETH trusts young players. You could argue for Garnacho but he’s good enough to make it. Whereas he had the opportunity in cup games to play young players and he didn’t

Trex

I don’t think ETH trusts young players. You could argue for Garnacho but he’s good enough to make it. Whereas he had the opportunity in cup games to play young players and he didn’t
It was his first season, plus we were never winning the league and the cups were the chance to win something, he actually achieved that.
Plus you'll think a new manager will want to get the senior players right before introducing youth if you want to create the right balance?
Last point 1 youth player breaking into the side in his first year is more than enough, this is united the standards are high.

Fox outside the box

He obviously trusts young players, he seemed pretty instrumental in us spending 100 mill on a 22 year old, his Ajax team didn't struggle for young or academy players. He literally managed the team that links Bayern's academy and their first team.

But they also obviously have to be good enough, along with a multitude of other factors that will feed into whether he plays them or not.

His judgement is infinitely better than yours, so if you think he should have played an academy player in a certain and hasn't, maybe ponder on it and consider why.... Like, just think.... Why might he not be playing a player I think he should? Not a rhetorical 'why' but a genuine sit and think about his reasons sort of why.

Borninthe80ts

I’ll clarify a bit. When I say trust players I meant more when he believes a young player is ready he will give them minutes in around then first team, they then become a regular member of the squad and then go from there talent dependent. I’ve seen a few interviews where he makes this point from his time here and also Ajax.

He basically played Gravenberch and others from17/18 and I know the league quality different, but think potential was similar.

Suv666

6 players out would be great, folks wishing for 10 players aren’t being realistic. That’s a lot of bodies and you would need a Chelsea sort of window to compensate for such a huge clear out.

Borninthe80ts

My bad, I replied before seeing the above replies but I think Fox and Trex, ( 1980’s cop duo?) pretty much covered it in better detail. The core of Ten philosophies from his youth days at Bayern to club football in the Netherlands was give youth a chance. Sure he mentioned the clubs academy and ‘rebuilding’ the pathway to the first team in his first interviews too.

AndySmith1990

I think ETH is happy to trust young players and give them a chance if he deems them good enough to make it. But he's not going to fall into the trap that many United fans do and blindly overhype them all expecting them to magically turn into elite players. The reality is the majority of our youth players will never be good enough

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1 - Loïc Tanzi):
While a number of front-runners have fallen by the wayside in recent days, PSG have opened talks for 20-year-old Rasmus Höjlund (Atalanta).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He is more than welcome to join that dumpster fire of a club.
We're still ahead of the race. We've fully agreed personal terms with a player who's a huge fan of our club, and we're fleshing out our first formal offer to submit to them. PSG, meanwhile, have only been in talks with the agent, who's encouraging them to pay whatever Atalanta are asking for so that his client can move on to a bigger club.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We're still ahead of the race. We've fully agreed personal terms with a player who's a huge fan of our club, and we're fleshing out our first formal offer to submit to them. PSG, meanwhile, have only been in talks with the agent, who's encouraging them to pay whatever Atalanta are asking for so that his client can move on to a bigger club.
But if PSG pay the full asking price, Atalanta will accept theirs right? The last thing we want is a bidding war.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But if PSG pay the full asking price, Atalanta will accept theirs right? The last thing we want is a bidding war.
That's if they do it. I doubt they will as they are trying to control their finances, and they have to sell a bunch of their fringe players in order to do that. Regardless, they've yet to agree to personal terms with Højlund, which we've done already. The player's also incredibly keen on playing for us. The only way we miss out is if PSG just decide to pay Atalanta's asking price now without selling their players and convince Højlund to join them along with United inquiring about other striker targets. I don't see them quickly convincing Højlund unless United put this on the back burner to focus on another forward, which is currently not the case.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ll get derided for this but I think the way the club are treating No.11 is poor. More than understandable if they feel he can’t play for the club again but in that case sell or loan. He’s been off charges since what January/February, we shouldn’t have let this drag on. Surely there’s something going on that’s keeping this from a public resolution cause it’s a really strange the club are off on tour & he’s taking random training sessions.

prateik

I’ll get derided for this but I think the way the club are treating No.11 is poor. More than understandable if they feel he can’t play for the club again but in that case sell or loan. He’s been off charges since what January/February, we shouldn’t have let this drag on. Surely there’s something going on that’s keeping this from a public resolution cause it’s a really strange the club are off on tour & he’s taking random training sessions.
I'm sure he is on the market.. We will accept any acceptable offers for him

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm sure he is on the market.. We will accept any acceptable offers for him
Whole things just weird. EtH fielding questions 6 months on & all. His comments make it pretty clear if Greenwood is sold he’d have had him back though.

DavelinaJolie

Hmm. I have little sympathy for him, but that this has been allowed to drag on this long without the club finding an acceptable solution is quite disappointing.

Lee565

I know the club would get loads of crap from the media if he started for us again this season but surely keeping him close to the club and making sure he fully resolve his personal demons is responsible thing to do instead of bowing to the media and casting him off away from the club to deal with his issues on his own or just leaving him limbo to the point he may struggle to ever pick up his career which may lead him down a bad path once again.

lysglimt

Scout
Whatever decison they reach fine - but it's a joke that the club still havent decided on what to do with Greenwood.

Edwards6

I know the club would get loads of crap from the media if he started for us again this season but surely keeping him close to the club and making sure he fully resolve his personal demons is responsible thing to do instead of bowing to the media and casting him off away from the club to deal with his issues on his own or just leaving him limbo to the point he may struggle to ever pick up his career which may lead him down a bad path once again.
You're talking like he's the victim, he's responsible for what he did and ruining his career not the club