Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

pascell

Yeah don't think we are looking to sell him
I think it's going to be permanent, soundings early this summer he is on the list of players we'll listen to offers for.

I don't think ten Hag will like his temperament and I said that is the thing that would stop him from breaking into the United first team. He allows the opposition to get into his head to easily and quickly, meaning anything could happen, ten Hag won't appreciate players like that and rightfully so.

I hope I'm wrong that it's permanent but I feel it would benefit Hannibal more and we insert a buy-back and % sell on clause.

croadyman

I think it's going to be permanent, soundings early this summer he is on the list of players we'll listen to offers for.

I don't think ten Hag will like his temperament and I said that is the thing that would stop him from breaking into the United first team. He allows the opposition to get into his head to easily and quickly, meaning anything could happen, ten Hag won't appreciate players like that and rightfully so.

I hope I'm wrong that it's permanent but I feel it would benefit Hannibal more and we insert a buy-back and % sell on clause.
Remember when he came on at Anfield

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah don't think we are looking to sell him
I'm apparently blocked from accessing the article, so the best I can do is go off of the Tweet. The Tweet itself hints at Hannibal being sold to Luton Town with other clubs also showing interest but not necessarily being as advanced in their negotiations.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not surprised we're (allegedly) selling Hannibal. Feels like we're finally starting to move away from the model where we send players on loan to different clubs every year, stunting their development. Sale + buy-back clause is the way to go.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is coming from a Tunisian journalist, so there may be something to it:

Source (Tier 4):
If this is a sale it's stupid, but if it's a loan to Feyenoord @Adnan you may get your wish.

sparx99

Remember when he came on at Anfield
He’s still a young player though. When did the cafe stop liking fiery players? We have a rich history in Stam, Keane, Cantona, Rooney, Vidic etc who all got stupid red cards.

Two of the current favourites in Martinez and Casemiro have an edge to them.

Mejbri will maybe have to contain himself a bit but he didn’t get any red cards at Birmingham last year.

Baxquux

He’s still a young player though. When did the cafe stop liking fiery players? We have a rich history in Stam, Keane, Cantona, Rooney, Vidic etc who all got stupid red cards.

Two of the current favourites in Martinez and Casemiro have an edge to them.

Mejbri will maybe have to contain himself a bit but he didn’t get any red cards at Birmingham last year.
I think he's capable of becoming a squad player, but needs to play in a team that is less pragmatic than Luton (at least that's my sense of them), even if it's a struggling side in terms of results. He's got the grit, as well as technique- now he needs to deal with playing in a technical style at a higher-level, including assessing when to take risks. against quick and strong - but also top-level in their anticipation and sense of when to press and to set traps - players. Basically, the speed chess-boxing that the PL forces you into.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His signing always looked really bizarre, smacking of some sort of "strengthening the squad" / "Pogba replacement in case he left that summer".

When it was quickly obvious he plays where our best player plays, out best player who never misses games.
Even his old manager coming in didn't help a jot.

flameinthesun

His signing always looked really bizarre, smacking of some sort of "strengthening the squad" / "Pogba replacement in case he left that summer".

When it was quickly obvious he plays where our best player plays, out best player who never misses games.
Even his old manager coming in didn't help a jot.
As well as not having any of the creativity of Bruno or Pogba. Honestly just a weird signing.

GoldanoGraham

Doesn't he have serious injury concerns/issues around ongoing reduced dynamism which have affected his game quite significantly? I've seen him play well in CL in the past, and like the idea of a powerful, technically decent and adaptable midfielder with winning experience , but would be concerned Bayern are selling us another physically over-the-hill player ala Schweinsteiger ...
He’s not played for ETH before so it’s a smokescreen no-go!